Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview

5 hours ago, thumbliner said:

Guys, how much do the CRJ delay issues affect the A330 project? Are these projects related like in a Gantt chart, or independent? 

Reason for asking... if it is related, I will start praying for the CRJ release just so the A330 happens faster.

Not at all. I am the only link between the two projects.

3 hours ago, Elwan said:

i cant wait for this great work

will we see the depth in dealing with the aircraft from FMC to overhead panel with more active buttons more lighting adjustment more complex and advanced FMC inputs and so on ?
aerosoft a320 family actually is great from exterior and interior shapes but in terms of realistic inside cockpit ... it's not .. the very big number of static buttons and the very direct FMC
so this is my opinion .. the pics looks fantastic and finally my dream will become true by releasing an A330 for FS from aerosoft

Well, we feel the product actually works very well in what we claim it does, allow you to simulate the job of a captain. For us it is all about flight simulation, we do not simulate the training simulators pilots use to train for non standard procedures. The A330 will be very much like the A320 line of products, fully capable of simulating a standard flight accurately for a modest price. 

19 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Pilots simply do NOT hear flaps and maingear. But you are right, if we add that because most customers think they do we might as well add that boink.

Maybe instead of putting inaccurate sounds in the sound set, have them available in a separate folder and anyone who wants them can copy and paste them in. Just a thought.............

Okay, I think we've blown right through the limits on what should and shouldn't be included with the A330.

It's true, some developers have added sounds so that people who have never flown the aircraft would hear things that can't be heard on the flight deck in real life. It took me 4 weeks of serious, devoted effort to create a sound package for the Leonardo Maddog MD-80 that was far more realistic than the one provided with the aircraft (the sound was probably the worst departure from realism for that model, which was hyper-realistic in other areas).  However Aerosoft is creating an Intermediate level simulator thus the sounds need to be as accurate as possible.  Besides, for every person who wants unrealistic sounds we'd have at least one who wanted realistic sounds.  Faced with that the best way forward to is provide realistic sounds.

Now, there is nothing whatsoever stopping someone from creating their own sound set or adding gear sounds to what is heard on the FLIGHT DECK (not sure how it became a Cockpit again... :glider_s:).  The information on how to do this is available online (Google is your friend), and all the sound files are (of course) provided with the aircraft.  There are also A330 sound sets (and other aircraft and other FSX/P3D sounds) available for free on various flight sim websites and there are many Payware aircraft sound packages available.

I sincerely hope this has been helpful.

My very best wishes to everyone, and Happy Flights this weekend!

First of all, the pack that came with the A320 was already great enough. I am sure A330 will be of an even better quality.

Yet, if someone wants more than that, there will always be supplements like Blue Sky Star Simulation and FSFX packages. Asking more from Aerosoft is only going to add more months to release, and an ultimately more expensive base aircraft.

Is there maybe a possibility to get rid of Port forwarding and VPNs (like Hamachi) since it causes so many problems? It would be very helpful as nothing is more disturbing than planning a flight with someone and then not being able to fly it due to connection errors.

But nevertheless, your A330 is going to be one of my favourite widebodys!

3 hours ago, Superbus21 said:

Is there maybe a possibility to get rid of Port forwarding and VPNs (like Hamachi) since it causes so many problems? It would be very helpful as nothing is more disturbing than planning a flight with someone and then not being able to fly it due to connection errors.

Basically not. We still need to make a system to system connection between two systems, but we got a few ideas on that.

Hello,I check everyday this topic for new news i'm very happy to see new photos from this Product i'cant wait to fly this beauty.I have two questions the first one is how is the Cockpit sounds ? I like the cockpit sound from Airbus on parking position,It was very realistic in Airsimmer A320. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pK1sKX0aG7Y

And the second question is can you create a rain drop effect on the cockpit windows ? Because it look's very realistic and nice like these are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37JllYg84Ag

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqVoX6rG16s

Thanks.

We recently done a full sound recording of all switches etc, so I think it is pretty accurate.

No rain, though it is possible, it can half framerates on many machines because transparancies are not very well done in FS.

On 19/05/2016 at 10:45 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

Last bits of the VC inserted, the shades (we decided not to do the side shades as they are the roll up kind and would affect memory and FPS a lot). Stefen is extremel

Ok but in option its possible ?

