Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview

7 minutes ago, EI137 said:

Does the a330 have the little dong noise (which I think has something to do with the emergency exit lights) when you put the landing gear up or when the landing gear goes down, like in the blue sky star simulations sound pack?

What you hear there is the no smoking signs going off when the gear retracts. This happens when the no smoking sign is in auto position and is already modelled in our A320.

10 minutes ago, sebi777 said:

will have an EFB or i wil use aivlasoft for the performance take off and procédures etc...?

Read back some pages please. 

As a person who has traveled on real A330s I can tell I am super excited to be getting this plane!

Ive been in a real Delta A330 cockpit and the screenshots look EXACTLY like those seen on the real thing, Aerosoft really knows their thing. I sometimes wish PMDG would move onto Airbus but this plane seems to take the cake. Ever since I started simming in 2008 I had always wanted a 777 & A330. I now have the 777 thanks to PMDG and I am waiting on the A330 from Aerosoft!

I hope this dosen't take long because my vacation will end soon and I hope this plane will be release sometime in the next couple months, before I go back to college in a couple weeks!

A question what are those 2 things by the lower ECAM are they like mini ACARS? will they be modeled?

Looking great guys!

Those are for CPDLC, what that is can easily be found in the internet.

We will model them if the online networks are able to provide the counterpart necessary for CPDLC.

3 minutes ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

Those are for CPDLC, what that is can easily be found in the internet.

We will model them if the online networks are able to provide the counterpart necessary for CPDLC.

It would be awesome if you get IVAO or vatsim to provide datalink on the CPDLC screens or if not even having some kind of information on the display like ATIS 

5 hours ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

What you hear there is the no smoking signs going off when the gear retracts. This happens when the no smoking sign is in auto position and is already modelled in our A320.

Actually, it is related to the emergency exit lighting. When the gear is up, the emergency lights at the doors go out, as well as a ding in the cabin. It's a chime for the cabin crew to know when critical phase of flight has ended / about to take place.

(at least it is at my airline)

12 hours ago, calzoom said:

Actually, it is related to the emergency exit lighting. When the gear is up, the emergency lights at the doors go out, as well as a ding in the cabin. It's a chime for the cabin crew to know when critical phase of flight has ended / about to take place.

(at least it is at my airline)

Interesting, is that chime actually also audible in the cockpit or just in the cabin?

13 hours ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

Interesting, is that chime actually also audible in the cockpit or just in the cabin?

I'll ask and find out for sure, but pretty sure it's only really audiable in the cabin.

Just want to point out I was referring to the A319/A320 series.

You hearthat sound only i the cabin in the 330. especially with (at most airlines) the Fight DEck Crew Rest and Crew Lavatory directly behind the Flight Deck in 330.´and the cockpit door closed.

I know its bad manners to ask for a release date (although I really want to know) but I very hope this plane will be released by the end of this year!

Will we need a joystick for this bird too like the previous busses? & will other engines such as PW and GE follow after the release of the A330. Also what is the variant is it a -200 or -300 I LOVE long planes (no pun intended) such as the -300 it makes it more Airbusy for me :P

Yes you need a joystick, the -300 with RR engines will be modelled. Anything else is not known or disclosed at the moment. 

All your questions have already been answered in this thread so if you want more info just read the 47 pages. (Or atleast the first one) ;)

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

Yes you need a joystick, the -300 with RR engines will be modelled. Anything else is not known or disclosed at the moment. 

All your questions have already been answered in this thread so if you want more info just read the 47 pages. (Or atleast the first one) ;)

I think the Airbus works just fine with keyboard and mouse yoke (as least in A320). Did I remembered it wrong or the A330 is different?

46 minutes ago, sebi777 said:

it will be mandatory in other plane product  like the crj and other future plane ?

Yes, we see no reason to fly a plane with the keyboard. If it works for you then fine but support will not be giving for it. 

1 hour ago, sebi777 said:

it will be mandatory in other plane product  like the crj and other future plane ?

13 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Yes, we see no reason to fly a plane with the keyboard. If it works for you then fine but support will not be giving for it. 

While a mouse and keyboard in theory might be technical sufficient control input for the default aircrafts in FSX/P3D. Anyone willing to spend good money on an quality addon like Aerosoft's (or some of the other

respectable developers)aircrafts should realize that mouse/keyboard isn't going to do and that a joystick IS going to be needed. Tom already stated that a joystick is needed but regardless if I would spent like 50 euros

(hypothetical price) on the Aerosoft A330, I wouldn't dream of trying to control it with a mouse+keyboard.

You can pick up a basic joystick with throttle and rudder control on Amazon for about €20. I don't see why even a casual simmer wouldn't own a joystick.

I have 3 joysticks and a yoke I collected over the years.  One is an old Microsoft Sidewinder that works as well now as it did about 10 years ago and refuses to give up the ghost.   The other two, Speedlink Black Widow and Thrustmast T Flight  Hotas, have a built in throttle slider separate from the main joystick.  One of them can even be separated and use the throttle slider and joystick apart from each other or all as one unit.  The thing is even with these features they are so relatively cheap to purchase with the throttle slider ones only £15 - £30 depending on where you purchase.  No way would I part with mine, I don't always use the flight yoke as my steering wheel is set up all the time on the desk next to mine as I use ATS and ETS2 a lot.  So I alternate between my joysticks 9 times out of 10 for the convenience of keeping my rig just as a simple kb/mouse combo and not bolting/unbolting the flight yoke all the time.