Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview

In real life you don't really see this anyway. The human brain is rather good in compensating for these effects so unless you really want to see them you will rather just not notice.

Can't wait to made some flight between Brussels and some Brussels Airlines African destination, amazing work guys !

Cheers.

Jeff

21 hours ago, rickm1985 said:

Got to admit looking forward to the a330 but i am gutted that you have not started with the 200 series..

And if we started with the 200 version there would be other people gutted.  It's a recurring issue we'll have with every aircraft release. I have a special folder for these things and let me quote from that:

• We have 185 different requests for versions of the F-16 we did not included (not liveries, but equipement, duo's etc etc)
  • We have 112 different requests for A320 versions (the family) that we did not include (from rough terrain and snow kits to versions where windows are blanked etc)
  • We have 44 different requests for Twin Otter versions that we did not include (different engines, different floats, polar kits, tropic kits etc)
  • For the Huey I do not have complete data but I remember we had dozens as well.

It's a discussion that we can't win, there will always be people who want another version. In my opinion getting a solid A330 is far more important than getting a certain engine type. Same logic as PMDG uses. And adding a different engine is by all means NOT a trivial task as some people suggested. Getting a different visual model, different instruments and a new air file are in fact the easy parts! That's all you need for a B737 for example. But getting the engine performance matched to the flight computers is the real hard part. That takes months and literally thousands of testing hours (and keep in mind that is after you got the flight model completed!).

So sure we could make all versions, all engines. It would just add around 18 months to the schedule. If you are the kind of person who feels this project is incomplete until the version YOU consider absolutely vital (and we are morons not to included it), I suggest you simply wait 18 months after we released the initial version. Good chance it's in there at that time and you will be happy. Solves your problem and it solves my problem. 

And with that I will close this line of discussion. No arguments will change our plans.

Interesting fact is that after about 100 pages in the old thread the same tasks, questions and demand are made here. And  they are answered the same way as it was in the old one.

It seems easier and less stressful just to add new info by admins or other staff with button "like" and "dislike" other member can click. It makes me sad to suggest this.

Just like a blog. 

BTT: Really good work and I will buy it for my birthday or christmas latest (just 4 weeks apart). So I dont get stressed by release date debates or other trouble here. I just read and comment sometimes to be up to date with development.

Head on AS!

Aerosoft Airbus is really enough for Normal Procedure which is wonderful. 

Is it possible to allow PFD to display smoothly ? from early A320 is locked at 15FPS which what I understand due to XML right ?   

Thank you.

Hanmin Choi.

You are right, but It is locked at 18 FPS. There won't be any changes on that, as it is still based on build in FSX/P3D functionality. The alternative would be to display it completely by oneself, but that is not in the scope of this product.

When I close my eyes, I can already see myself flying the Aerosoft A330 across the pond :D The cockpit looks amazing!!

If you have seen this topic: 

you might understand why I mentioned an Electronic Flight Bag recently. We now have the license to the LIDO charts so we can insert them into the aircraft we make. Almost all modern cockpits have pushed paper charts to a backup role and we are seriously considering doing the same. The EFB will draw the charts from our servers and just as with the Navigation Database will require a subscription to be updates (and in this case used after an initial trial period.). The EFB will be a removable object in the cockpit, so it you don't want charts in the VC, you simply do not use them. 

Before anybody asks, we do not have plans to support other chart services or static files from your system. That might change in time but this is a very expensive development we do need some time to have that paid for. The same as with our weather radar that works with ANY weather add-on (or even with standard weather). That's a development that is now available for licensing and will soon be used by some other high end aircraft.

19 hours ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

In real life you don't really see this anyway. The human brain is rather good in compensating for these effects so unless you really want to see them you will rather just not notice.

Do you mean the "thumps" and "bumps" whilst throttling down the runway? I would argue that you do feel these effect in real life.

EzDOK will give you these results pretty good as long as you dont over-use it.

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

If you have seen this topic: 

you might understand why I mentioned an Electronic Flight Bag recently. We now have the license to the LIDO charts so we can insert them into the aircraft we make. Almost all modern cockpits have pushed paper charts to a backup role and we are seriously considering doing the same. The EFB will draw the charts from our servers and just as with the Navigation Database will require a subscription to be updates (and in this case used after an initial trial period.). The EFB will be a removable object in the cockpit, so it you don't want charts in the VC, you simply do not use them. 

