Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview

20 minutes ago, __Max__ said:

If somebody doesn't like your post, he can down-vote it - whatever the reason is.

I was merely wondering, since my original post was neither derogatory, angry or otherwise offensive in any way... Typically there's reason for people's actions - but in this case... well... I wondered what the reason was. 

I know that, thank you. Of course that there isn't any validation - and why would there be?! 

4 hours ago, Anders Bermann said:

I was merely wondering, since my original post was neither derogatory, angry or otherwise offensive in any way... Typically there's reason for people's actions - but in this case... well... I wondered what the reason was. 

I know that, thank you. Of course that there isn't any validation - and why would there be?! 

Anders,

maybe - and it's pure speculation on my part, 'cos it wasn't me downvoting you - it was because you took it upon yourself to write a reply that in this person's opinion really should be coming from either Aerosoft staff or one of their moderators (and as you could see, moderator Tom A320 also replied just as quickly as you did!).

/JB

Less debating with irrelevant things, and just get this plane released in "2017" thanks...

On 8/18/2017 at 10:24 AM, Bunn said:

So ... when will the A330 be released?

I'm guessing as soon as it completes, which no one knows.. they call it "work in progress". Meaning they are working on it. 

A Thought:

I was wondering how this would look or if it would be possible. Wouldn't it be nice if we had a smoking and light fire effect when the brakes are held for too long? Currently we see wheels turning red in a particular a/c; but I would love to see some dark smoke and maybe a bit of fire like effect. It would really add to the experience. Currently, I don't believe there's any developer out there who has simulate this.  

Just a thought... not sure if its possible (at least the smoke part).

But anyway, "small" things like these will have folks more engaged due to the immersion. (I know I would purposely now and then apply those brakes to see the effect). 

8 minutes ago, Johnny767 said:

I was wondering how this would look or if it would be possible. Wouldn't it be nice if we had a smoking and light fire effect when the brakes are held for too long? Currently we see wheels turning red in a particular a/c; but I would love to see some dark smoke and maybe a bit of fire like effect. It would really add to the experience. Currently, I don't believe there's any developer out there who has simulate this.  

There are...  we did it with the Majestic Dash 8 Q400 Pro (I can't remember if we did it with the Pilot version), and there are a few others though I can't remember who they are.

That said, the Aerosoft Airbuses are designed to simulate normal operations, and critical brake temps would not fall into this category.

Best wishes.

2 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

There are...  we did it with the Majestic Dash 8 Q400 Pro (I can't remember if we did it with the Pilot version), and there are a few others though I can't remember who they are.

That said, the Aerosoft Airbuses are designed to simulate normal operations, and critical brake temps would not fall into this category.

Best wishes.

Hi Dave.. I understand simulating normal pilot operations; I  was/am thinking it would be a really nice addition to Aerosoft aircraft.. something like adding the sneezing sounds, or the coffee cups. Any way, just a thought that would be very welcome by simmers.

Great day! 

4 hours ago, Jan Broe said:

Anders,

maybe - and it's pure speculation on my part, 'cos it wasn't me downvoting you - it was because you took it upon yourself to write a reply that in this person's opinion really should be coming from either Aerosoft staff or one of their moderators (and as you could see, moderator Tom A320 also replied just as quickly as you did!).

/JB

So what you're effectively saying is, that because I'm not a moderator or Aerosoft employee, I'm not entitled to provide general information as to why developers as a rule, doesn't give out release dates or provide projectional knowledge regarding upcoming projects?!

Wow - that's really saying something... :blink:

2 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Actually, they do very much. You will get high brake temps almost always when vacating the runway on the first possible exit or when landing on a short runway on a hot summer day.

We do model the brake tempratures rather detailled. Run a search in our old Airbus preview thread from 2014 and you will find an extensive answer by Mathijs on this topic and how detailled our brake temprature simultion is.

At this moment there is just no visual animation based on the tempratures.

I do not think in the real Airbus you would actually see glowing wheels when it's turning hot. At least not until flames are coming out of it ;)

1 hour ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

Actually, they do very much.

Though he was talking about visually...

Plus, if we model high brake temps in the sim, and I agree they can be normal, then we ought to model the brake fan!  LOL

Forgive me but I have tried so hard to look through this very long forum topic for this answer....I mean, it is over 200 pages long ;-)....and yes I tried searching it as well but only got vague responses.

Is the A330 actually confirmed to be released with more than one engine type or is it still just a consideration for future updates?

Thanks,

Kris Seguin 

4 hours ago, Kristopher said:

Forgive me but I have tried so hard to look through this very long forum topic for this answer....I mean, it is over 200 pages long ;-)....and yes I tried searching it as well but only got vague responses.

Is the A330 actually confirmed to be released with more than one engine type or is it still just a consideration for future updates?

Thanks,

Kris Seguin 

I believe as far as I remember it is going to be just one engine type. I believe its the RR one. I am not sure if they will consider to expand to other engine types later on.

12 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Plus, if we model high brake temps in the sim, and I agree they can be normal, then we ought to model the brake fan!  LOL

Well.... we do? ;)
Since the A320/A321 from 2014 already!

Brakes have always been very strong in our simulations. We even decided many years ago what material of brake disks we would simulate (there are several options) and we decided to go with the type that works best when it is very very hot. One of the many things only a real pilot might notice.

3 hours ago, oussama757 said:

i miss stephan update :unsure:

Me too, but I am of the impression that most of the modelling and texturing is done so there is perhaps not much for him to show at thus point?
Like with the CRJ, I am sure that we will get allot of goodie pics from Holgi once release is getting close(r).

is there any option to see the drop rain on the cockpit?, I am sorry if this question has been answered already but I did not find anything about it 

2 minutes ago, russo said:

is there any option to see the drop rain on the cockpit?, I am sorry if this question has been answered already but I did not find anything about it 

Forum search feature, upper right corner of this page, enter "rain", keep "This topic", press Enter, scroll a little bit down...

6 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

he's on a short vacation.

Really....you let him go on vacation!!!

Maybe mathijs you can have a go at the update? I have P3Dv4 and only have the Twin Otter, which does not like long haul at all...So, hanging out for the A330 and the A318-321 series will do..to a point. 

7 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

he's on a short vacation.

You sent him on vacation?! :huh:

(Crouching, while ducking for cover!)

I'm keeping p3d v3 around on a separate drive just so I can fly my 'busses, but its a stretch after getting used to v4. Godspeed o developers!

1 hour ago, Shambles said:

Is there any chance of this feature to be implement in the airbuses?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brake_to_Vacate

Well, since it's a feature which (according to your link) is planned, and not yet implemented - and certainly not on the airframes, we're talking about in this topic - how do you imagine, that Aerosoft would model it?