Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview

56 minutes ago, ShoeAShoeRussia said:

As in the Boeing 737-800 right? Everything is working for himself and not automatically

Ah, you mean the two displays will be fully separate and changing the scale on the pilot's MFD will not change the scale for the Copilot?

13 minutes ago, Bert Laverman said:

Ah, you mean the two displays will be fully separate and changing the scale on the pilot's MFD will not change the scale for the Copilot?

Yes

1 hour ago, ShoeAShoeRussia said:

Yes

1 hour ago, Bert Laverman said:

If I remember correctly, last year this was planned.

All displays are independent. We feel current hardware is good enough to handle the additional load. Of course it means using more VAS but as we are extremely cautious in that aspect we made the decision.

12 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

All displays are independent. We feel current hardware is good enough to handle the additional load. Of course it means using more VAS but as we are extremely cautious in that aspect we made the decision.

is Rolf Fritze going to be doing the voice for the a330? I love his accent/speaking style ..  dropping him as the default voice in the a320 was the worst decision because the new guy sounds too much like David Cameron.

14 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

more VAS

This could cause issues for me and several others... Is it possible to have independent displays as an option? Or would there be technical limitations to that?

3 hours ago, Speedbird ATC said:

This could cause issues for me and several others... Is it possible to have independent displays as an option? Or would there be technical limitations to that?

It will still be below all the competitor aircraft, I do not expect major problems there.

I wanted to know if the A330 will be the shock effect in the cockpit during takeoff and attérissage like the video?
or is the evolution of the A330 please, specifically at what level test team is now? I expected this jewelry with pleasure thank you to the team

The shock effect will not be part of the A330 package. You can buy camera software like EZdok to simulate this for all your aircraft. 

Shock effects are mainly a camera thing as you do not experience this view shifting as a pilot. Shocks depend ofcourse a lot on the runway surface and not all runways are the same. 

The test team is flying the A319 at the moment with all the new FMGC features that are the same for the A320 and A330 family. The A330 3d model is not yet completed. 

Mathijs, can we have 'pop-up' windows please, for example the ND and HSI?

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

The shock effect will not be part of the A330 package. You can buy camera software like EZdok to simulate this for all your aircraft. 

Shock effects are mainly a camera thing as you do not experience this view shifting as a pilot. Shocks depend ofcourse a lot on the runway surface and not all runways are the same. 

The test team is flying the A319 at the moment with all the new FMGC features that are the same for the A320 and A330 family. The A330 3d model is not yet completed. 

What are the new FMGC features?

19 minutes ago, ifitsaboeingitsnotgoing said:

What are the new FMGC features?

Stuff like winds aloft/prediction that was missing in the current AS Airbus series. 

2 hours ago, g7usl said:

Mathijs, can we have 'pop-up' windows please, for example the ND and HSI?

No, not planned. We still believe they offer a highly unrealistic viewpoint (as if you got an eye where your bellybutton is) that does not provide and shading, reflections etc. There will be defined VC viewpoints that more or less take the same role and adding more should be easy for users. 

For one test I had to use semi 2d panels and it only took me a few minutes to make these views using the standard FSX options. And all the panels will always have the correct color, 3d animation, will show the correct head movement etc.  Like out other Airbusses this is not a project intended for cockpit builders. We rather keep the price modest for the vast majority of users.  Besides, with more and more people using widescreen monitors (every simmer should), using correct 3d views become more and more effective.

ManyPanels.jpg

NDPFD.jpg

What are the big differences between the A33X and A32X aircraft from a development point of view? 

Is it mainly the fuel systems which need to be changed or do you need to redevelop a lot of it from scratch? 

(obviously) the models (both, external and cockpit), readjusting the systems to match the fine differences between the types (internally an A330 is a totally different aircraft than an A320, even though they look almost the same to the pilot), developing the new engines and flightmodels (engines are a major part of the development each aircraft!), making the FMGS match the new engine performance data, etc.

Redeveloping from scratch is not so much the point, even though we did it with the Fly By Wire and Autopilot to make them more customisable to the new aircraft (back in the day when the first lines of code were written simply no one thought about an A330), it is more about adjusting the systems to match the A330. That is what creates most work.

And finally there are of course the new features, like wind entry (which means that you have to rewrite the complete calculations!), which require a lot of testing and finetuning.

Thank you for all that information, and good job, I'm looking forward to the use! Team aerosoft

We actually believed the aircraft would be a lot like the A320 because the user interface the pilots use is so similar. That was a rookie mistake I will not make again. It added many months to the schedule. My bad, not that of the developers.

Speaking of the A320, will that get an update to have independent controls for pilot copilot? (as of now what you change in the left seat also affects the right seat, some switches, displays etc..). Also; will it get seemless lighting? like as of now the cockpit lighting is either in an off or on state, no fine tuning adjustments possible, only for ND.

How is the fbw development of the A330 going? will it handle significantly different to the A320?

We do not plan any such change to the A320. 

The FBW will be roughly those of the A320 (we are rather chummed with them) but there are some perfections made here and there. The limiting factor however is the FPS because FBW is calculated on a frame by frame base and it is demanding.

Time for a friday update!

The wings have been prepared for texturing and the skinning for the wingflex effects has been added. Works continue now to the pylons, engines and belly section which are finalized and added to the realtime model into fsx.

Versus the A320 the A330 is truly a giant.

WINGFLEX_TEST_001.png

WINGFLEX_TEST_002.png

hi,

i see a lot of video with 330 wing flex whe i see the wing flex i thik there ar more flex on a larger surface and not the tip

vor 29 Minuten, sebi777 sagte:

hi,

i see a lot of video with 330 wing flex whe i see the wing flex i thik there ar more flex on a larger surface and not the tip

Remember you have a fully different perspective now here. In the preview images we look rather straight out to the tip and this vid is made pretty far in front of the wing.

But check the upper line / trailing edge part of the wing in the video. You see that the wing behaves rather straight (not straight, but rather straight) til the end of the spoiler section?

Just after that is curving intensivly up. I think every wing type is special there because of the inner structure of the wing. Its just not one single gentle curve like one might think!