Before anybody asks, we do not have plans to support other chart services or static files from your system. That might change in time but this is a very expensive development we do need some time to have that paid for. The same as with our weather radar that works with ANY weather add-on (or even with standard weather). That's a development that is now available for licensing and will soon be used by some other high end aircraft.

Hi Mathijs this is great news,

I understand the EFB is still in planning phases, but are there any plans to implement a takeoff performance calculator in there as well like the FlySmartWithAirbus thingy on the Apple APP store?

Regards

15 minutes ago, layth23 said:

like the FlySmartWithAirbus thingy on the Apple APP store?

Keep in mind that these Apps come from Airbus, are only availabe for airlines and costs a hell of money. ;)

30 minutes ago, mopperle said:

Keep in mind that these Apps come from Airbus, are only availabe for airlines and costs a hell of money. ;)

it's just an example there is something similar to it in the real EFB I'm not saying if they can implement that, but something of their design that can be similar

1 minute ago, layth23 said:

it's just an example there is something similar to it in the real EFB I'm not saying if they can implement that, but something of their design that can be similar

Something similar to Topcat would be amazing :)

1 minute ago, layth23 said:

We are looking at all the things an EFB does (and will do, these things are updated a LOT faster then aircraft). But without the charts it was all useless. Now we got that sorted we can move forwards. The development however is intended for all our aircraft so it will have to be flexible in nature. 

2 minutes ago, Frederik Pedersen said:

Something similar to Topcat would be amazing :)

Okay, I will check what the real  EFB's used by Lufthansa and KLM do in that aspect. It does not sound super complex to be honest (famous last words of any project manager).

I would LOVE to have a TOPCAT type of program for all my airplanes, thats the one thing that bugs me about flying ariliners is not being able to figure out Assum Temps, Derate and accurate V Speed based on Airport, Rwy, Airplane and Conditions.

4 minutes ago, ukplane1 said:

Is the A330 likely to release before the CRJ?

No, the A330 is still deep in development, while the CRJ is already in beta testing.

Wow, I've been off the scene for a couple of months, and when I left, the first screenshot from the AS A330 project had just been released.  I believe it was a small section from the landing gear.       And I pop back and see THIS!   A stunning looking VC :)

Amazing work from the team - Effecient German engineering (with some top notch Dutch project management ;) ), I guess!

Keep up the great work, the hobby is sorely lacking a decent widebody Airbus, so I know this is going to be very popular.

A little off topic but the aircraft registration in the vc pics G-VKSS a Trent powered Virgin A333 has an interesting history, two significant issues both after leaving Orlando. 

Good call on the option to disable the EFB! I always have my charts open on an iPad, sitting right next to my computer. Nice option, however. 

2 hours ago, onlyplanes88 said:

Not saying the A32X is bad on performance but will the A330 be better than it with performance rates?

Depends on your hardware. We believe it will be easier in 3D because Stefan is doing some amazing stuff there. in code it will be without a doubt harder. Making all displays and MCDU separate means there is a lot more code to handle while we got to keep the FBW that runs on a frame by frame base (oh how we would love to do a Boeing...) running. It's a precarious balance. so far it works fine.

But for sure this one will love CPU power. 

10 minutes ago, CRJ900 said:

Good call on the option to disable the EFB! I always have my charts open on an iPad, sitting right next to my computer. Nice option, however. 

But an EFB does a lot more than charts. And for that it needs access to many parameters of FS. As far as we know there is no serious EFB as add-on. That's mainly because without charts it means nothing.

Vor 1 Stunde, Mathijs Kok sagte:

But an EFB does a lot more than charts. And for that it needs access to many parameters of FS. As far as we know there is no serious EFB as add-on. That's mainly because without charts it means nothing.

Agreed. But honestly I'm perfectly ok with the external fuel planner (like with the A32X/31X series) and automatic v-speeds calculation in the MCDU. One can always grab performance tables and speed cards from various sources on the internet if one would like to be more precise/hardcore with the perf. calc. I personally prefer using speed cards and tables for the takeoff calculations in say the CRJ or Dash-8, since it makes you think a bit more about your performance and atually shows you what factors there are to consider for your takeoff run. Nowadays the trend really seems to go towards "feeding computers" and them "spitting out" data...