Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview

Weekly modeling update: Wings have now been modeled and they are so ready for animation tests with WINGFLEX added.

The visible interior of the wing also is very near the original thing featuring the spoiler mounts and also the flap drive axis (the long pipeline like stuff and the bottom of the trailing edge opening).

This transports the mechanical force from the root drive in the belly of the aircraft to the single flap beams, where a special geardrive then adapts the power.

How you can see that is a rather large piece of aviation hardware. Will be surely also a nice thing to walk around it with the Avator in Prepar3D later!

A330_WINGFINAL_001.png

A330_WINGFINAL_002.png

A330_WINGFINAL_003.png

A330_WINGFINAL_004.png

Jaw-dropping detail! Can't wait to see the finished model in the sim!

Someday you should produce a making of video so that we can see step by step what it takes to produce this kind of add-on.

For example showing how you transport the real life parts of the fuselage into a 3D Model or how you collect the necesary data to simulate the gauges.

5 minutes ago, Farlis said:

Someday you should produce a making of video so that we can see step by step what it takes to produce this kind of add-on.

For example showing how you transport the real life parts of the fuselage into a 3D Model.

I'd watch that. I've flown so many planes in FSX even so l have a weak idea of what it takes to build one (appart from feeble attempts at using FS Flight Shop back in the day).

AND WOW, thank you for the updates. When the wings enter the scene, beauty and majesty start manifesting, and this is the case here.

If I imagine the background and the livery it will be unpossible to find out if it is an addon or real, fantastic work @Stefan Hoffmann !!! I am really shocked how good the A330 is so far :o 

1 hour ago, flusi748 said:

If I imagine the background and the livery it will be unpossible to find out if it is an addon or real, fantastic work @Stefan Hoffmann !!! I am really shocked how good the A330 is so far :o 

I honestly think (and am prepared to fight for that conviction) that Stefan is the best aircraft modeler around. We love the way he learns from every project, for example the A330 has more details but less drawcalls because of tricks he learned with the A320 series.  Of course we can use that VAS and those FPS because the systems will be wider than in the A320. In the end it will run just as the current busses and we will not use any more VAS. It's a hard limit for the developers but we feel that it is absolutely vital for the hobby.  

How beautiful is to see our new family member, getting shape. This will make the "maiden" flight more special. Congrats Aerosoft!;)

Waw that's beautiful. I can't wait to buy and fly it. Hope the experience that i'll get is same when fly with a320/a321. So much excited!

Love you Aerosoft :wub:

If you dont mind telling. May i ask what software do you use to model and rendered the aircraft?

4 hours ago, Ustio said:

If you dont mind telling. May i ask what software do you use to model and rendered the aircraft?

3DMax and Photoshop.

14 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I honestly think (and am prepared to fight for that conviction) that Stefan is the best aircraft modeler around. We love the way he learns from every project, for example the A330 has more details but less drawcalls because of tricks he learned with the A320 series.  Of course we can use that VAS and those FPS because the systems will be wider than in the A320. In the end it will run just as the current busses and we will not use any more VAS. It's a hard limit for the developers but we feel that it is absolutely vital for the hobby.  

And you are a true leader Mathijs, never missing an opportunity to appreciate good work of a team mate.

Beautiful piece of work.

Regards

Prayog 

Good morning, 

will the the aircraft views (like wing view, etc.) be equipped with the inside sounds or the outside sounds?

To clarify what I mean: On the AS A320 there are outside sounds on the wing view - on e.g the PMDG 777 there are inside sounds.

How will this be handled inside AS330X?

Inside sounds on the wing view would be more nice I assume! :)

I think this was already answered in the old thread. Inside sounds will not be modeled for the wingviews. 

vor 41 Minuten, The Dude sagte:

I think this was already answered in the old thread. Inside sounds will not be modeled for the wingviews. 

Thanks!

Just a suggestion:

Can you assign the tiller axis to the 3rd prop axis instead of 3rd throttle axis?  Not many are flying 4 engine props in FSX/P3D... DC6 is only in X-plane!  ;)

Just now, vin747 said:

Just a suggestion:

Can you assign the tiller axis to the 3rd prop axis instead of 3rd throttle axis?  Not many are flying 4 engine props in FSX/P3D... DC6 is only in X-plane!  ;)

I'll see if we can make that user selectable, should not be too hard.

vor 7 Stunden , vin747 sagte:

Just a suggestion:

Just wait 'til the A2A L-049 comes out. :D