Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview

Why always asking for liveries (at this stage)? Just look at the "Downloads" section for free and good quality liveries of the existing Airbus. You will find hundreds if not thousands. In my opinion it's not even neccecary to include 1 single livery (maybe the house colors), just a good paint kit. If the plane is good - and I'm sure the A330 will be - there will be dozens of repaints within a few days, certainly including your favourite one. Excluding them from the initial release would save download size as well as maybe time for the painting, right?

1 hour ago, BudSpencer said:

Why always asking for liveries (at this stage)? Just look at the "Downloads" section for free and good quality liveries of the existing Airbus. You will find hundreds if not thousands. In my opinion it's not even neccecary to include 1 single livery (maybe the house colors), just a good paint kit. If the plane is good - and I'm sure the A330 will be - there will be dozens of repaints within a few days, certainly including your favourite one. Excluding them from the initial release would save download size as well as maybe time for the painting, right?

Hey!  Stop making sense!

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Just as in our A320 aircraft we do not model the cabin in detail. It just adds a lot of polygons and textures (and thus VAS) that we much rather spend in the cockpit. And of course we simulate the job of the captain and he has not business in the cabin.

Hi Mathijs, I look forward to your talk this Friday at the Vatsim Uk Live event, will you be mentioning anything about current projects such as the A330 and CRJ? also would it be ok to record this presentation to upload later? 

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Just as in our A320 aircraft we do not model the cabin in detail. It just adds a lot of polygons and textures (and thus VAS) that we much rather spend in the cockpit. And of course we simulate the job of the captain and he has not business in the cabin.

Sigh. The days of the captain's duties including intermingling with his passengers and beautiful women midlfight are now long gone.

11 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

There were no new screenshots last Friday as Stefan is in the process of unwrapping etc. That's something you can't show in screenshots. But this week there will be some more.

With that said, now I can't wait for the Friday photos. Thanks again Aerosoft, cheers!;)

On 21/07/2016 at 5:24 PM, Emanuel Hagen said:

We tried recording a hard landing from the cockpit, but there was no way you could hear it (define hard landing though... you will surely hear a 2000fpm landing, latest when the nosegear comes visiting you through the cockpit floor).
You're just sitting so far upfront and away from the maingear and there are so many other loud noises that you do not really hear the difference between a smooth and a hard landing.

what i mean by this sound and the noise inside the flightdeck upon touching down. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZzwJEogyLg

(fast forward to 17:20)

It's not clear from the video if they've used audio from the flight deck or the passenger seat. The fact that I can hear the reverse thrusters leads me to believe it's audio from the passenger seat.

On 7/25/2016 at 1:08 PM, Emanuel Hagen said:

Certainly not as part of the virtual cockpit.

Good.  Completely unnecessary.  Why people want virtual cabins is beyond me.

vor 35 Minuten, ErichB sagte:

Why people want virtual cabins is beyond me.

Because they can make a CAT III Dual landing, and enjoy the wonderful view. :lol:

Oh, I love this sound. It´s so amazing, but I think there was a question (I think it was my question) if there will be the engine startup sound. The answer was that it won´t be included because you can´t hear it out of the cockpit. But hopefully there will be a little soundpack addon for the A330.

I may be a little late on replying this post, but thanks Mathijs! You have no idea how much it means to me and the many flight simmers dying to get on A330 sectors. That EFB idea though would be so dope!

20 hours ago, ErichB said:

Good.  Completely unnecessary.  Why people want virtual cabins is beyond me.

Beyond you O_O woe not good, not good, let's bring that closer to you. I'm sure the majority of people in this forum are not A330 pilots, and their experience with real A330 sounds are most likely going to be related to the cabin, right? The cabin is where the higher percentage and most beautiful sounds are produced by the A330 meaning there is a good chance that people's favourite sounds not being heard in the flightdeck. So "Why people want virtual cabins is beyond me" is probably because that's all they've experianced, I do hope you are beyond it and it not beyond you now lol happy flying ;-)

Mathijs has answered the "sound" question already many times in this forum (not just in this topic), like here:

Of course there are things that can't be heard in the cockpit. But on the other side there are expectations of the customers to hear certain things as they know them from their own flights in the cabin.

In the A31x/A32x series Aerosoft has therefore created a soundset that satisfies (more or less) all expectations. 

There is no reason to believe that Aerosoft is not going to do the same with the A330.

In my opinion the sound question can therefore be settled for the moment. 

1 hour ago, Andy320 said:

Beyond you O_O woe not good, not good, let's bring that closer to you. I'm sure the majority of people in this forum are not A330 pilots, and their experience with real A330 sounds are most likely going to be related to the cabin, right? The cabin is where the higher percentage and most beautiful sounds are produced by the A330 meaning there is a good chance that people's favourite sounds not being heard in the flightdeck. So "Why people want virtual cabins is beyond me" is probably because that's all they've experianced, I do hope you are beyond it and it not beyond you now lol happy flying ;-)

What do the sounds heard in the cabin have to do with a physical virtual cabin being modelled (what Eric is actually reffering)?

As the question if the cabin will be modeled or not has been already answered, there is no need to follow this up.

Please do no fill this preview topic with unnecessary discussion.

15 hours ago, Daniel Reber said:

Oh, I love this sound. It´s so amazing, but I think there was a question (I think it was my question) if there will be the engine startup sound. The answer was that it won´t be included because you can´t hear it out of the cockpit. But hopefully there will be a little soundpack addon for the A330.

Daniel, before making statements like "the answer was that it won't be included because you can't hear it out of the cockpit" which are misleading and ripping my replies completly out of context I ask you to re-read the post and if you are unsure refrain from posting such comment.

You do hopefully realise that that was a sarcastic answer, just like the post that there will be no engines, etc.

vor 3 Stunden , Emanuel Hagen sagte:

Daniel, before making statements like "the answer was that it won't be included because you can't hear it out of the cockpit" which are misleading and ripping my replies completly out of context I ask you to re-read the post and if you are unsure refrain from posting such comment.

You do hopefully realise that that was a sarcastic answer, just like the post that there will be no engines, etc.

Sorry:(

3 hours ago, Aviator1985 said:

What do the sounds heard in the cabin have to do with a physical virtual cabin being modelled (what Eric is actually reffering)?

The funny thing is I wrote an essay too, please forgive me.

6 hours ago, thumbliner said:

Who does the launch video here?

im hoping rolf fritze....

14 hours ago, thumbliner said:

Who does the launch video here?

Jerdoo, as he does for all out FS/P3d products

On 22. Juli 2016 at 18:11, mopperle sagte:

Haha, the answer for all! Nice one, mopperle...