Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Indeed, it's something more visible for passengers then for the crew (braking distance is only very slightly affected and I have never seen ANY add-on aircraft that has really realistic braking, the sim simply does not support it), but yes, we will have that. We seriously try to simulate the latest software versions (as used by Lufthansa etc) wherever possible.  Do note that the sharklet models do not have this as far as we know.

Nice! 

Btw last month when I flew with a Lufthansa a320 with sharklets, and the ailerons went up after touchdown.

I found this video that confirmed my memories

I definitely noticed the software changes in my recent trip on BA to LHR about a month ago; granted, I didn't know they were on the sharklet models, too!

Hi,

I have a question regarding the 32x series: with the new enhancements, will the transmission keys/ PA key on the audio control panel will be individually selectable? I know it's just eye-candy stuff, but still, it would be a nice feature.

Thanks

3 hours ago, TAROM said:

Hi,

I have a question regarding the 32x series: with the new enhancements, will the transmission keys/ PA key on the audio control panel will be individually selectable? I know it's just eye-candy stuff, but still, it would be a nice feature.

Thanks

And what would you like them to actually do? Keep in mind that click spots are by far the most demanding things in a VC, that's why we try to use a few as possible.

Vor 1 Stunde, FL380 sagte:

Even old aircrafts have this feature with the ailerons. They just update the systems or software.

Yes. I think BA and Swiss have pretty new ELAC software. Keep in mind, updating the ELAC software costs hundreds of thousands of dollars per aircraft for only very minor changes! If you have a fleet of nearly 100 A320's then the choice isn't as simple as it might seem to some people. 

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

And what would you like them to actually do? Keep in mind that click spots are by far the most demanding things in a VC, that's why we try to use a few as possible.

Allow me to professionally select the communication channels (when I talk alone in front of the PC :D) . It wouldn't be the only dummy switch on the panel.  I understand your argument, though ...

Vor 1 Stunde, Mathijs Kok sagte:

Keep in mind that click spots are by far the most demanding things in a VC, that's why we try to use a few as possible.

Well, how do other developers make pretty much everything klickable (every single switch, lever, and all abnormall stuff) and animated with better performance than default aircraft? Majestic Software comes to mind here. Even PMDG 747's has tremendous performence in the VC for it's size and detail. I think in the year of 2017 clickspots should be of very little concern for developers. 

Any chance of getting rid of that guy who keeps sneezing with the updated airbusses. 

2 minutes ago, Marty47 said:

Any chance of getting rid of that guy who keeps sneezing with the updated airbusses. 

Sure ;)

1 hour ago, CRJ900 said:

Well, how do other developers make pretty much everything klickable (every single switch, lever, and all abnormall stuff) and animated with better performance than default aircraft? Majestic Software comes to mind here. Even PMDG 747's has tremendous performence in the VC for it's size and detail. I think in the year of 2017 clickspots should be of very little concern for developers. 

PMDG also know how much performance is sucked up by click spots, they just decide to do things different, for example they tend to do less polygons and more texturing.  We feel that that does not bring the best possible looks. If you feel we do things wrong and that we clearly do not understand what we are talking about I suggest you do not buy our products. 

And if you get better performance with the PMDG then with a default aircraft you have got a very amazing machine! I believe if I speak for everybody ans say we would like to buy a machine like that. I however think you are exaggerating. 

1 hour ago, CRJ900 said:

Which add-on aircrafts have better performance than default aircraft? I find this very hard to believe. 

Vor 1 Stunde, CaribbeanCLANK sagte:

Which add-on aircrafts have better performance than default aircraft? I find this very hard to believe. 

I'd say Majestic's Q400 performs better or on par with default aircraft, while having full systems (pretty much everything you could think of, except the control disconnects, which will be implemented in the training version). Is it the most visually pleasing and well textured addon aircraft? Surely not, but it finds nice ballance.

Vor 1 Stunde, Mathijs Kok sagte:

PMDG also know how much performance is sucked up by click spots, they just decide to do things different, for example they tend to do less polygons and more texturing.  We feel that that does not bring the best possible looks. If you feel we do things wrong and that we clearly do not understand what we are talking about I suggest you do not buy our products. 

And if you get better performance with the PMDG then with a default aircraft you have got a very amazing machine! I believe if I speak for everybody ans say we would like to buy a machine like that. I however think you are exaggerating. 

I did not say I have better performance with PMDG aircraft than default ones, sorry if it came across that way. My reference was aimed at the above stated model. Regarding the "looks" I'd say their latest 747 is pretty good and looks better than anything else I've seen so far, all the knobs and switches are very detailed (high enough polygons I'd assume) and even the CRT screens are curved. However I'd agree that the texturing and the animations in their 737 and 777 are pretty horrible in some parts of the VC. To each their own I guess. No Aerosoft product I've seen comes even close to that. Does this mean I hate Aerosoft procuts, think they are absolute shit and won't buy them ever? NO, absolutely not. I really love AS products and will continue to support them, as they fit in a certain niche and definitely look very good for what the are (especially the latest ones) and take a different approach at the simulations of an airliner than most other developers. My posts in this and similar threads should be a clear indicative of that. You should be able to take some constructive criticism as a developer and always aim to push the bar of what is thought to be possible further, without writing things off just because "this [insert item] is the way we do it and always have and anything else is impossible". ;) 

Hello 

When is the release date for update a318-a321 to p3d v4 ???

Waiting for an answer

Thanks ;)

6 minutes ago, itaylevi16 said:

Please refer to this post:

And this one:

12 minutes ago, itaylevi16 said:

Hello 

Waiting for an answer

Thanks ;)

Welcome to the forums, friend.

Aerosoft (and my other developers for that matter) doesn't give release dates, since development is a fluent process and it can be extremely tricky to tell when something's finished.

I could probably give a date, but it would be setting yourself up for disappointment.

Monitor this forums for the most current news.

EDIT: @Tom A320 beat me to it... 

Im happy, that the release will be in 2017, thank you Aerosoft! :grouprespect_s:

vor 3 Minuten, __Max__ sagte:

Im happy, that the release will be in 2017, thank you Aerosoft!

You are right, instead of alway asking when the release is going to be we should be happy about that what we know, release in 2017 :)

On 8/25/2017 at 6:32 AM, Anders Bermann said:

Welcome to the forums, friend.

Aerosoft (and my other developers for that matter) doesn't give release dates, since development is a fluent process and it can be extremely tricky to tell when something's finished.

I could probably give a date, but it would be setting yourself up for disappointment.

Monitor this forums for the most current news.

EDIT: @Tom A320 beat me to it... 

Come on, people! Why did I get down-voted for that post?! How is that post in any way offensive or bad? 

Sometimes I feel people in here are using the voting buttons as revenge, vendetta or just through plain random action...

Remember - with great power, becomes great responsibility!

vor 2 Stunden , Anders Bermann sagte:

Come on, people! Why did I get down-voted for that post?! How is that post in any way offensive or bad? 

Sometimes I feel people in here are using the voting buttons as revenge, vendetta or just through plain random action...

Remember - with great power, becomes great responsibility!

If somebody doesn't like your post, he can down-vote it - whatever the reason is.

To be perfectly honest and no offence to anyone who does or does not use it I hardly ever, if at all (memory problems due to pain meds that affect the brain), use the up/down voting system.  A question or a statement is valid to that person irrespective of whoever may think otherwise.   I always say the only stupid question is the one you never ask.  Meanwhile, the Mods are here to sort the trolls and do a pretty good job too.  Anyway, let's talk virtual planes and what a wonderful job Aerosoft do.  Finally, for those having a Bank Holiday weekend I hope you really enjoy it.