Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview

On 7/20/2016 at 1:07 AM, DaveCT2003 said:

I'm pretty sure it doesn't, unless there is something I'm not aware of.  Please share if you now how.

Last I knew, Aerosoft was considering adding this to the Configurator.

Here is a related post.

Best wishes everyone.

I'm confused then about what you meant. In the configurator you can chose between KG and LBS by a dropdown menu. That way you can load the aircraft using either unit you prefer.

Rui

*edit*

I read the link you posted and understand you mean on the aicraft's MCDU itself. My bad. It's a very legitimate question then.

4 hours ago, sebi777 said:

about the wing flex, the wing will react to the turbulences and flex on the turbulences ?

During turbulent weather, the pilot shouldn't be looking at the wing.

#Realism

All these questions about the wingtips and flex etc. Guys why in hell do you look at your wings while your flying? :lol:

C'mon... The why even bother to model the it?! Or wing-views, for that matter?!

Most of us here are 'desk-pilots', and (I know I am) spend time in wing-views - during all parts of the flight - trying to 're-capture' the experience of a passenger as you remember it. As soon as the auto-pilot is on after take-off, I switch to the wing-view occasionally, to look down on the scenery and clouds passing by. It gives ME a sense of realism... 

14 hours ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

Well, now try it without smashing the camera into the window.

Sure, if you press your face against the window you can even see the wings in a 777-300ER, but that's not exactly the sense of a simulation.

No need to exaggerate just because the feature is (unhappily) not simulated in your product! Parts of the wings can be seen from the cockpit.

3 hours ago, AUA521 said:

All these questions about the wingtips and flex etc. Guys why in hell do you look at your wings while your flying? :lol:

Actually real pilots do. Sometimes they turn on the wing lights on at night during flight to check them for ice, for example, although they don't see the entire wing and the by the book visual check for ice is looking for accumulation on the ice detector pin and windshield wipers :)

6 hours ago, thumbliner said:

During turbulent weather, the pilot shouldn't be looking at the wing.

#Realism

yeah but when you are in exterior view or wing wiew you see the wing flex in the turbulences 

1 hour ago, TAROM said:

No need to exaggerate just because the feature is (unhappily) not simulated in your product! Parts of the wings can be seen from the cockpit.

I'm not exaggerating, I'm just telling you what our advisor pilots tell us and what we base our product on.

1 hour ago, TAROM said:

Actually real pilots do. Sometimes they turn on the wing lights on at night during flight to check them for ice, for example, although they don't see the entire wing and the by the book visual check for ice is looking for accumulation on the ice detector pin and windshield wipers :)

That's rare, very rare. The primary reference are still the temp gauges and the detector pin. Then you have the wipers, etc.
At some point you need to realise that during a software development cycles you have to consider the average customers computer.
Where's the use in a fully simulated aircraft, when nobody can run it?

14 minutes ago, sebi777 said:

yeah but when you are in exterior view or wing wiew you see the wing flex in the turbulences 

As above, at some points you simly have to make cuts to enable the average customers to run the aircraft.
There is no use in a fully simulated product if you get 5 frames with it.

Any info on the EFB on how the charts will be generated? Really like how another dev's 777 EFB works in a way where you manually insert the charts into the EFB folders. Might be tiring but it allows for customization like you only need to insert the charts you need, less space and less clustered

There's lot of places on the net where we can get charts for free in PDF format, will it be possible to use them in the EFB?

4 hours ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

That's rare, very rare. The primary reference are still the temp gauges and the detector pin. Then you have the wipers, etc.
At some point you need to realise that during a software development cycles you have to consider the average customers computer.
Where's the use in a fully simulated aircraft, when nobody can run it?

You can't know that for sure as it's really up to the pilot. Some may prefer to look through the window more often just because, lets say, they love the view..  This would be something useful.

What are we actually discussing here? Tom A320 already said that the wingtips will be visible from the cockpit in the add-on - and as far as I understood it, Emi didn't really deny this. Furthermore, he didn't even state that the A330 won't have wingviews. I suppose that since wingviews are also part of the A320 and since we already saw some wingview preview pics, they will be part of the A330, too. Right, Emi?

