Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview

Hi all,

Sorry if this has been asked, ( I can't seem to find an answer ) I already own the Airbus Bundle purchased via fspilotshop. Now i understand there is going to be a discount for those already owning that bundle when buying the new one, However will that still apply to me? Considering i did not purchase the bundle directly from Aerosoft? If i did purchase the new bundle from Aerosoft would my current serial number give me that discounted version? 

Thank you. 

4 minutes ago, Mejjo said:

Hi all,

Sorry if this has been asked, ( I can't seem to find an answer ) I already own the Airbus Bundle purchased via fspilotshop. Now i understand there is going to be a discount for those already owning that bundle when buying the new one, However will that still apply to me? Considering i did not purchase the bundle directly from Aerosoft? If i did purchase the new bundle from Aerosoft would my current serial number give me that discounted version? 

Thank you. 

Maybe the serial code that you got when you bought it will be the way of getting the discount. But i'm not very sure. It depends on them.

11 minutes ago, Mejjo said:

The shop where you bought your previous version from will be able to offer the discount to you. 

In regard to your latest question, if you would have bought from AS initially, you will have to enter the serial number during the check out process of the order of the new version. Other shops might handle this differently.

4 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

The shop where you bought your previous version from will be able to offer the discount to you. 

In regard to your latest question, if you would have bought from AS initially, you will have to enter the serial number during the check out process of the order of the new version. Other shops might handle this differently.

Thank you Tom. I just wasn't sure if the other shops will be listing the new Buses for sale. 

As Pro series will support P3Dv4 only
will all "Pro" buses support VC rain effect in the coming P3Dv4.1?

2 minutes ago, amm693 said:

As Pro series will support P3Dv4 only
will all "Pro" buses support VC rain effect in the coming P3Dv4.1?

The Professional version only supporting Prepar3D V4 is ONLY regarding sceneries!

Please have a look at this post from Mathijs.

And rain drops in v4.1 is not confirmed by LM. So no, sofar they are not modeled. But that can change in the future ofcourse. 

44 minutes ago, Frank Docter said:

And rain drops in v4.1 is not confirmed by LM. So no, sofar they are not modeled. But that can change in the future ofcourse. 

They have said that they are working towards vc rain in the future. Link towards the round up of their reddit ama. Lockheed Martin ama

Interesting to call your new A320 "The Professional version" 

Having read the link above it states " For aircraft they basically ARE the same". I suggest calling your version of the Airbus a "Professional version" congers up a full blown top of the range version of this aircraft.

I just find it's odd to label a product that you have stated my time is not targeted at hard core simmer to then label it "Professional version" 

As this is a forum to be clear, it is not meant as a dig or in anyway shape or form in a bad why just simply an observation.

15 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Having read the link above it states " For aircraft they basically ARE the same". I suggest calling your version of the Airbus a "Professional version" congers up a full blown top of the range version of this aircraft.

I just find it's odd to label a product that you have stated my time is not targeted at hard core simmer to then label it "Professional version" 

As this is a forum to be clear, it is not meant as a dig or in anyway shape or form in a bad why just simply an observation.

Having read your post 3 times now, I'm still not sure of what you're asking or what your point is?!

57 minutes ago, phlpeo said:

They have said that they are working towards vc rain in the future. Link towards the round up of their reddit ama. Lockheed Martin ama

Yes, but in the future is the key word here. Not v4.1. Same goes with a three letter Airbus dev. Waiting for v4.1 is not the same as releasing with v4.1 at 10.10. 

18 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

@Mathijs Kok Explained it a few days ago " The 'Professional' in the title indicates that the product is developed for P3d V4 and partly for the professional market (did you know we sold over 75 educational licenses? "

vor 28 Minuten, Nyxx sagte:

A hardcore simmer is a "professional"?

Those dozens of "hardcore" simmers failing on VATSIM/IVAO day by day are surely not professionals.
Profession, as the word implies, includes persons using it in their job. Like flightschools, event centres, universities. I know of at least one flightschool using the Aerosoft Airbus.

You don't need those fancy failure stuff or systems nobody ever sees to be "professional". What is the use of those anyway in "the other Airbus"? You're sitting there simulating single pilot ops. You can't practice a single failure correctly on flightsim. Let's say you have an engine failure. You are the PF. Who will do the PM's job now, aka who will handle the failure? Nobody? Is that "professional"?
If we're on it already: You can't really learn failures on a computer screen anyway, you need the 3D environment of a full blown simulator for that, else there will be close to no use in it.

That flightschool I know of uses connected flight deck to learn the normal ops, MCC/CRM and general management. That's professional use and it doens't need any fancy failure or deeper systems simulation than what is provided already.

1 hour ago, AirbusCG said:

Profession, as the word implies, includes persons using it in their job.

I agree that was my point.  

I really don't think a "professional" pilot could brush up on their skills before a 6 month Level D test on aerosoft version. Hence why I think the "professional" title is a little grand.

1 hour ago, AirbusCG said:

That flightschool I know of uses connected flight deck to learn the normal ops, MCC/CRM and general management. That's professional use and it doens't need any fancy failure or deeper systems simulation than what is provided already.

But in the current working version you cannot even set up WX Captain side and TERR on the FO side. You only get one working side. That's basic SOP. Every Ryanair cockpit I've seen, popped into has that basic setup. Even asked a pilot I know about that. But am not here to judge the A320 just Questioning/asking the use of the Title.

I will repeat it's not a dig or anything, I have just seen it change to the new Title that's all. 

1 hour ago, Griffin78 said:

Explained it a few days ago " The 'Professional' in the title indicates that the product is developed for P3d V4 and partly for the professional market (did you know we sold over 75 educational licenses? "

You must of mist the bit when I said "Having read the link above"