Jump to content
Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview

Recommended Posts

Thats certainly the trend among aircraft manufacturers where the principles of the systems are the same. If you fly Boeing, the systems will be relativly the same, with slight differences in automation, or perhaps the placement of a certain button/dial.  Airbus the same logic with hydraulic line color, MCP , fuel systems etc.  

The panel categories are still in the same place even. 

The only big differences I see as Dtatt mentioned is size relative to size of aircraft and the primary I would think would be the different handling characteristics and power ratings. Type ratings must rely heavily on that, as systems wise its just general principles that carry on thru. 

Big disclaimer is im not a RL pilot, just my observation thru 30 years simming, reading FCOMs, and working with different aircraft at the airport on the ramp. 

As a simmer though, it should be quite easy to transition. Just read thru the QW 787 preview manual, and skimmed thru it, because generally its all the same concepts as the 777 and to a lesser extent the 73X albeit with differences in complete automation between the 2. 

Should be fun months and years ahead of flying these great aircraft!  

Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/09/2017 at 12:08 PM, Emanuel Hagen said:

 

Greetings,

 

this is not planned at the moment, sorry. Our reference aircraft did not have one and to be honest we do not really see the need for one. The A330 is not an A320 which you turn around in half an hour which might require brakefans (even then, there are A320s which don't have them!). Even some airlines who do some really quick turnarounds with the A330 (like Lufthansa on their Africa trips) do not have them.

If you don't slam into your brakes as if there is no tomorrow you won't really need brake fans. Use your brakes with caution and you won't have many problems.

 

For this reason alone, I will not be purchasing this product.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Alan Partridge said:

 

For this reason alone, I will not be purchasing this product.

Nobody is forcing you to buy the product and imo it's a little silly for such a minute feature would stop you from getting the product. If you were a real A3xx pilot would you refuse your flight simply cause your company didn't opt for the break fans option? 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Alan Partridge said:

 

For this reason alone, I will not be purchasing this product.

I'm imagining you reading that out in Alan Partridge's voice. Because that's something that Partridge would get so trivial about.

Share this post


Link to post

I can't live without breakfans either. Because I need those to swing left and right in the air. Similar to a bow thruster. Great for hitting the runway right in the middle. Definitely a dealbreaker :-)

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/9/2017 at 1:11 PM, Emanuel Hagen said:

 

As far as I am aware the MCDU keyboard interface will remain the same compared to the present A320 series.
So no CTRL+Shift+number

 

The present MCDU uses only Ctrl+number for LSK selection.

 

Thank you very much for the reply. Good luck with the Airbus and wish the team a successful launch.

Share this post


Link to post

Greetings, I've been following this topic from the beginning. I am aware that questions about release dates are not very welcome. However, I'll dare to ask how the progress of the A320 is going on - as we have haven't heard larger news for a little while. I'm really looking forward for the tremendous update. :)

Share this post


Link to post

The AS A320 2018 series is a brand new product, not an update. Just to be clear on that. The lack of info at the moment is because there is not a lot of new stuff to show for. A few posts back Stefan gave a small update from his side. The systems are also progressing nicely but we are not there yet. The beta testers will have access to a new rev soon. At the moment we do not have access to the V4 version so we are looking forward to that milestone as testers.  

Share this post


Link to post

Not mentioned...the upgrade pricing for the whole series AS A318-A321?

I assume the new version will have 2k interior (panel) textures?

 

Suggestion if you cannot correct the A320-A321 model, how about improved antenna support since most versions have more than one including freeware (should not destroy existing repaints).

 

Just wanted to know, Darryl 

Share this post


Link to post
vor 3 Stunden , The Dude sagte:

The AS A320 2018 series is a brand new product, not an update. Just to be clear on that. The lack of info at the moment is because there is not a lot of new stuff to show for. A few posts back Stefan gave a small update from his side. The systems are also progressing nicely but we are not there yet. The beta testers will have access to a new rev soon. At the moment we do not have access to the V4 version so we are looking forward to that milestone as testers.  

 

The longer it takes the more I wish Aerosoft would have made a simple port over of the old Busses first... It is pretty anoying of not having any bus to fly at all... :-/

Share this post


Link to post
44 minutes ago, Airmax said:

 

The longer it takes the more I wish Aerosoft would have made a simple port over of the old Busses first... It is pretty anoying of not having any bus to fly at all... :-/

 

Yeah, I have times when I have the exact same thoughts, but you know... I'm sure once I experience the newly updated A320 Series that I'm be happy they (we) waited!  But I really do understand, and it's really a testament to how terrific the Airbus is!