23 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Yes, we have done a complete sound recording of all controls in the cockpit already and and external sound set has been bought.

Cool!!! I also forgot to ask if there is a sound for hard landings? Also can we hear some noise while taxiing? :D

11 hours ago, Kihew said:

I read the link you posted and understand you mean on the aicraft's MCDU itself. My bad. It's a very legitimate question then.

Yes sir, it's the weight reference in the aircraft itself that was being asked about.

Thanks so much.

Best wishes!

Hi

What a wonderful team.

I have a question I have not seen asked yet.

Not about technical stuff.  Or release date.  Or effects...etc.  I trust you to have the highest possible standards like we've been accustomed to.

But, rather interested in finding out:

Are you enjoying it? Are you enjoying flying it, testing it, playing with it?

How do you feel when in cold/dark to ready for take off? The joy you get after completing a procedure or a full flight with full success? .

The emotions etc. That I would love to know.

Thanks for your great work, and like everyone else here, can't waite.

Best wishes.

Jead

5 hours ago, AXE4flying said:

You can't know that for sure as it's really up to the pilot. Some may prefer to look through the window more often just because, lets say, they love the view..  This would be something useful.

You are right, what we can and do know though is how airlines SOPs and the manufacturers recommendations handle this and these are clear.

It's simple: No wings will be added to the A320 cockpit.

4 hours ago, FWAviation said:

What are we actually discussing here? Tom A320 already said that the wingtips will be visible from the cockpit in the add-on - and as far as I understood it, Emi didn't really deny this. Furthermore, he didn't even state that the A330 won't have wingviews. I suppose that since wingviews are also part of the A320 and since we already saw some wingview preview pics, they will be part of the A330, too. Right, Emi?

Yep

2 hours ago, francis16 said:

Cool!!! I also forgot to ask if there is a sound for hard landings? Also can we hear some noise while taxiing? :D

We tried recording a hard landing from the cockpit, but there was no way you could hear it (define hard landing though... you will surely hear a 2000fpm landing, latest when the nosegear comes visiting you through the cockpit floor).
You're just sitting so far upfront and away from the maingear and there are so many other loud noises that you do not really hear the difference between a smooth and a hard landing.

29 minutes ago, Jead said:

Hi

What a wonderful team.

I have a question I have not seen asked yet.

Not about technical stuff.  Or release date.  Or effects...etc.  I trust you to have the highest possible standards like we've been accustomed to.

But, rather interested in finding out:

Are you enjoying it? Are you enjoying flying it, testing it, playing with it?

How do you feel when in cold/dark to ready for take off? The joy you get after completing a procedure or a full flight with full success? .

The emotions etc. That I would love to know.

Thanks for your great work, and like everyone else here, can't waite.

Best wishes.

Jead

Now this is actually an interesting question.
You can be sure it is an exciting feeling to step into some completely new code and aircraft that no one else is flying yet (sorry ;)).

On the other hands side there are enough times where you are rather glad no one is flying it yet (anyone who has ever tested software will know what I mean!).

It gets routine rather fast though, let's say after the first 20/30 landings it feels like any other aircraft, just one that needs better monitoring and sometimes corrective actions that you would normally not expect to be necessary in a releaseversion.

Well, it's basically a bit similar to the feeling after a new aircraft addon has been released and you start learning it.

At least to me it is, I'm sure others will think different about it.

Keep in mind I'm pretty much flying betas since like 5 years now, so it's nothing special to me if a system fails, indeed it's rather common. But hey, good training for your piloting skills, isn't it?

6 hours ago, Rordon Gamsey said:

Any info on the EFB on how the charts will be generated? Really like how another dev's 777 EFB works in a way where you manually insert the charts into the EFB folders. 

That is absolutely not how we will handle it. You will be able to access all the LIDO charts, always the latest versions and always fully indexed. They will come from the same servers as we use for our NavDataPro Charts project.

