Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview

vor 12 Minuten, ErichB sagte:

Will it include the smell of kerosene ?   If not, I'll pass

Great new shots.

It will be available in 5.000kg batches as an addon - if you want the smell just at take-off and landing each package will last for about 5 flights :glider_s:

16 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Will it include the smell of kerosene ?   If not, I'll pass

Great new shots.

Will talk to Coco Chanel about a decent addon.

Vor 1 Stunde, waeln sagte:

Looks great!! will you guys apply dynamic reflection and see through cabin windows?

Dynamic reflection: Only possible in P3D now and needs to render an extra view for the reflection (which is then mapped to the surface). Eats up a good portion of FPS and you have that to multiply with any glossy material existing in the model. Currently still a NO GO. 

Cabin windows: Textured variant for two reasons: The A330 got fully equipped ca. 140 pax windows. Relative to the body they are tiny. When you model that halfway round you invest a lot of geometry that is better used on more visible places. Also there have to be extra window glass polygons, and an interior cabin and in the end you not see much of it.

Into the aircraft shadow calculation this all needs also to be included. And last but not least the texturing way (which also will look good) is very flexible when it comes to alternative window/blind windows/door layouts. This is here fully in the hands of the painters. Masks for the blinds and two door types (wide and small) will be included in the paintkit.

always amazing work stefan ;)

Looking forward for the rest of the detail to be implemented.

And right now the people here are getting funny^^ heart flex in the wings coco chanel eau de fuel (which indeed holds plenty of days like the real kerosine. my girl always rejects me after i work with fuel :unsure:)

better than repeating oneselve every page because of those stupid question all over again,

1 hour ago, dillonh.wy said:

Looks great! Will we see a checklist system like in the A320 series?

Sure, if it's in the 320, it'll be in the 330!

31 minutes ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

Конечно, если это в 320, это будет в 330!

What screenshot can we expect?

5 minutes ago, ShoeAShoeRussia said:

What screenshot can we expect?

Please check new posts in this topic before asking for something...

5 minutes ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

First read, then post...

The translator is strange, I mean, what are we going to wait for next Friday

Just now, ShoeAShoeRussia said:

That's something you will see next Friday ;) 

19 minutes ago, ShoeAShoeRussia said:

An A330 I guess.... or at least parts of it!

For details:

18 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

That's something you will see next Friday ;) 

5 hours ago, Stefan Hoffmann said:

Dynamic reflection: Only possible in P3D now and needs to render an extra view for the reflection (which is then mapped to the surface). Eats up a good portion of FPS and you have that to multiply with any glossy material existing in the model. Currently still a NO GO. 

Cabin windows: Textured variant for two reasons: The A330 got fully equipped ca. 140 pax windows. Relative to the body they are tiny. When you model that halfway round you invest a lot of geometry that is better used on more visible places. Also there have to be extra window glass polygons, and an interior cabin and in the end you not see much of it.

Into the aircraft shadow calculation this all needs also to be included. And last but not least the texturing way (which also will look good) is very flexible when it comes to alternative window/blind windows/door layouts. This is here fully in the hands of the painters. Masks for the blinds and two door types (wide and small) will be included in the paintkit.

Thnx for the explanation Stefan and amazing work!! understand on the dynamic reflection but really wished you modeled cabin windows! they do really ad realism, specially when using 55" to 65' screens!! We do like the fact that PMDG and captain sim does that on their 777 and was hoping you guys will do the same if not even better ;)

21 hours ago, Stefan Hoffmann said:

Time for a friday update. Work is now transitioning into the texture painting sector. Still some little stuff to add like pitots, sensors and the outflow valve panels (so please not complain about such findings);  such works happen parallely to painting...

Oh very nice. The spoilers on the first picture are very nice. But the engine screenshot is fantastic as well. You do a very great job. Thank you so much:)

This project makes me as happy as my last divorce ... and by that I mean it makes me REALLY happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any news regarding the ability to speed up time? In most cases, I am able to double the sim rate in the a320 series, but going faster will cause severe abnormalities / crashes.

How tolerant will the A330 be to simming time rates, if it's not too early to ask.

Thank you,

1 hour ago, darth_damian_000 said:

Any news regarding the ability to speed up time? In most cases, I am able to double the sim rate in the a320 series, but going faster will cause severe abnormalities / crashes.

How tolerant will the A330 be to simming time rates, if it's not too early to ask.

Thank you,

No news, our last statements are still valid on this.