Like : FMS OPTION > RAIN EFFECT ON/OFF

Last bits of the VC inserted, the shades (we decided not to do the side shades as they are the roll up kind and would affect memory and FPS a lot). Stefen is extremel

If you want to enjoy VC rain effects, buy a GTX 1070 and fire up X-plane!  You'll get VC rain effects plus a whole bunch of other goodies like sloped runways, night lighting, etc. 

Meanwhile, in FSX, we can enjoy the A330 and AES which we will not get in x-plane.. at least not to the same quality. 

46 minutes ago, Nuno Pinto said:

Nobody wants to fly in a simulator just because of VC rain effects. I think it's better to use good addons with performance similar to reality like the ones we can get in FSX and P3D than aircraft built with eye candy in mind and that underperform.

There are study level sims in x-plane too - IXEG 737.. and it has great VC rain effects.. so you get eye candy and realism! anyway, back to topic before Tom gives us both a time out!

I wish we had a norm of presenting ideas, along with the costs (presumably) associated with it.

Example: I would like to see an animated air-hostess walk into the cockpit every hour and offer me virtual coffee. I am ready to pay 10 extra bucks for this feature, and a loss of 25 frames.

On 6/17/2016 at 0:22 PM, mopperle said:

What you hear in the cabin is totally different from what you hear in the cockpit. ;)

And things you hear in the cabin but not in the cockpit will not be modelled.

On 6/17/2016 at 7:58 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

Pilots simply do NOT hear flaps and maingear. But you are right, if we add that because most customers think they do we might as well add that boink.

Well, well, I happened to talk to one of my pilot friend in famous airline (not to cross-verify you Mathijs or Mopperle :), it was casual talk). She flies A321 as a captain.

She confirmed -

-  Very faint humming sound for down coming landing gears in cockpit (so we have it spot-on in A320/21)

-  No gear door opening or closing sound is heard in cockpit

-  No locking sound for main landing gear is heard in cockpit (one heard in cabin)

-  No locking sound is generated for downed nose gear

-  No Announcement done by cabin crew is heard either in cockpit  !!!!!!

Since we are talking about "Simulation" and not what we would like to hear/have (which is not real), its quite clear ! :)

Regards

Prayog

7 hours ago, thumbliner said:

I wish we had a norm of presenting ideas, along with the costs (presumably) associated with it.

Example: I would like to see an animated air-hostess walk into the cockpit every hour and offer me virtual coffee. I am ready to pay 10 extra bucks for this feature, and a loss of 25 frames.

Not everyone one has 25 frames to loose. At some point you have to understand/consider that option.

2 hours ago, Praayog said:

Well, well, I happened to talk to one of my pilot friend in famous airline (not to cross-verify you Mathijs or Mopperle :), it was casual talk). She flies A321 as a captain.

She confirmed -

-  Very faint humming sound for down coming landing gears in cockpit (so we have it spot-on in A320/21)

-  No gear door opening or closing sound is heard in cockpit

-  No locking sound for main landing gear is heard in cockpit (one heard in cabin)

-  No locking sound is generated for downed nose gear

-  No Announcement done by cabin crew is heard either in cockpit  !!!!!!

Since we are talking about "Simulation" and not what we would like to hear/have (which is not real), its quite clear ! :)

Regards

Prayog

Very very interesting, thanks, I wanted to know this!

Rui

1 hour ago, Kihew said:

Very very interesting, thanks, I wanted to know this!

You would almost think AS has some RW A320 and A330 pilots on the team that advise the devs. ;) 

vor 13 Stunden , thumbliner sagte:

I am ready to pay 10 extra bucks for this feature, and a loss of 25 frames.

Well... does that means I have -5 FPS then?

I think I'll get a meltdown in my Computer then:mellow:

Did you date  determined ? 
Because everyone is saying different answers and expires in June thanks for answers 

plane-2.png

6 minutes ago, AlperenG. said:

Did you date  determined ? Because ever one is saying different answers and

I'm not sure where you are getting your information from, but I can tell you that Aerosoft has stated the earliest date for release is December of this year.  Please understand that software development is not like building a house, there are thousands of variables to consider, which includes a lot of them that the Dev team simply can not foresee.  For this reason, the December date is speculative (very well may change).

Best wishes.

Hello AlperenG.

I suggest to read a little bit back in this topic to find the answer. You will find the answer FIRST HAND from Aerosoft. 

21 hours ago, The Dude said:

You would almost think AS has some RW A320 and A330 pilots on the team that advise the devs. ;) 

Also keep in mind it differs per aircraft. The latest versions are remarkable quieter than the older generations. As far as I know airlines can also order more sound insulation as an option.