[quote post="765784" timestamp="1469116342" name="Mathijs Kok"

That is absolutely not how we will handle it. You will be able to access all the LIDO charts, always the latest versions and always fully indexed. They will come from the same servers as we use for our NavDataPro Charts project.

Thanks for the info, Mathijs. I'm pretty happy preparing and doing my flights using my iPad app for charts but anyway it's good to know that will be there. Honestly and since this is simulation and not the real airplane, IMHO I think that may be a bit uncomfortable check the charts on the EFB, for example while taxiing. You'd have to check the taxiways at a same time that you keep an eye in the taxi maneuver.

Ivan Gonzalez Lewis using Tapatalk

57 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Some options of which I would 'dream' thinking about an EFB:

- Would it also use the routing from the MCDU to make an quick selection of charts on-the-go

- Would it consist an performance calculator which takes weights and departure/landing details from the MCDU

- Stand-alone program to use on an seperate tablet and both for the A32X & 33X

Oh well, the A330 is already mouth watering. I love what you have done with the A32X and looking forward to the A330!

10 minutes ago, KDD said:

- Would it also use the routing from the MCDU to make an quick selection of charts on-the-go

- Would it consist an performance calculator which takes weights and departure/landing details from the MCDU

- Stand-alone program to use on an seperate tablet and both for the A32X & 33X

Oh well, the A330 is already mouth watering. I love what you have done with the A32X and looking forward to the A330!

High the Technic-Guy again,

As i can say from On-Board EFB's is, that the Route is still entered manually. There is no link but I  have to admit it would an interesting feature for simmers. On the hand you have our reality-freaks with all that (partly) non-sense view-options desires and so on, that this "unreal" feature would cause a heavy sickness in their heads.......god.....i can be mean.....:o

PERF calc is a part of the FE (Flight Envelope) Part of the PFCS and SFCS (Primary/Secondary Flight Control System) in the 330 and the FAC in A320 ( Flight Augmentation Computer)

Questions welcome :)

Greets from HAM/CGN

Hi I have a question regarding the EFB.

I feel like the idea of an EFB in FS is better than the reality. In other words the experience of using it inside the sim doesn't quite match up with the expectations. From what I've seen on other products the resolution of the charts suffers since you are rendering that image on such a small surface so it's hard to really see the finer details of the maps especially en route charts. This also means precious CPU/GPU cycles are being used to render this image which could perhaps be used elsewhere right?

A lot of airlines are now using iPads/Tablets as EFBs which you can replicate quite easily with your own chart software and get a good experience.  

So my question is, why did you decide to attempt it when you have created a really good mobile app that helps view charts?  Do you guys think you can deliver a good experience with your EFB in FS in comparison to your mobile app?

(I am aware your chart app is not an EFB but so far you have only described the EFB as showing charts)

49 minutes ago, KDD said:

Not to hijack this topic too much, but our current NavDataPro Charts app already has that option. You select the three airports (dep-arr-alt) and it will cache all the charts for those airports.

I also like to make clear that we are still not sure if an full blown EFB will be part of the A330.

2 minutes ago, ifitsaboeingitsnotgoing said:

So my question is, why did you decide to attempt it when you have created a really good mobile app that helps view charts?  Do you guys think you can deliver a good experience with your EFB in comparison? 

We already have that! Check out NavDataPro Charts. Right now it is a Windows and iOS app but a web version and Android versions are on the way. And I still think it looks kick ass good!

ndpc.jpg

Sorry I'm not sure if I worded my question correctly.

What was the motive behind creating an EFB for the A330 when you already have mobile apps (as you've shown above) which already deliver a good experience?

The EFB we are doing is not for the A330. It's for all our (and where possible other) aircraft.  However, we feel it should be visible in the VC because things like fuel planning, checklists, take-off calculations can very well be done on a small screen in the VC like this:

2016-07-21_20-48-40.jpg

When you want to check a chart you click on the screen and it will be a bigger 2D screen because reading a ILS chart on a small screen is silly.