Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview

vor 17 Minuten, EDDM sagte:

As PA's Airbus A330 project obviously is dead, I cannot see any good native FSX visual model upcoming except probably aerosoft's, but it's even more disappointing to hear that for the time being only the RR variant is planned. So, no A340 series of AS for the reasons given, and maybe no PW or GE variants either. I'm really searching for reasons to buy a product, that is to my opinion incomplete, I'm trying hard, but I cannot find them at the moment. Maybe you can convince me with the final feature list and the next screenshots.

I understand your sentiment very well - but as it has been stated (also in the old topic) several times: the decision for the RR variant is not a final one and we should simply wait which variants they will finally choose for the initial release. As we can read from Mathijs' statements regarding the EFB and the movable copilot's sidestick, things still are very "fluid" and the project team still has to make some decisions, even fundamental ones. We can only wait and pray. ;)

This product is only incomplete in YOUR mind. The only reason you feel it is incomplete is because certain variants may/may not be included. Believe me, I have flown an  "incomplete" A330 on FSX (xobkcalB). Whatever variants end up being included, I have no doubt Aerosoft will live up to the sparkling reputation they enjoy in the Airbus narrow-body field. Why don't you just give it a try when it comes out? Aerosoft could choose to charge an arm and a leg for their airbusses, but they don't. It's a very reasonable price.

Good job aerosoft I really can't wait until you finish this incredible plane. 

Any way I want to ask  specific question about the light system for the cockpit for example the over head so each light button will function  individually not like the a319 when I open one light all of the light will open. 

I hope to get answer

thank you. 

Amazing work gentlemen.  Absolutely amazing.  The skill in creating such detailed 3D modeling and textures shows that you have one of the best development teams in the FS industry.    

11 hours ago, EDDM said:

As PA's Airbus A330 project obviously is dead, I cannot see any good native FSX visual model upcoming except probably aerosoft's, but it's even more disappointing to hear that for the time being only the RR variant is planned. So, no A340 series of AS for the reasons given, and maybe no PW or GE variants either. I'm really searching for reasons to buy a product, that is to my opinion incomplete, I'm trying hard, but I cannot find them at the moment. Maybe you can convince me with the final feature list and the next screenshots.

Ahh well. Then you might not be a customer. I am sure you will find another A330 that will suit your demands.

I do feel people take way too much notice to my statement. I did not exclude anything, I just said what we are working on right now. Perhaps I should in the future only say 'A330' without giving any details. Certainly not my style but the rather silly comments on how this or that engine is far more important than this or that engine simply does not make a lot of sense.

I've commented about this issue on Facebook but I'll do it here anyway. For everyone of you who complain that there's a chance for the A330 to be released with a single engine option available, just think back to what PMDG did with the 777. They launched it with a single engine variant on the least flown type, the LR. It sold buckets. No one complained and then the 300ER launched. With that in mind I find it simply unreasonable that people are saying that "Oh, I'm not going to buy this because only one variant is modelled". If you own the 777 you'd be considered a hypocrite. For all you know Aerosoft may come out with a -200 expansion and different engine types in the future. If you're so concerned about not getting GEs or Pratts in the initial release, too bad, don't buy the product then. Wait until an A330 you fancy come along and get it. Simple as that. Can we please stop the complaining already.

Regards,

Chris

Got to admit looking forward to the a330 but i am gutted that you have not started with the 200 series..

keep up the good work

Regards

16 minutes ago, TroopaKoopa_ said:

I've commented about this issue on Facebook but I'll do it here anyway. For everyone of you who complain that there's a chance for the A330 to be released with a single engine option available, just think back to what PMDG did with the 777. They launched it with a single engine variant on the least flown type, the LR. It sold buckets. No one complained and then the 300ER launched. With that in mind I find it simply unreasonable that people are saying that "Oh, I'm not going to buy this because only one variant is modelled". If you own the 777 you'd be considered a hypocrite. For all you know Aerosoft may come out with a -200 expansion and different engine types in the future. If you're so concerned about not getting GEs or Pratts in the initial release, too bad, don't buy the product then. Wait until an A330 you fancy come along and get it. Simple as that. Can we please stop the complaining already.