10 hours ago, waeln said:

Thnx for the explanation Stefan and amazing work!! understand on the dynamic reflection but really wished you modeled cabin windows! they do really ad realism, specially when using 55" to 65' screens!! We do like the fact that PMDG and captain sim does that on their 777 and was hoping you guys will do the same if not even better ;)

But you hopefully also like to get good framerates and no out of memory errors, do you?

In a 32bit plattform and with the hardware most customers use we are simply limited in what we can do and get.

Also keep in mind our A330 won't cost you 135$.

I'm always a bit astonished what kind of details and extras are sometimes demanded by some customers/users. In the end, will you really notice see-through windows and all those other things while you do a flight? I like good visuals and a realistic feeling as well, but I think one can also overdo it - and, as Emi pointed out, at the expense of performance. I really like that Aerosoft keeps performance in mind and keeps checking everything (or at least almost everything - speaking of the independent MCDUs ;)) for its VAS impact and for whether it is really necessary. Yes, I can understand that flightsimmers with a more puristic approach would prefer a superdetailed product like PMDG offers. But, at the end of the day, one really has to ask oneself, too: "Do I REALLY need that feature as well?" I'm pretty convinced that if we all asked us that question really seriously, we would come to the conclusion that those little extras of eyecandy might be nice, but not really necessary even for our own happiness with the product. ;)

That said, those new preview pics are stunning once more. Even if the plane is still untextured, it already makes the same majestic impression as the real A330. Wonderful work, guys - the A330 definitely is the FSX add-on I am looking forward to most!

7 hours ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

But you hopefully also like to get good framerates and no out of memory errors, do you?

In a 32bit plattform and with the hardware most customers use we are simply limited in what we can do and get.

Also keep in mind our A330 won't cost you 135$.

Emanuel, I agree on the frame rates and see your point!! but some of us have great systems, very few out of memory errors and use P3D!! why not make one that has a feature that you can choose which is frame friendly for fsx and one with all the bells and whistles for the most of us who have moved to P3D!! With every new product that comes out we should be adding new features and not taking them of the list!! we should be moving forward towards the new simulations that are now offering new features not the old ones that have reached there limits!! You guys do amazing products and I'm willing to pay more for a product that surpasses competition!! Captainsims 777 and blackbox are not $135.00!! I'm a big fan of your work and know that you guys are able to provide top notch products with better features every time!!  keep up the good work and please take that into consideration!!

40 minutes ago, waeln said:

Emanuel, I agree on the frame rates and see your point!! but some of us have great systems, very few out of memory errors and use P3D!! why not make one that has a feature that you can choose which is frame friendly for fsx and one with all the bells and whistles for the most of us who have moved to P3D!! With every new product that comes out we should be adding new features and not taking them of the list!! we should be moving forward towards the new simulations that are now offering new features not the old ones that have reached there limits!! You guys do amazing products and I'm willing to pay more for a product that surpasses competition!! Captainsims 777 and blackbox are not $135.00!! I'm a big fan of your work and know that you guys are able to provide top notch products with better features every time!!  keep up the good work and please take that into consideration!!

Someone has issues with FPS. Someone with VAS. Someone wants eye candy stuff. Someone doesn't. Someone wants a 2D panel. Someone else wants a VC with independent side-sticks. Someone wants the tiller to work. Someone has an A330 home cockpit. He doesn't want the VC to be designed at all. 

If we go by this line of thinking, Aerosoft will have to make a custom A330 for everyone based on the budget. Are we talking to a software developer, or a tailor? 

Please don't make Aerosoft to work for the rich guys with monster computers, because then the rest of the simmers will be forced to pirate. Let's be reasonable and trust their business model. PMDG, CaptainSim and BBS have their way of doing stuff. Aerosoft has its own philosophy. Let us respect that.

13 minutes ago, waeln said:

The amount of people having such systems and no memory problems makes up less than 0.5% of our customers, however if we invest more work 100% of the customers would have to pay for it. Is that fair towards the great majority of customers? We don't think so.

Hi,

I am not convinced that a "nice for the price" product is what people are actually expecting. 

The amount of "wow" , "fantastic" "can't wait" we can read here are a little bit ludicrous as we have to 

test the functionalities and their plausibility to make up our mind about the attractivity of the plane.

There are a lot of companies producing nice aircrafts like e.g. Cxxxxxx . But their products are just as boring as the MS default planes.

Other firms choose to make ambitious models like maybe A2A, Majestic, Realair, and of course PMDG . If I follow Emanuel Hagen I should think they made the wrong choice because they offer relative pricy in spite of "social" oriented products.

Do you remember the sad destiny of Wilco Feel There, once a reference and now ....???

Do you  think the best would be too much ?