Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview

10 hours ago, Wackenopfer said:

Just FYI, the definition may be called a momentary switch, but Airbus still calls them Pushbutton Switch (pbsw.). It doesnt matter if he holds the position, like the PACK pbsw. or it is just pushed but remains its initial status like the APU START pbsw.

If Airbus would have named them each according its function the captains would think twice and so on to press a switch. It would complicate SOP and EMER situations. Or in general situations in which certain clarification is just unnecessary. I imagine discussion between those computer controllers if the switch is momentary or not, to press it or not and so on. They would write dozens of Complanint into the technical log for sure just so we will have to tell them that the function is completelly non-relevant.

As one of my favorite sign-offs for unnecessary Techlog-Entries: "Thank you for the additional paper-work"

Really good info, thanks for the clarification!

Hi Mathijs,

On sheer intrigue I'm curious what you would consider the more challenging project moving forward, modelling an A330-200 with RR engines or adding CF6 engines to an A330-300 model

6 minutes ago, Johnathan Matrixson said:

Hi Mathijs,

On sheer intrigue I'm curious what you would consider the more challenging project moving forward, modelling an A330-200 with RR engines or adding CF6 engines to an A330-300 model

From a technical standpoint adding new engines to an exiting aircraft type is surely the easier option.

vor 1 hour , Daniel Reber sagte:

Are the CF6 Engines the ones, American Airlines has on the A330-300?

No, as far as I know American Airlines has all it's A330s from US Airways and they are using the Rolls-Royce Trent and the Pratt & Whitney ones..

On 1.8.2016 at 16:52, Mathijs Kok sagte:

If I find time I'll do a small vid of the APU startup tomorrow.

I think you didn't find the time or am I wrong? If I am wrong where can I watch it...

And is it possible to get a engine spool up this friday? :wub:

Talking about this

A3303(1).MP3

vor 2 Stunden , francis16 sagte:

Hi guys,

Quick question, i just watched a video of an A330 taxiing at night and i just noticed the beacon lights are lit alternately (0:34). Is this going to be part of your design as well?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VykE-yZrUCM

Hi Francis!

What i could witness here is that the beacons are in synch at the start of the video and are flashing after each other once the plane is on the ground. This could be random (because of slightly different beacon flash timing) or at will (which we will research).

However the result goes: We take care of it.

Will the issue where the last waypoint of a Flightplan imported through the CoRoute in PFPX is deleted in the MCDU if it comes after a DCT be fixed in the A330 and therefore the SP4 for the A320 series?

56 minutes ago, Stefan Hoffmann said:

Hi Francis!

What i could witness here is that the beacons are in synch at the start of the video and are flashing after each other once the plane is on the ground. This could be random (because of slightly different beacon flash timing) or at will (which we will research).

However the result goes: We take care of it.

Hi stefan,

Im actually doing my research as well and I couldn't see any answers why it is like that. If ever you have an answer please do enlighten me :) 

Can i just say, as a fan of your work i am extremely excited for this product to come out. Its an anxiety that i cannot control. All i can do is just wait :(

vor 2 Stunden , HoodieCraft sagte:

No, as far as I know American Airlines has all it's A330s from US Airways and they are using the Rolls-Royce Trent and the Pratt & Whitney ones..

Only because I´ve never heard about CF6 engines. I only knew the RR, PW and another one but I´ve really never heard about CF6

1 minute ago, Daniel Reber said:

Only because I´ve never heard about CF6 engines. I only knew the RR, PW and another one but I´ve really never heard about CF6

He is right CF6 are produced by General Electic and it's one of the 3 engines variants of the A330 :P

gerade, pilotedu972 sagte:

He is right CF6 are produced by General Electic and it's one of the 3 engines variants of the A330 :P

Oh GE was the third engine type... I didn´t know that GE=GE CF6. Thanks for your answers:)

On 9.8.2016 at 2:38 AM, Wackenopfer said:

To the Door-Discussion last page:

This Door is not an option but a so called EMER-EXIT Door. This is like the Overwing-Door of the smaller busses. Not used for boarding or catering. Just for some air for hot-headed mechanics doing their work. I have literally never seen a A340/330 with another type of door on Door 3L/R. An I have seen alot (not only from photos but i work on those aircrafts). The Door 2 at the 321 has different options in its size as the DLH for example uses it for boarding. 

As the A340/330 bases on the A306/A310 the door remained.

I have to inform you, that I revoke my statement above. A discussion with Stefan made me sceptical and I looked my documentations up again and I stumbled across an Airbus Option for a larger CUT-Out. What you never see, does not mean necessarily that it doesnt exist. Thanks to Airbus (pay it and they do it)...Anyway the larger Door is in my opinion not the "main" used for the DOOR 3 and it remains an EMER-EXIT (<- not my opinion but a fact)

Untitled.jpg

Greetings from CGN

Friday update:

Basic painting of the belly is now finished (dirt comes later). I now learned that the belly panels are held by over 5.500 screws alone in this section ;-)

Next stop is the landing gears....

BELLY_TEXTURE_AUG2016.png

On 9-8-2016 at 7:08 PM, francis16 said:

Hi stefan,

Im actually doing my research as well and I couldn't see any answers why it is like that. If ever you have an answer please do enlighten me :) 

Can i just say, as a fan of your work i am extremely excited for this product to come out. Its an anxiety that i cannot control. All i can do is just wait :(

Looks like the beacons are synchronised when the strobes are on and not synchronized when they are off?

2 hours ago, keukenrol said:

Looks like the beacons are synchronised when the strobes are on and not synchronized when they are off?

2 hours ago, keukenrol said:

Im guessing that happens if you put the beacon lights on auto? What do you think? For me, its a cool feature and at the same time it is odd because its my first time to see both beacon lights flash like that. 

5 hours ago, francis16 said:

Im guessing that happens if you put the beacon lights on auto? What do you think? For me, its a cool feature and at the same time it is odd because its my first time to see both beacon lights flash like that. 

Makes sense, like how some busses seem to have alternating upper/lower indicators that let you see whether the bus is turning much faster, this lets you spot the aircraft much quicker (the on-off interval effectively halves). Not that I know anything about A330 beacons or busses.

Keep up the good work! The aircraft looks amazing!

11 hours ago, Stefan Hoffmann said:

Friday update:

Basic painting of the belly is now finished (dirt comes later). I now learned that the belly panels are held by over 5.500 screws alone in this section ;-)

Next stop is the landing gears....

BELLY_TEXTURE_AUG2016.png

Wait 'til you see the amount of riveting on the inside of those things...