Jump to content
Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview

Recommended Posts

Haha, guys u are sooo funny. You've been shown 2 pictures of the wings and already critizise they do not flex enough?

Poor developers. Keep up your good work! Really looking forward to the A330 :)

Share this post


Link to post

Seriously now? Criticism on wingflex few moments after Work In Progress images have been released?

Few points to consider

  • As Stefan mentioned... In the video you are looking at the front of the wing whereas pics are showing the back....
  • You are comparing a real life video to STATIC FSX pictures.... Seriously?
  • Pictures are from a Work In Progress  model.

Come on guys... Let's become reasonable here and thank those guys for the continuous updates on the model!

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, ifitsaboeingitsnotgoing said:

Is there options in the MCDU to enter a route for an alternative airport? I think on Boeing this comes under the RTE-2 page.

Yeah, I can't think of an aircraft with FMC ( or any other ways company calls it, you get the idea) , that does not have this feature.

 

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Rihards said:

Yeah, I can't think of an aircraft with FMC ( or any other ways company calls it, you get the idea) , that does not have this feature.

 

 

You can not compare the Boeing FMS with the Airbus FMS in terms of diversion.
In both you have two flightplans (RTE1 and RTE2 in Boeings, Active and Secondary in the Airbus), but Airbus implemented the diversion into the main flightplan function (and of course the secondary, too!), so all in all you have 4 flightplans in Airbusses.

 

I might be wrong, but I think some work has been done there to enable you to load company routes for the ALTN FPLN.

In the present A320 Family you can also already enter an alternate flightplan, you can just not load it with a CoRoute in the present release.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

 

You can not compare the Boeing FMS with the Airbus FMS in terms of diversion.
In both you have two flightplans (RTE1 and RTE2 in Boeings, Active and Secondary in the Airbus), but Airbus implemented the diversion into the main flightplan function (and of course the secondary, too!), so all in all you have 4 flightplans in Airbusses.

 

I might be wrong, but I think some work has been done there to enable you to load company routes for the ALTN FPLN.

In the present A320 Family you can also already enter an alternate flightplan, you can just not load it with a CoRoute in the present release.

I didn't say that they work the same way, but I just said that they have the feature. :)

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Stefan Hoffmann said:

Remember you have a fully different perspective now here. In the preview images we look rather straight out to the tip and this vid is made pretty far in front of the wing.

But check the upper line / trailing edge part of the wing in the video. You see that the wing behaves rather straight (not straight, but rather straight) til the end of the spoiler section?

Just after that is curving intensivly up. I think every wing type is special there because of the inner structure of the wing. Its just not one single gentle curve like one might think!

yes , i dindn't thik abouth thid détails on the wiew points of the wing and whe are placed about the wing flex

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

I definitely don't mean to be "that guy" or anything, but can you give us a general release date? For example, which of the following applies best?:

  • Before the end of summer
  • Before Halloween
  • Before the new year
  • Sometime next year

Of course, take your time and do it right, I'm super excited for the A330!

Share this post


Link to post

I do want to be that guy, so I will say this:

It will take as long as it needs to take.

 

Think of it from a developer's perspective. If they release a plane too early, they risk facing a large variety of errors, and an exponential amount of complainers who paid for the product that doesn't hold up to the aerosoft standard. I don't know about you but I wouldn't want to be in a situation like this. I suppose a consumer doesn't consider the importance of getting it right as much as the developer does.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, darth_damian_000 said:

I do want to be that guy, so I will say this:

It will take as long as it needs to take.

 

Think of it from a developer's perspective. If they release a plane too early, they risk facing a large variety of errors, and an exponential amount of complainers who paid for the product that doesn't hold up to the aerosoft standard. I don't know about you but I wouldn't want to be in a situation like this. I suppose a consumer doesn't consider the importance of getting it right as much as the developer does.

Of course, I have several Aerosoft products, and they are all amazing quality. I've seen flight sim products that the developers have clearly tried to "rush out the door," and the result is bug after bug. I suppose I won't mind waiting a bit for an amazing simulation of the glorious A330!

Share this post


Link to post

It has already formally been stated that the earliest possible release will be sometime in December 2016.  That is all the information there is.

 

Best wishes.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, dillonh.wy said:

I definitely don't mean to be "that guy" or anything, but can you give us a general release date? For example, which of the following applies best?:

  • Before the end of summer
  • Before Halloween
  • Before the new year
  • Sometime next year

Of course, take your time and do it right, I'm super excited for the A330!

 

If you read closely through what has been said by now you can pick one of your answers yourself ;)

Share this post


Link to post
On 05.07.2016 at 6:20 AM, DaveCT2003 said:

Friends,

 

I was just curious to know why you don't use the actual systems switches in the virtual cockpit?

 

 

 

 

 

This is just a simulation.. In the real life there are two pilots in the cockpit and they have four hands totally while I have only one mouse pointer.  I can't turn off external lights when I was vacating runway.

Share this post


Link to post
42 minutes ago, ckara said:

This is just a simulation.. In the real life there are two pilots in the cockpit and they have four hands

 

Pretty obvious, right?  But in real life the Captain still turns off the lights, even though he's performing the taxi - with one hand down on the tiller as well.

 

38 minutes ago, ckara said:

I have only one mouse pointer.  I can't turn off external lights when I was vacating runway.

