Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview

vor 3 Stunden , Mathew_ sagte:

:(  Sadly there is probably not going to be a Aerosoft A350 or A380 anytime soon after the A330.

Somebody else is making a study level A380 for P3Dv4 and Xplane11. ;) 

13 minutes ago, CRJ900 said:

Somebody else is making a study level A380 for P3Dv4 and Xplane11. ;) 

We've been hearing that for the last 10 years!

And again and this time final: that line of discussion goes into the above linked topic. This is the preview topic for the current AS Airbus line.

I´m happy about reading the new posts in my topic, so post over there;)

16 hours ago, nikita1234 said:

Out of curiosity, every Friday there seems to be an update on the project. Are we going to get them every Friday until the release date?

You will notice that the Friday updates are all visual improvements and advancements. I would imagine as the release date gets closer, all the visual stuff would be long since completed, and it would be more about fixing bugs and stuff like that.

Are we gonna have air conditioning unit for park positions ? In A320 ı gotta use APU for air conditioning but PMDG aircraft have that unit. You all know there is restrictions for APU usage. So when ı use it, ı do not feel comfortable.

Our A320 has the external power unit and that is mainly used for the aircon on the ground. 

Hello,

I'd like to know if in the A320 2018 edition will be possible to undock 2d efis & ecam in order to set up a cheap home cockpit

Thanks in advance for your assistance

On 8/15/2017 at 11:25 AM, klisura said:

Hello,

I'd like to know if in the A320 2018 edition will be possible to undock 2d efis & ecam in order to set up a cheap home cockpit

Thanks in advance for your assistance

While I  am a big proponent of the undockable PFD, ND and EFIS/ECAM pages the decision has already made that they will not be undockable in the A320/A330 Series. 

For everyone:  There have already been severe conversations about undockable panels in the A320/A330 and Aerosoft has heard all the possible statements in favor of doing this and afterwards made the decision not to implement this feature. As such I need to ask that we not open this discussion up yet again.

Best wishes.

1 minute ago, DaveCT2003 said:

While I  am a big proponent of the undockable PFD, ND and EFIS/ECAM pages the decision has already made that they will not be undockable in the A320/A330 Series. 

For everyone:  There have already been severe conversations about undockable panels in the A320/A320 already, and Aerosoft has heard all the possible statements in favor of doing this and afterwards made the decision not to implement this feature, As such I need to ask that we not open this discussion up yet again.

Best wishes.

Thank you for the info

Can we get some inside scoop with the whole CPDLC thing that's coming on VATSIM? I know you guys are a part of the whole deal and prepping your planes for such, so I'm curious to see what the current status is.

To be honest, I do not know but will find out. We do have some of the functionality already working in the current systems though.

It was said that you have not planned to release a airbus neo edition I think it is a mistake not to integrate it to the version a320 2018 that took you more time to development? I'm ready to wait longer if it has to. Or do you think you will make a cheap extension quickly?

I'm sorry to disappoint you but no Neo is planned, there are many reasons, from the fact that there are not a lot flying to the faxct it is currently not possible to get some of the data profiles we need.

And what we are doing is far from a cheap extension, lol, believe me, having 4 people work on a project for several months is rather costly.

I see that you renamed the A330 preview topic in order to include also the A320 "remake". Why so, since Tom A320 or anyone of the other moderators said that a separate topic was planned for the A320? I ask because I find it quite confusing that this topic contains both projects now (I know that much of the code used for the A320 will find its place in the A330 as well, but still...) instead of news and comments regarding solely the A330.

Or do you do this in order to bring this topic to 350+ pages, now that the old record-breaking CRJ preview topic is closed? ;)

It made more sense to combine the discussion as we see it very much as one base product that splits into three packages.
When we get close to release I will start new ones.

4 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

It made more sense to combine the discussion as we see it very much as one base product that splits into three packages.
When we get close to release I will start new ones.

i got super excited when i couldnt find the a330 haha   oh well.     i sold one of my laco watches to afford all these new goodies! so im excited now either way!! 

1 minute ago, Bunn said:

So ... when will the A330 be released?

Have a look here:

On 13/08/2017 at 7:17 PM, Emanuel Hagen said:

Since FS does not simulate windshear there is nothing the system could warn you for.

FSUIPC too?

On 8/16/2017 at 7:59 PM, johnadmans said:

I still don't have a plane to fly in the new sim.

Actually, windshear and even predictive windshear modeling is possible.  It' been possible since at least FS9, but it's not controlled by the flight sim software per se.  It's very complex, eats frames at the worst possible point (departure/approach, when a lot of scenery is being run) and to really do it right you'd have to tie it to a weather engine.

The Fly the Maddog MD-80 had a working Predictive Windshear and I was always both surprised and impressed at how terrific it worked.  Then again, the guys who made that aircraft were professional computer programmers and they did things back in FS9 which still haven't been done or in some cases are just being done in FSX or P3D.  Mathijs knows, he was part of the original team there!

Today we can find windshear and windshear audible warnings in Active Sky and likely in some new upcoming weather products (don't ask, I can't say anything more).  It's sort of the same thing you'd want as a pilot, and the primary indication is the audible alert and that is what is going to dictate your actions.

Now, even though it's POSSIBLE, what it takes to do this is likely far beyond the price point charged for these aircraft. 

Best wishes.

1 hour ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Actually, windshear and even predictive windshear modeling is possible.  It' been possible since at least FS9, but it's not controlled by the flight sim software per se.  It's very complex, eats frames at the worst possible point (departure/approach, when a lot of scenery is being run) and to really do it right you'd have to tie it to a weather engine.

The Fly the Maddog MD-80 had a working Predictive Windshear and I was always both surprised and impressed at how terrific it worked.  Then again, the guys who made that aircraft were professional computer programmers and they did things back in FS9 which still haven't been done or in some cases are just being done in FSX or P3D.  Mathijs knows, he was part of the original team there!

Today we can find windshear and windshear audible warnings in Active Sky and likely in some new upcoming weather products (don't ask, I can't say anything more).  It's sort of the same thing you'd want as a pilot, and the primary indication is the audible alert and that is what is going to dictate your actions.

Now, even though it's POSSIBLE, what it takes to do this is likely far beyond the price point charged for these aircraft. 

Best wishes.

I'm amazed at the things that can be done (if you know how, of course). I was amazed at what PSS did with the Airbus series and Boeing 777 for  FS 2002 and 2004.. being able to program way points and  auto-land those aircraft, was amazing. This, considering how far back this started. Today, technology  and skills have improved tremendously  and greater things can be achieved. But, as you mentioned, Dave, it also comes with a price.