Regards,

Chris

+1

Well said!

vor 43 Minuten, TroopaKoopa_ sagte:

Regards,

Chris

While I completely agree with your opinion there's still a bit of a flaw in the logic of your argument. The 777-200LR and -300ER are only offered with one engine option in reality, the GE90-110B1 and GE90-115B, while the A330 has three different ones. That being said, just take a look at the development time of a certain 747 by one well known company, who decided to model all three engine variants. I 'm guessing you and everyone else still want the A330 to be released this year and not 2-3 years later?

I think it's even too early to say what will or will not be included in the initial release of the A330 for anyone who is involved with this project. Let's just end the engine or variant discussion here. 

12 minutes ago, rickm1985 said:

Got to admit looking forward to the a330 but i am gutted that you have not started with the 200 series..

And if we started with the 200 version there would be other people gutted.  It's a recurring issue we'll have with every aircraft release. I have a special folder for these things and let me quote from that:

• We have 185 different requests for versions of the F-16 we did not included (not liveries, but equipement, duo's etc etc)
  • We have 112 different requests for A320 versions (the family) that we did not include (from rough terrain and snow kits to versions where windows are blanked etc)
  • We have 44 different requests for Twin Otter versions that we did not include (different engines, different floats, polar kits, tropic kits etc)
  • For the Huey I do not have complete data but I remember we had dozens as well.

It's a discussion that we can't win, there will always be people who want another version. In my opinion getting a solid A330 is far more important than getting a certain engine type. Same logic as PMDG uses. And adding a different engine is by all means NOT a trivial task as some people suggested. Getting a different visual model, different instruments and a new air file are in fact the easy parts! That's all you need for a B737 for example. But getting the engine performance matched to the flight computers is the real hard part. That takes months and literally thousands of testing hours (and keep in mind that is after you got the flight model completed!).

So sure we could make all versions, all engines. It would just add around 18 months to the schedule. If you are the kind of person who feels this project is incomplete until the version YOU consider absolutely vital (and we are morons not to included it), I suggest you simply wait 18 months after we released the initial version. Good chance it's in there at that time and you will be happy. Solves your problem and it solves my problem. 

And with that I will close this line of discussion. No arguments will change our plans.

18 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Perhaps, but it has serious impacts on FPS and VAS. Always keep in mind this is not a Boeing and that it means there is a whole lot of additional code that needs to run on a frame by frame base. Adding code that is not millisecond critical is easy. 

This has to be a long hauler. I vote for cancelling out all unnecessary stuff (independent displays, copilot joystick, etc.), to protect VAS. Can't have the simulator crashing every third flight. Nothing frustrates me more than flying for 6-7-8 hours, only for the simulator crash on approach. The reloading and stuff just kills the whole immersion. So great going Aerosoft. Not everyone has a monster PC. Please don't forget us.

37 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

And if we started with the 200 version there would be other people gutted.  It's a recurring issue we'll have with every aircraft release. I have a special folder for these things and let me quote from that:

• We have 185 different requests for versions of the F-16 we did not included (not liveries, but equipement, duo's etc etc)
  • We have 112 different requests for A320 versions (the family) that we did not include (from rough terrain and snow kits to versions where windows are blanked etc)
  • We have 44 different requests for Twin Otter versions that we did not include (different engines, different floats, polar kits, tropic kits etc)
  • For the Huey I do not have complete data but I remember we had dozens as well.

It's a discussion that we can't win, there will always be people who want another version. In my opinion getting a solid A330 is far more important than getting a certain engine type. Same logic as PMDG uses. And adding a different engine is by all means NOT a trivial task as some people suggested. Getting a different visual model, different instruments and a new air file are in fact the easy parts! That's all you need for a B737 for example. But getting the engine performance matched to the flight computers is the real hard part. That takes months and literally thousands of testing hours (and keep in mind that is after you got the flight model completed!).

So sure we could make all versions, all engines. It would just add around 18 months to the schedule. If you are the kind of person who feels this project is incomplete until the version YOU consider absolutely vital (and we are morons not to included it), I suggest you simply wait 18 months after we released the initial version. Good chance it's in there at that time and you will be happy. Solves your problem and it solves my problem. 

And with that I will close this line of discussion. No arguments will change our plans.

Briefly mr.mathijs...some guys talk out of point,bothering others,so we shouldn't pay attention to them...because loyal customers will always stand by the aerosoft,and wait for the products,with some positive opinions or negative ones,they're still loyal...but that gentle man,stirred the harmony of the topic with his none sense comments. 

