Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview

Will there be an option to just completly disable this EFB? I personally think that for me, it would only be using more resources and entering something in the cockpit that doesn't quite belong there, for the A330. I personally use charts on my iPad, as if it was in cockpit, but with an EFB that's in the actual cockpit I believe it wouldn't be as easy to use or natural. If this EFB could be disabled and there was an iPad app that essencially does what that EFB would do (not just charts but the performance stuff and all that), I would be SOLD on it.

48 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

The EFB we are doing is not for the A330. It's for all our (and where possible other) aircraft.  However, we feel it should be visible in the VC because things like fuel planning, checklists, take-off calculations can very well be done on a small screen in the VC like this:

When you want to check a chart you click on the screen and it will be a bigger 2D screen because reading a ILS chart on a small screen is silly.

Oh I see so it's not just for charts?

I think if you guys made this into EFB app for tablets it would deliver a good experience (not saying it would be better I'll reserve that judgement for when/if you release your in flight EFB). 

Oh thanks to you, Aerosoft, that there is a EFB. That´s a next step to a more realistic simulation:)

Will there be an option to just completly disable this EFB? I personally think that for me, it would only be using more resources and entering something in the cockpit that doesn't quite belong there, for the A330. I personally use charts on my iPad, as if it was in cockpit, but with an EFB that's in the actual cockpit I believe it wouldn't be as easy to use or natural. If this EFB could be disabled and there was an iPad app that essencially does what that EFB would do (not just charts but the performance stuff and all that), I would be SOLD on it.

Absolutely agree. But it's immensely thankful to have the EFB not just for charts but for different phases of flight. If there will be that interface for preflight prep, fuel and cargo calculations, balance, etc... will be great. Thanks Aerosoft!!!

Ivan Gonzalez Lewis using Tapatalk

vor 13 Stunden , afonso_am sagte:

I wholeheartedly agree. After the severe VAS problems I got with EDDF v2, I very strongly support the idea of keeping the VAS usage within the A330 as small as possible. I don't even need the independent MCDU displays, but I know that this might be quite an unpopular statement here... :D

6 hours ago, FWAviation said:

I wholeheartedly agree. After the severe VAS problems I got with EDDF v2, I very strongly support the idea of keeping the VAS usage within the A330 as small as possible. I don't even need the independent MCDU displays, but I know that this might be quite an unpopular statement here... :D

Sure it might be unpopular...but i gree with you and afonso_am and ivan lewis..i would love to see the great team of aerosoft to keep for us the option of enable/disable for efb,and separate f/o controls, same as pmdg 777,if possible, for those suffer vas and other graphic impact performance that lead dissatisfaction... other than that i personally im always happy and grateful with aerosoft.

About all the users asking for a possibility to enable/disable the EFB. This has been already answered some time ago ;) 

29 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

About all the users asking for a possibility to enable/disable the EFB. This has been already answered some time ago ;) 

My bad...thanks Tom A320

I understand the hard work and the a330 is looking amazing! 

But do aerosoft have a rough idea for release? 

Many Thanks 

5 minutes ago, FSX FREAKZ said:

27 minutes ago, FSX FREAKZ said:

Please read a few pages back. I've answered this question numerous times over the past few weeks.  You might find some other, very good information, on those pages about the A330.

My very best wishes.

1 hour ago, FSX FREAKZ said:

30 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Please read a few pages back. I've answered this question numerous times over the past few weeks.

And if you don't want to read a few pages back, there is a search box in the top right corner of this page. Just switch it to "This Topic", type in "release" and hit enter.

vor 2 Stunden , FSX FREAKZ sagte:

I understand the hard work and the a330 is looking amazing! 

Many Thanks 

Just for you I logged in to give you a big juicy dislike :diablo_s:

3 minutes ago, ShoeAShoeRussia said:

Whether the product optimized?

Can you be a little bit more specific with your question, please? What is it in detail you are interested in?

1 minute ago, Tom A320 said:

Can you be a little bit more specific with your question, please? What is it in detail you are interested in?

Well, for example, Boeing 737-800 PMDG very well optimized! And the A320 would not have said that well

Again, what precisely do you mean by "optimised". What is it in detail you miss with the A320 series or think is not detailed enough? You really have to come up with examples and not just "some other plane is optimised". That's not an argument at all.

1 minute ago, Tom A320 said:

Again, what precisely do you mean by "optimised". What is it in detail you miss with the A320 series or think is not detailed enough? You really have to come up with examples and not just "some other plane is optimised". That's not an argument at all.

Make light textures

6 minutes ago, ShoeAShoeRussia said:

Make light textures

I believe that the cockpit texturing is finished. So I think It's to late but the A320 family was well optimised in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, ShoeAShoeRussia said:

Make light textures

So you want the jetliner with the lightest VAS footprint to get an even lighter VAS footprint?

As it has been stated many times in this topic (which you are following already for quite some time) AS focuses on a good VAS footprint. Lots of design decisions have been taken in favour of low VAS usage against more features. But as I said, this has been stated already many times and I am surprised that you ask for it. 

What baffles me even more is that you ask for a lightweight model but on the other hand ask for a wardrobe in the cockpit...  

Please do not spam this topic with questions that you know already the answer to or which are in direct opposite to what you have asked just hours before!

11 hours ago, FWAviation said:

Actually it should be on the Scenery designers to sacrifice a little detail for performance and VAS. I mean is this a Flight (as in flying an airplane) Simulator and not Sims 4: Airport Employees. I couldn't care less for 3d grass.... some don't even look too good when viewing from above? Same goes for interiors. Good textures are more than enough. Being able to walk around inside the terminal and go through the gate to reach my cockpit after planning my flight in the office is obviously something I would happily enjoy. But as long as performance and especially VAS is an issue I urge Scenery designers to give more playroom to the aircraft designers. Don't you think independent displays is more important than being able to see the gate agent inside the terminal?? And you should really be more concerned about the correct taxi-route and keeping the plane on the taxiway line, rather than check if the grass is properly mowed. I am not saying that these aren't nice features, but if sacrifices should be made than on the scenery designers end and not the aircraft designers end. Thankfully most developers have option for these kinds of things.

4 hours ago, mopperle said:

This made my day :D