 

Best wishes.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Airmax said:

 

The longer it takes the more I wish Aerosoft would have made a simple port over of the old Busses first... It is pretty anoying of not having any bus to fly at all... :-/

Indeed, i love the T7, but i get some tired flying long and medium hauls.  Need the AS Busses ti fly short legs.

 

Share this post


Link to post

I wish they'd just done a straight port aswell tbh, Im stuck flying the B744 around everywhere and it isn't that fun having to do long hauls everywhere tbh haha ;-) 

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, GBNLL said:

I wish they'd just done a straight port aswell tbh, Im stuck flying the B744 around everywhere and it isn't that fun having to do long hauls everywhere tbh haha ;-) 

I know so many people are frustrated by the extended wait for the upgraded Buses, I'm also frustrated, but at the end of the day we fly in a simulated world why not just think up a scenario where airlines would have to use larger aircraft to fly short haul flights, you never know you might enjoy it.  

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah, I've been kinda wishing the same thing lately. I really do miss the A320/321 busses. The only thing I keep saying to myself is, if AS did a quick port to keep us happy, would I even bother getting the new bus when it came out? At least this way, I know I'll be buying the new bus.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, nealmac said:

... The only thing I keep saying to myself is, if AS did a quick port to keep us happy, would I even bother getting the new bus when it came out? At least this way, I know I'll be buying the new bus.

 

That's the key of all the reasons we are all still waiting for the busses: it's more money for Aerosoft. It's a business decision. It's securing extra money even if you bought the last version. I personally have all the versions of the bus, since Aerosoft released their first A320, many years ago. It's a business like any other.  They need to pay their staff apart from other things and grow. Like any other company.

Although the wait is long for me as well, I understand their reasoning.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Tom A320 said:

You are not the only ones desperately waiting for the new buses to arrive ;) 

There's something comforting in knowing that the staff are having to suffer as well :lol:

 

Sorry Tom :P

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, Vee One said:

 

That's the key of all the reasons we are all still waiting for the busses: it's more money for Aerosoft. It's a business decision. It's securing extra money even if you bought the last version. I personally have all the versions of the bus, since Aerosoft released their first A320, many years ago. It's a business like any other.  They need to pay their staff apart from other things and grow. Like any other company.

Although the wait is long for me as well, I understand their reasoning.

Yep, that's correct. Can't fault them for that.

Share this post


Link to post

When it comes to software development you always have a release plan.

When it comes to sales you are at Aerosoft.

 

Over.

Share this post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, Vee One said:

It's a business decision.

 

Plus one more thing Mathijs also already mentioned in this topic: all relevant parts have been completely redeveloped, of course already with 64 bit in mind. Nothing of the work that would had to be done for bringing the current bus series (1.31) to P3Dv4 could have been used for the new bus series, as all changes would have needed to be done in obsolete parts of the code. Therefore it would have been double work with no returns at all.

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/18/2017 at 1:04 PM, Hightower said:

Thats certainly the trend among aircraft manufacturers where the principles of the systems are the same. If you fly Boeing, the systems will be relativly the same, with slight differences in automation, or perhaps the placement of a certain button/dial.  Airbus the same logic with hydraulic line color, MCP , fuel systems etc.  

The panel categories are still in the same place even. 

The only big differences I see as Dtatt mentioned is size relative to size of aircraft and the primary I would think would be the different handling characteristics and power ratings. Type ratings must rely heavily on that, as systems wise its just general principles that carry on thru. 

Big disclaimer is im not a RL pilot, just my observation thru 30 years simming, reading FCOMs, and working with different aircraft at the airport on the ramp. 

As a simmer though, it should be quite easy to transition. Just read thru the QW 787 preview manual, and skimmed thru it, because generally its all the same concepts as the 777 and to a lesser extent the 73X albeit with differences in complete automation between the 2. 

Should be fun months and years ahead of flying these great aircraft!  

Cheers

I kind of disagree with you on the 737. I first bought the pmdg 777 and then bought the pmdg747 V3 and found the transition to be very easy which is why I decided to buy the 737 NG, but when I jumped in the cockpit I realized it's 10x more complicated than it's brothers and I still haven't done a full flight in it. The thing I love about airbus is that it's very easy to transition from the 320 to the 330 to the 340... 

That's why I think this product will be a huge success.

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...