He shouldn't done that...we all know we want.

Pls guys let's get back to topic. 

Thanks

34 minutes ago, Daniel Reber said:

Can we open every door or only the front doors and doors at the back and the cargo doors?

Could you do me a favour and stop asking all these "filler" questions? Take a long look at the A320 series and you will get a pretty good idea of what will be included. Yes the A330 will have some extra stuff but at this moment it is too early to ask for all this. Apart from this your question is very open and will only result in follow up questions. What do you consider a door for instance? Is door 2L a front or back door in your world? Is an avionics hatch a door? (please do not answer those). The A330 is under development and if we have news we will report it.

Thanks

I think the door question is quite valid, since boarding for an A330 is often done at the L2 door instead of the L1 one. Or both, using dual jetbridges.

Please let me repeat Franks last sentence:

33 minutes ago, The Dude said:

The A330 is under development and if we have news we will report it.

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

It's a discussion that we can't win, there will always be people who want another version. In my opinion getting a solid A330 is far more important than getting a certain engine type.

So sure we could make all versions, all engines. It would just add around 18 months to the schedule.

As several have said, don't listen to the negative posters who only seem to like to complain.
I think most current customers, potential future customers, forums users realize that for each future you add, it will not only require extra development time but it will also likely affect

the end price as well as becoming another thing that might cause bugs which will require extra development time (which might affect the end price?) and of course it might also
affect VAS. If one have a "super advanced" airplane add-on  (hypothetically speaking) but cannot use it at all airports (that can handle i.e.) due VAS issued/crashes,

like if you can't fly it from Heathrow to JFK without FSX crashing due VAS issues, then what use do have of that add-on?

As long as we are constrained by 32-bit applications like FSX and P3D, I'd prefer a medium advanced aircraft that is easy on VAS, than a super-advanced aircraft that have a heavy VAS footprint that

is likely too cause problems with VAS in FSX/P3D.  IMO I think you have made a pretty good "avvägning" (don't have a proper English word for it) so far with what functions/features to and not to include (based on your first post).

I’m happy as long as it is an Airbus 330 family member, any variant.

So I am just thankful to Aerosoft for making this beautiful airplane.

Ok, so I am a newbie to this forum and so many would take me lightly or would rather mock me for my guts. But I dont give a damn, coz for me right now the only thing I want is a fully functional A330. Dont care about the minute details coz I am the guy who be like: "get the route from dispatch, start up the plane from cold and dark, program the plane to fly the route and fly,.........period!". So rather than complaining about small stuff like independent joysticks, PFD, ND , diff engines, or whatever, just focus on the big picture........that is we all are getting a A330 that now we can be flying proudly coz she is a beauty!

Thank you,

Swapnil

looking forward to the release.

I believe you guys already answered my question about smart time acceleration but do you guys have any plans to include any feature that will help towards intelligent cruise and pre-flight setup assistance.

for example auto step climb for long haul can be helpful tool to manage between sim life and real life obligations. For pre-flight auto loading aircraft weights and fuel weights can minimize pre flight setup.

thank you

Hello,

This is a stunning quality VC you've got there guys, it's well worth the praises that it's getting. Well done.

Now I'm even more eager to fly it.

An addition of an EFB would be more than welcome for me. It would reduce the Alt+Tabbing a lot, so I'm in favor.

I have one question : Would you consider adding a slight up & down (is bouncing the right word?) movement of the VC, at high speeds while storming down the runway during take off? Nothing too dramatic, but enough to erase the feeling of an unrealistic and perfectly evened runway. I hope I am making sense here. Sorry but English is not my native language.

Kind regards,

Chris.

52 minutes ago, Tsouks said:

Hello,

This is a stunning quality VC you've got there guys, it's well worth the praises that it's getting. Well done.

Now I'm even more eager to fly it.

An addition of an EFB would be more than welcome for me. It would reduce the Alt+Tabbing a lot, so I'm in favor.

I have one question : Would you consider adding a slight up & down (is bouncing the right word?) movement of the VC, at high speeds while storming down the runway during take off? Nothing too dramatic, but enough to erase the feeling of an unrealistic and perfectly evened runway. I hope I am making sense here. Sorry but English is not my native language.

Kind regards,

Chris.

Honestly, I think A2A Accu-Feel or EzDok would be better in providing these effects