Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview

Actually such a tool already exists. The MCDU does this for you after you have entered some required information on the PERF page. 

vor 3 Stunden , Tom A320 sagte:

Actually such a tool already exists. The MCDU does this for you after you have entered some required information on the PERF page. 

Ah ok, I have thought about an external tool like Dudley mentioned before. But it’s fine too. ;)

vor 16 Minuten, Dudley sagte:

There is already such a thing, which has been around a good many years now, but it still works.   http://www.avsimrus.com/f/for-pilots-19/popular-calculator-to-calculate-takeoff-parameters-in-from-airbus-type-36340.html

Freeware.

I’ve already known this before but thanks anyway. :)

I wanted to throw in my 2 cents worth. It would be awesome to have a connected flight deck program that helps the user. Instead of using hamachi of course. I mean it seems very simple if you think about it. Yes there will be some lag but most people are having problems with the old 1.31 versions without opening ports on the router and giving out your IP.

In this case you will be happy to learn that the CFD will be completely reworked. 

Instead of a peer to peer connection with all its connection problems it gets a client/server architecture with zero ip/port/firewall configuration at all. 

It is also planned to allow a third person joining in as sort of trainer/supervisor. 

5 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

It is also planned to allow a third person joining in as sort of trainer/supervisor. 

Or simulate a virtual Jump Seat driver :lol:

Quite interesting and a great idea!

9 hours ago, Tom A320 said:

In this case you will be happy to learn that the CFD will be completely reworked. 

Instead of a peer to peer connection with all its connection problems it gets a client/server architecture with zero ip/port/firewall configuration at all. 

Thanks Tom. That sounds like a great idea. :)

19 hours ago, Tom A320 said:

Out of curiosity, how far away is this concept. Is it in the process of being reworked? Can we expect it to be released with the busses, or after. Is this still something that needs a lot of work or will be released shortly after the busses. 

Also, will the CFD be implemented in the CRJ as well. And will it be free?

3 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Out of curiosity, how far away is this concept. Is it in the process of being reworked?

It will be part of the 2018 Edition. 

3 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Also, will the CFD be implemented in the CRJ as well. 

It is planned to be implemented into the CRJ as well, but no time frame is given for that yet.

14 hours ago, commandantyuuki said:

Did they finally put a release date ? I am trying to search it...

tanks

No. It's expected before the end of the year, but not guaranteed.

Small friday update: All work in progress still, but its slowly looking like an A31x! Images taken in Prepar3D V4....

Btw: Windows may not use the full dynamic range of 0-255, but only 16-255 which eats a lot of depths and lets look the image a bit strange. Check the image on the end to tune your windows to full dynamic range....

Screenshots_NEWVC_20170929_001.png

Screenshots_NEWVC_20170929_002.png

Screenshots_NEWVC_20170929_003.png

Screenshots_NEWVC_20170929_004.png

windows_dynamicRange.jpg

Looks pretty spot on! Has work on the A32x overhead already been started? Can't wait to see the new implemented systems.

Looks fantastic!

I'm getting back into flightsim after a long break, and having a lot of fun with the Airbus. It just seems to make sense to me :) 

5 hours ago, Stefan Hoffmann said:

Small friday update: All work in progress still, but its slowly looking like an A31x! Images taken in Prepar3D V4....

Btw: Windows may not use the full dynamic range of 0-255, but only 16-255 which eats a lot of depths and lets look the image a bit strange. Check the image on the end to tune your windows to full dynamic range....

[...]

Thank you for the Friday update! Looking good!

37 minutes ago, Irizar said:

There will be EXPED button feature simulated or it stills unactive?

Since most real Airbusses do not have it we won't simulate it either.

(Before you start showing pictures now: Indeed the button is still installed in many FCU's, however the function is deactivated.)

As i was looking , your new project has highly detailed textures and thats awesome , but there's some negative points on new airbus, like the 2d bolts on panel on your previous project bolts were made 3d but now as i saw in photos they're 2d, the question is WHY!?

a320-a321 (12).jpg

Screenshots_NEWVC_20170922_003.png.114884d4ea67aa6c6acdbc348423c83e.png

A quick Google search will reveal tons of pedestal images with slightly other form factors. Not every ever build A320 looks alike. 

...or simply saving some (hundreds of) polygons which have to be computed by cpu/gpu ?

vor 2 Stunden , data63 sagte:

...or simply saving some (hundreds of) polygons which have to be computed by cpu/gpu ?

Right. You did hit the jackpot. The questions of EP-IJB show that he not thought about the opposite of the coin: What costs all those small things?

In a pure still rendering which not costs realtime computation effort you can go for the last small details. But when there are 30, 50, 70 Frames to do per second in realistic looking graphics you exist in tight constraints, not to forget the demands for environment, airports, photo scenery, aircraft systems and on. And those you cannot easily calculate as other developers work on them with more or less technical know how.

So we realtime 3d guys are constantly (at least should be) on the lookout for techniques, were we dont loose too much visual details but can ease on computational needs. The simulated aircraft get also continually complexer and with higher resoluted displays etc... All this take a certain amount of time per unit to render. And even smaller percentages of higher demand per frame can significantly down the frames per second.

And i guess the simmer likes to have eyecandy, and will get it with the new busses, but at the same time wants the same frames per second at more system complexity or even better: MORE FRAMES. And it not looks bad for that even! So before any judgement done wait til you see the outcome of this! We are in moving pictures, not still photography....

Since moving to P3Dv4 when it came out a few months ago I miss my Buses. Can't wait until they come out again.