Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview

26 minutes ago, CRJ900 said:

Just wait 'til the A2A L-049 comes out. :D 

The problem with a Connie is that it was a bitch to fly with three seriously trained crew. Seriously hard work.

Now we normally rate a very good simpilot who has 50+ hours on type about as efficient as 1/3 of a real flight crew member. That's why we include so many assist system as semi automated checklists and intelligent second officer in our airbus projects. Even with those we have not found one single Youtube video showing somebody flying our busses that would satisfy a check flight. None! And that is on an aircraft that is many times less complex. That's why we invested so much on our connected  flight deck. Flying a modern airliner is a two (high trained) person job.

So A2A has to come up with a system that automates many of the tasks of the crew because I feel a simmer will only be able to handle 25% of all that needs to be done if it will be a high level systems simulation. I got good hopes they will manage to find a fine balance, but thinking a single non trained persons on his own will fly a Connie in a realistic way is simply out of the realm of possibilities. Compromises will have to be made (and I do hope they will include a multi person cockpit because if there ever was one airliner that needs it, this is the one).

Personally I can't wait to fly this one. I love the connie.

Adding to my own post.....

I got a friend who knows the engines on the Connie very well. He is one of the few people in Europe who can service them. After reading the post I just posted he reminded me to the old 'joke' that the Connie was the most reliable 3 engined aircraft that ever flew. Around 5%  (!!) of flights ended with one engine out and more specific 15% of flights ended with at least one engine that was set not to deliver full power because it was not running as it should.

Just look at this:

R3350engineSuperConnie.JPG

There a more moving parts in that single engine than in a complete A380. In fact as many as in TWO A380's.

I got good hopes they will manage to find a fine balance, but thinking a single non trained persons on his own will fly a Connie in a realistic way is simply out of the realm of possibilities. Compromises will have to be made (and I do hope they will include a multi person cockpit because if there ever was one airliner that needs it, this is the one).

I can only repeat what I already said in another thread - fly the Stratocruiser. It's ugly first, but you will learn to love it.. especially those R4360s.

The only downside of it is the fact that it's a little known outsider even within the small community of classic simmers, so many people miss one of the greatest classic addons ever made.

Looking forward to the Connie as well ;-)

On 18 April 2016 at 3:52 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

Somebody on Facebook asked me if all the MCDU will now be separate. Yes they will, we'll use the third MCDU for the 'non-realistic stuff' like loading, connected flight deck, automated checklists, doors/hatches, sound scape, viewing setting etc etc.

Interesting also is that we are now serious considering adding a Electronic Flight Bag for charts etc. Can't say anything more on that at this moment though. But as before we intend to deliver a very complete product. 

PNG.jpg

Out of interest, with the mention that the release of the A330 will coincide with a service pack for the A320 series, is there a chance that the A320 can have dual MCDUs? Especially now we have the lovely CFD function this would be really useful instead of having to reach across from the right hand seat. Of course there isn't a third MCDU for the settings in an A320 but it could be buried in the main menu possibly?

thanks 

Witch range in NM can i expect with the A333?

5 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Now we normally rate a very good simpilot who has 50+ hours on type about as efficient as 1/3 of a real flight crew member. That's why we include so many assist system as semi automated checklists and intelligent second officer in our airbus projects. Even with those we have not found one single Youtube video showing somebody flying our busses that would satisfy a check flight. None! And that is on an aircraft that is many times less complex. That's why we invested so much on our connected  flight deck. Flying a modern airliner is a two (high trained) person job. (...)

I sense an interesting challenge here. Is there a way to have access to airbus checkride pratical standards?

2 hours ago, Lenair said:

I think witches ride broom sticks and not Airbusses. As to their range, not sure to be honest. Probably depends on their weight, the broom's weight, prevailing winds, amount of stored evil energy, etc.

44 minutes ago, gmoneyprs said:

I think witches ride broom sticks and not Airbusses. As to their range, not sure to be honest. Probably depends on their weight, the broom's weight, prevailing winds, amount of stored evil energy, etc.