 

I suppose many people do use their hat switch (on the joystick so they don't have to take their hand off the controls) to quickly look up and switch the lights off.  If one doesn't have a hat switch, they can use the View Bar to quickly do this. Since the speed on taxi is 20mph or lower, the aircraft doesn't move very far in the two seconds it takes to do this by using the hat switch or the custom views.

 

When airborne, it's even less of an issue to use the hat switch or view bar.

 

A tremendous amount of time was spent making a virtual cockpit for people to use in as realistic manner as possible and it's really not difficult to get used using it.  However, if you'd like to stay with using the keyboard you can always use FSUIPC to create your own custom button binds.

 

My very best wishes,

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

 

If you read closely through what has been said by now you can pick one of your answers yourself ;)

LOL..CHEERS

Share this post


Link to post
On 16.07.2016 at 9:05 PM, DaveCT2003 said:

 

Pretty obvious, right?  But in real life the Captain still turns off the lights, even though he's performing the taxi - with one hand down on the tiller as well.

 

 

I suppose many people do use their hat switch (on the joystick so they don't have to take their hand off the controls) to quickly look up and switch the lights off.  If one doesn't have a hat switch, they can use the View Bar to quickly do this. Since the speed on taxi is 20mph or lower, the aircraft doesn't move very far in the two seconds it takes to do this by using the hat switch or the custom views.

 

When airborne, it's even less of an issue to use the hat switch or view bar.

 

A tremendous amount of time was spent making a virtual cockpit for people to use in as realistic manner as possible and it's really not difficult to get used using it.  However, if you'd like to stay with using the keyboard you can always use FSUIPC to create your own custom button binds.

 

My very best wishes,

 

 

Sir, Using hat switch as you said means that I can't see the runway, or taxiway etc. It may cause running out of the taxiway while I'm turning off the lights.

 

Usually, pilots don't have to look up to turn off landing lights. Because they know exactly where they located but I cant do like they do.. And view bar is not usefull for me..

 

Aerosoft is already very realistic. But developing team may add an option to customers like me.. But if we talk about realism, we should consider right mcdu. Because in real life pilots can't open doors by clicking button on the mcdu.. Actually pilots don't open the doors but the cabin crew.. Please dont take this serious I'm just kidding :)

 

I'll try FSUIPC. Thank you for this advice :)

 

Best wishes..

Share this post


Link to post

Will the view speed in the virtual cockpit when using the hat-switch be sped up at all? For example, in the PMDG I am able to "look" around the cockpit much quicker when using the hat-switch as apposed to the Aerosoft busses which feel as though the movement somewhat lags. Still love the aircraft and can't wait for the 330!

Share this post


Link to post

I believe that has to do with the way the Aerosoft Airbus view system works, and how by default all views other then VC and external in fsx have a slow look time. I believe modifying your fsx.cfg camera.cfg entry solves this. Unfortunately I do not know exactly how, as I use EZDok.

Share this post


Link to post

For some reason I have yet to identify, some people have exceptionally slow pan rates in the AIrbus VC while others have no problem whatsoever.

 

The good news is that you CAN EASILY edit this yourself.

 

1. Before you start, backup the Aircraft.cfg (I name it "Aircraft_original.cfg" and keep it in the aircraft folder).

 

2. Open the Aircraft.cfg file, and go to the "CAMERADEFINITION" section.  The the view you want to speed up, edit the PitchPanRate and HeadingPanRate fields. Normally you'll want to keep these values the same.

 

3. If your pan rate is very slow, you might start by setting the above fields to 80. This works best for me.

 

I hope this is helpful for you.

 

Best wishes.

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
48 minutes ago, francispatt said:

Hi,

I just want to ask what is the max fuel load for this aircraft?

 

here are the specifications from wikipedia:

                                                  A330-200                    A330-200F       A330-300                                                                                                                   

 

Maximum fuel capacity 139,090 L (36,700 US gal) 97,530 L (25,800 US gal) 97,530 L (25,800 US gal)

 

although it would depend on your RAM also, if you have 16GB of RAM you would get full fuel capacity but if you have 8GB you would only get 70 percent of fuel capacity, I believe that this is due to simulator limitations....

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, francispatt said:

Hi,

I just want to ask what is the max fuel load for this aircraft?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=a330+technical+details

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airbus_A330

 

Technical Details.

Sorry but this is definatley something you are able to look up for yourself and (may be not complete) unrelated to this project itself.

 

But anyway:

Fuel Loads aren't as important as the Full Weight. Because Fuel is still handled as weight and not as for example litres. Further the Wing is Primary Structure and indeed more than capable to handle the full Fuel weight.

 

A330-200: the same as 340-200/300 has a 33to CTR Tank, two 33to WING tanks, 2 Outer Tanks 2,8to each, 2 Vent Tanks 800kg each, TRIM THS TANK 4,8to, THS SURGE tank 115 Volume

 

-300: no CTR

 

Vents are not filled.

 

Next time please use the world wide web!

 

Greets from HAM/CGN

Share this post


Link to post

Hi, this A330 is going to be awesome. I can't wait for it. But just a question, once the wing is ready, do you think guys you can add this wing reflex effect? It'll be nice if you could.

Keep up the good work, cheers.

 

 

Oh, and don't worry Mathijs, this photo is mine. 

image.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, bmn_com said:

 

here are the specifications from wikipedia:

                                                                           A330-200 A330-200F A330-300                                                                                                                   

 

Maximum fuel capacity 139,090 L (36,700 US gal) 97,530 L (25,800 US gal) 97,530 L (25,800 US gal)

The question is, are they going to follow these specs?

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...