Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview

On 8/20/2017 at 0:24 PM, tecnogamer19 said:

Hi,

Will we be able to switch the 'Retractable light' switches separately in the A31x/A32x 2018 version??? 

No one ever complained about a runway being too bright ;)

Hi Mathijs, is there going to be another Tuesday update?

I have a question: What are the differences going to be (when it comes to the functionalities of the aircraft) between the FSX and P3D v4 versions?

Thanks

Almost all code is updated meaning that is is all more 'in depth'. The MCDU is without a doubt the most complete ever done for a Airbus in our sims. The complete VC is also overhauled to suit modern hardware better. All in all there are literally thousands of changes. That's why we call this a new product.

Thanks for the reply Mathijs, but I meant the differences between the new FSX version and the new P3D v4 version... In one of your posts you said that the P3D v4 version would have some extra functionalities compared to the FSX version

Thanks

I think the P3D v4 specific features have to do with the extra functionalities. For example dymanic lighting is only possible in P3D v4...

Any chance we can get an update on the ramp crew's voice for the pushback? This guy sounds like he hates his job.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just realized that it's probably a realistic representation of rampies

Are we next to the release? Is it still going to be this year? Can I save money to still buy this year?

Tks,

From Brazil, 

Victor

8 minutes ago, tingalekatin said:

Are we next to the release? Is it still going to be this year? Can I save money to still buy this year?

Victor,

Welcome to the Aerosoft community!

No.  Maybe.  I'm not entirely sure, but I hope so!  

You'll find more information in the preceding forum pages.

Best wishes!

Hey, will the "aileron anti-droop" function be added to the new a31x/32x? It would be nice!

This function is only present in newer SEC/ELAC software versions for the A320 family. Some have it, some don't. It all depends on what AS have as a reference. This would in effect also mean that you'd have to change the rollout distance and braking behaviour for those aircraft, since there's a difference IRL. And to be fair, as a pilot you wouldn't even notice that during landing. 

2 minutes ago, CRJ900 said:

This function is only present in newer SEC/ELAC software versions for the A320 family. Some have it, some don't. It all depends on what AS have as a reference. This would in effect also mean that you'd have to change the rollout distance and braking behaviour for those aircraft, since there's a difference IRL. And to be fair, as a pilot you wouldn't even notice that during landing. 

I think that all a31x/32x have this function because it comes with the last software update. BUT I'm not sure so I'm not gonna insist.

Hello together,

I'm following this thread for quite a long time, but I think my upcoming question has not been answered completely.

I know, that the 2018 A320 has a lot of new files and extended systems. As you said, it is a rather new product (which I think is good to take the Airbusses to higher levels in case of realism and system depth). But are the basic systems coming from the "old" Airbus or are they completely redone? Target of my question is, if we can "expect" the Airbus 2018 version to basically run without bigger problems at release date or if you were able to take the basic stability of the older bus' code and extend them to the new Bus?

Please do not misunderstand me, there is no sarcasm in my question, but the Airbus A320 extended was fighting many bigger bugs at release which took many many hotfixes to run stable as of now. I just want to prepare my self, which stability we can expect when the bus is finally released. And yes, I know this is a hard question or can't be answered properly. Thanks in advance for a quick statement and keep up your great work! :)

Best wishes

Julian

Let me answer this question: at the moment there is a team of RL pilots testing the new systems as sort of alpha or early beta tests. At some point in time these tests will be largely extended by a whole bunch of beta testers. 

This will not lead to a 100% test coverage (I think only in space flight you have software in place with close to 100% test coverage) but it will bring the software to a point that it can be released.

That is by the way the reason why it is so difficult to give release dates, as you never know in advance what kind of problems might show up during beta testing. Development is one thing, getting a software tested and stable is something else.

Companies who announce release dates early and keep them do so by accepting a certain amount of known bugs (of different severity) in the product. 

Aerosoft does it differently, no release dates are given, but sort of rough estimates, which will be shifted if necessary.

Unfortunately not all customers understand this and read it as a sort of weakness or inability to do software development. But everyone who follows the preview topics here knows, that Aerosoft (i.e. Mathijs) communicates quite openly during the entire process.

57 minutes ago, Meyerflyer said:

Please do not misunderstand me, there is no sarcasm in my question, but the Airbus A320 extended was fighting many bigger bugs at release which took many many hotfixes to run stable as of now. I just want to prepare my self, which stability we can expect when the bus is finally released. And yes, I know this is a hard question or can't be answered properly. Thanks in advance for a quick statement and keep up your great work! :)

It's hard to say. But looking back at our bug tracker and the project management tool I do not see anything that indicates the Busses were more buggy than other releases. Half the changes between 1.00 and the current versions were actually changes done to customers wishes and many others to suit other software. Sure there were bugs and issues but I think we handled those fast. 

We should not underestimate how different these new products will be however. We have been testing for the last 4 months and we are slowly getting rid of open issues. And all the time Stefan is redoing the VC to a standard I simply have  not seen before. Right now we only have the factory fresh one without grime or even dust, but I think it shows the quality very well. because the forum software flattens the images and resizes them I will add the image as a zip. Only way to show the small details. Do see them at pixel size, the image is full screen 3440x1440. 

VC.zip

13 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

It's hard to say. But looking back at our bug tracker and the project management tool I do not see anything that indicates the Busses were more buggy than other releases. Half the changes between 1.00 and the current versions were actually changes done to customers wishes and many others to suit other software. Sure there were bugs and issues but I think we handled those fast. 

We should not underestimate how different these new products will be however. We have been testing for the last 4 months and we are slowly getting rid of open issues. And all the time Stefan is redoing the VC to a standard I simply have  not seen before. Right now we only have the factory fresh one without grime or even dust, but I think it shows the quality very well. because the forum software flattens the images and resizes them I will add the image as a zip. Only way to show the small details. Do see them at pixel size, the image is full screen 3440x1440. 

VC.zip

that image looks so awesome mathijs can't wait to fly em when you release em, hope you take em to xplane 11 some time in the future cheers and keep up the good work good day.

vor 2 Stunden , fedear sagte:

I think that all a31x/32x have this function because it comes with the last software update. BUT I'm not sure so I'm not gonna insist.

That's what I was saying. But not all operators opt for updating the software. There are stil plenty of busses flying around with older software. 

1 hour ago, Meyerflyer said:

I, too, wonder about this. I should hope it doesn't turn out like the release of the CRJ, where we have to wait even longer until all the bugs, CTDs, etc to be fixed before it's flyable again. Those VC textures look incredible! I hope to see them in my sim by the end of the year!

2 hours ago, CRJ900 said:

Indeed, it's something more visible for passengers then for the crew (braking distance is only very slightly affected and I have never seen ANY add-on aircraft that has really realistic braking, the sim simply does not support it), but yes, we will have that. We seriously try to simulate the latest software versions (as used by Lufthansa etc) wherever possible.  Do note that the sharklet models do not have this as far as we know.