It also depends if they have wicked-lets or not. E.g. the wicked witches of Eastern and America West have a range of around 666 nm, while MALEVicent can fly non-stop for around 550 nm.

3 hours ago, Lenair said:

It depends on the broom's  (re-read your question to get that) load out, but generally the map at THIS LINK is fairly accurate.

Generally (because it depends on several factors) I think you can safely plan about about 7000 miles (6000 nautical miles).  I'm not sure if the fuel planner has been made yet (many other things to work on), but as time gets closer to delivery I think Mathijs will put out that information. Remember, aircraft can be configured very differently from one to the next, so the Aerosoft Airbus may differ from what you may find from other resources.

Best wishes.

5 hours ago, Rictus said:

Out of interest, with the mention that the release of the A330 will coincide with a service pack for the A320 serie

Just to make it clear and prevent such a statement from getting a life of its own. It was never said that the release of the A330 will coincide with SP4. 

SP4 for the A320 series is planned not long after the release of the A330. 'Not long after' is very flexible like some other company saying 'release is soon' ;)

The feature list of SP4 is not yet in the works but expect a lot of common code with the A330 to find it's way in there. 

7 hours ago, Lenair said:

3 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

It depends on the broom's  (re-read your question to get that) load out, but generally the map at THIS LINK is fairly accurate.

Generally (because it depends on several factors) I think you can safely plan about about 7000 miles (6000 nautical miles).  I'm not sure if the fuel planner has been made yet (many other things to work on),

but as time gets closer to delivery I think Mathijs will put out that information. Remember, aircraft can be configured very differently from one to the next, so the Aerosoft Airbus may differ from what you may find from other resources.

Best wishes.

You can also use Great Circle mapper to get an idea of how far you can fly from a certain airport. Here is 6000nm from Arlanda, Stockholm, Sweden and from Houston, Texas, USA

http://www.gcmap.com/mapui?P=ESSA&R=6000nm%40ESSA&MS=wls&DU=nm&SG=0.80&SU=mach

http://www.gcmap.com/mapui?P=KIAH&R=6000nm%40KIAH &MS=wls&DU=nm&SG=0.80&SU=mach

Use this to find the airport code of ant given airport: http://www.mapping.com/airportcodes.shtml

8 hours ago, The Dude said:

and prevent such a statement from getting a life of its own.

Haha, too common here

8 hours ago, The Dude said:

SP4 for the A320 series is planned not long after the release of the A330. 'Not long after' is very flexible like some other company saying 'release is soon' ;)

It would of been nice to have had a taste of SP4 before the A330 release, I don't think I will fly the A320 family for quite a while after the release of the A330 :ph34r:... Oh well :')

16 minutes ago, Rordon Gamsey said:

I thought SP4 for the A320 family is going to be before the A330, maybe I'm wrong though

It has never been announced like that. Actually all statements about the SP4 here all stated clearly that it will be released after the the A330, to introduce features of the A330 also into the A320s.

On 18.04.2016 at 5:52 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

Somebody on Facebook asked me if all the MCDU will now be separate. Yes they will, we'll use the third MCDU for the 'non-realistic stuff' like loading, connected flight deck, automated checklists, doors/hatches, sound scape, viewing setting etc etc.

Interesting also is that we are now serious considering adding a Electronic Flight Bag for charts etc. Can't say anything more on that at this moment though. But as before we intend to deliver a very complete product. 

PNG.jpg

I dont know if it asked or answered but; will you include key commands feature like in pmdg Ngx and 777?

On 04.07.2016 at 2:18 AM, Speedbird ATC said:

The Aerosoft A320 series already as it. There is a clickspot next to the num pad.

No. What I mean is short cuts such as "CTRL+D" for landing lights etc.

7 minutes ago, ckara said:

THIS^^^^^^^^^

29 minutes ago, ckara said:

Ah, CTRL+L works for the landing lights I believe, but I may be mistaken. It would be nice to have something like holding the tab key down in the pmdg...

Friends,

I was just curious to know why you don't use the actual systems switches in the virtual cockpit?

On 30/06/2016 at 1:01 PM, Stefan Hoffmann said:

when will this be available for preorder...