Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview

Vor 1 Stunde, ShoeAShoeRussia sagte:

Well, for example, Boeing 737-800 PMDG very well optimized! And the A320 would not have said that well

It's not, they could easily win some 300mb VAS in the 777 which can only mean that before it was anything, but optimised.

Robert even stated they could also do this to the NGX, but don't want too since they don't feel it necessary because it would already use less VAS than the 777, while still having this potential.

Their VCs are also anything but optimised. Their drawcalls are a great number higher than other airplanes without having a greater amount of details justifying the higher drawcalls.

Look at their texturefiles next. So many free space their which is all wasted VAS. Now look at Aerosofts A320 or other developers aircraft and you'll see many more textures squezzed into a much smaller space. That's how you optimise an airplane, PMDG got a lot to learn there!

1 hour ago, ShoeAShoeRussia said:

Make light textures

You won't find any lighter textures that are still as good looking as ours. That is for the A320 series, as well as it will be for the A330.

I dare to say we have one of the best balances between texture resolution and VAS usage on the market.

And if you still want higher resolution textures you can at any time download my HD cockpit set (you'll have to accept the increased memory usage if you want higher resolution though):

vor 2 Stunden , Aviator1985 sagte:

Actually it should be on the Scenery designers to sacrifice a little detail for performance and VAS. I mean is this a Flight (as in flying an airplane) Simulator and not Sims 4: Airport Employees. I couldn't care less for 3d grass.... some don't even look too good when viewing from above? Same goes for interiors. Good textures are more than enough. Being able to walk around inside the terminal and go through the gate to reach my cockpit after planning my flight in the office is obviously something I would happily enjoy. But as long as performance and especially VAS is an issue I urge Scenery designers to give more playroom to the aircraft designers. Don't you think independent displays is more important than being able to see the gate agent inside the terminal?? And you should really be more concerned about the correct taxi-route and keeping the plane on the taxiway line, rather than check if the grass is properly mowed. I am not saying that these aren't nice features, but if sacrifices should be made than on the scenery designers end and not the aircraft designers end. Thankfully most developers have option for these kinds of things.

If you directed your questions at the scenery designers, I completely agree. If you directed them at me: Well, as I said: Since my severe VAS problems with EDDF v2, I'm no fan whatsoever of VAS-intensive features anywhere, may it be a plane or an airport add-on. I don't need terminal interiors either. And by the way, EDDF v2 doesn't even have terminal interiors - the reasons why it eats up so much VAS must be elsewhere. But this is getting too off-topic.

In order to return to the A330: I'm relieved that the EFB can be deactivated in the A330 cockpit.

12 hours ago, Tom A320 said:

About all the users asking for a possibility to enable/disable the EFB. This has been already answered some time ago ;) 

Thanks, didn't remember that, but will there be (or is aerosoft considering) an app with that EFB for iPad, etc for people to use the performance features there?

12 hours ago, ShoeAShoeRussia said:

Well, for example, Boeing 737-800 PMDG very well optimized! And the A320 would not have said that well

I can honestly say that per polygon or per bitmap our A320 is more easier on FPS than the PMDG 737. We just done test with the A330 and if you only look at the modeling it is lighter on FPS and VAS then any of our bigger aircraft done to date. 

Gents, let's close the discussion on the EFB here. As soon as we really start this project I'll make a specific topic for it.

There was no friday update... I'm still crying [emoji20]

I think it's better don't have weekly updates since you're more excited waiting the next one and we'll see more progress btw them.

Ivan Gonzalez Lewis using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Daniel Reber said:

When will there be the next sreenshots? And will they show the outside model?

When it is done ;)

Aerosoft team....seriously....the more time you guys take with this plane.....

the more confident I feel that this will be a product of great quality.

Keep up the great work!

There will be one set of textures. Of course we could do several, but we really want to keep the price out of the range other developers charge by now.

There were no new screenshots last Friday as Stefan is in the process of unwrapping etc. That's something you can't show in screenshots. But this week there will be some more.

1 hour ago, Nuno Pinto said:

When you mention expansions, are you considering the other engines (Pratt & Whitney, General Electric) for the -300 or the -200 model with RR engines?

Could we please stop that discussion for now? Thanks. The text you quoted is very clear. Words like might and nothing decided say it all. As soon as there is some news you know it will be posted here by us. 

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

There were no new screenshots last Friday as Stefan is in the process of unwrapping etc. That's something you can't show in screenshots. But this week there will be some more.

Many thanks. Have a nice week, AS guys ;)

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I have only one question, will there be implemented the entire cabin of the plane?

21 minutes ago, ShoeAShoeRussia said:

I have only one question, will there be implemented the entire cabin of the plane?

I believe they will do it as they did with the A320 series...

45 minutes ago, ShoeAShoeRussia said:

Certainly not as part of the virtual cockpit.

1 hour ago, Flightplayer said:

Я считаю, что они будут делать это, как они сделали с серии A320 ...

So everything will be implemented in the cockpit?

13 minutes ago, ShoeAShoeRussia said:

Are you asking for the wardrobe again?

13 minutes ago, ShoeAShoeRussia said:

I thought you said you had just one question. Do you mean per hour? ;)

Just as in our A320 aircraft we do not model the cabin in detail. It just adds a lot of polygons and textures (and thus VAS) that we much rather spend in the cockpit. And of course we simulate the job of the captain and he has not business in the cabin.

what liveries will there be with the a332 and the a333 hopefully you guys make a corsair livery for the a332

3 minutes ago, SMorton said:

what liveries will there be with the a332 and the a333 hopefully you guys make a corsair livery for the a332

No decision of included liveries has been made yet. There is a request topic for liveries where you might add your wish to (if it's not included yet):