Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview

For me the sound is a very important element in an add-on and it takes us a little more in the realisme

I would argue that sound is actually the most important part of the addon. When I got the blueskystar sounds for the a320, it was like a new product for a while. I cannot stress how much sound can make or break a product.

Vor 1 Stunde, Virgin America Captain sagte:

I would argue that sound is actually the most important part of the addon. When I got the blueskystar sounds for the a320, it was like a new product for a while. I cannot stress how much sound can make or break a product.

At the first time I've flown with this soundpack I was still standing at the Gate for nearly 10 minutes switching the Ext. Power on an off, best Sound :D:D:D

lg

Julien :P

Thanks for the hint! So, according to Winfried Diekmann, it is planned to finish the 3D works by the end of September - but that depends on the military service of one of the three developers. If everything goes well, the A330 shall be completed in December. I know very well that there are a lot of "if"s, but the A330 sure would be a great Christmas present. ;) And what is also interesting is that Aerosoft will have talks with Airbus soon, also about the chances of developing the A380 or the A350 (which seems to be Diekmann's preferred model).

Do you expect on A330 Aerosoft that we'll see wings and engines from inside the cockpit ? Does not exist in A319/320/321 Aerosoft.

vor 1 hour , rogerball41 sagte:

Do you expect on A330 Aerosoft that we'll see wings and engines from inside the cockpit ? Does not exist in A319/320/321 Aerosoft.

That would be really cool :D

On 6/11/2016 at 0:01 PM, Egbert Drenth said:

Honestly........ Do you really think that you will notice this when sitting in the cockpit during landing? :wacko:

If you've ever flown on a plane before, you know that when you touchdown you can feel the shocks compressing and settling under you. You don't just smash into the ground. Obviously you won't feel anything in the sim, but in the cockpit when you touchdown you would be able to see the aircraft fall onto the shocks. Almost every aircraft made for FSX (especially the A320) feel like bricks hitting the ground. They all feel like there aren't any shocks. Even when going to the outside view to watch a landing the shocks only compress the tiniest little bit (if at all). It's not the biggest deal in the world if we don't get this, but it would be really nice to be able to have working shocks that actually absorb impact like the real world. 

AS A330, QW787, golden times for simmers ahead. (Oh and the FSLabs A320, which I think will feature extensive systems simulation but the cockpit looks a little dated). Aerosoft bus cockpits look supreme.

53 minutes ago, Blinx said:

AS A330, QW787, golden times for simmers ahead. (Oh and the FSLabs A320, which I think will feature extensive systems simulation but the cockpit looks a little dated). Aerosoft bus cockpits look supreme.

The visuals overall look really dated. The one thing it has over the AS 318-321 is the external model. It has a far higher poly count, but that's it as far as visuals go.

Aerosoft will not appreciate us talking about competition, but let me add that when ever I point out the dated visuals to fans of the FSLabs bus, I get sworn at, called a fanboy, and told that the visuals are superior to Aerosofts...

Lot of comments here about the Trent howl and 330 sounds.. let me also chip in.. this is what I referred to as the "sexy sound" of widebodies a few pages back.. If you listen to the PMDG 777 from the rear of the aircraft, the sounds are truly majestic.. you can feel the power of the GE90s.. at least 60-70% of that power should be felt for the Trent 700.. we know what Boeing widebodies sound like in FSX, but for airbus, this is the first ever serious widebody in FSX.. (i'm ignoring the other trivial attempts by other devs). So, hope they get the sound right.. whatever sound Aerosoft/TSS produces, it will become the benchmark for future airbus widebodies.. just like I hold the Aerosoft A320 cockpit as the gold standard for all airbus cockpits.. for e.g. other airbus devs have not modeled the click sound when i move the throttle thru the various notches and that bugs me becoz i'm so used to that in Aerosoft A320!  :D

5 hours ago, Blinx said:

I'm actually pondering whether I should buy the AS 330, QW 787 in FSX or in DTG Flightsim.. I've already invested too much in FSX over the years, but when the new DTG sim hits the market this year end, we need airports and aircraft from 3rd party devs.. the new sim cannot grow unless consumers start buying addons in the new sim.. which begs the question - How easy/hard is it for Aerosoft to package their current A330 as a 64-bit product for the DTG sim? After the flightsimcon, has there been any internal talks in Aerosoft on feasibility of migrating existing aircraft/airports to 64-bit platform?

vor 10 Stunden , vin747 sagte:

I'm actually pondering whether I should buy the AS 330, QW 787 in FSX or in DTG Flightsim.. I've already invested too much in FSX over the years, but when the new DTG sim hits the market this year end, we need airports and aircraft from 3rd party devs.. the new sim cannot grow unless consumers start buying addons in the new sim.. which begs the question - How easy/hard is it for Aerosoft to package their current A330 as a 64-bit product for the DTG sim? After the flightsimcon, has there been any internal talks in Aerosoft on feasibility of migrating existing aircraft/airports to 64-bit platform?

I think the new DTG sim will not succeed, if FSX products are not compatible. I also don't expect it to be better than FSX. For me, FSX works fine, and if I wan't to upgrade to a sim with more performance, it will definitely be Prepar3D. In my opinion during the last months Prepar3D has won the competition to be the successor of FSX. Prepar3D will be the future for those who want to leave FSX. It already seems to have a lot of users!

Guys, can we stick to the A330 Preview topic here, please?

If you want to discuss other sims, platforms and stuff you are more than welcome to open your own topic for it.

I recognize that as one of many, I'm excited and I'm looking forward soon to fly this plane awaited for the moment we can only wait and thank the team Aerosoft, to be manufacturing it A330 add-on. 

And remember, is a gold time for simmers.

7 hours ago, Tom A320 said:

Guys, can we stick to the A330 Preview topic here, please?

If you want to discuss other sims, platforms and stuff you are more than welcome to open your own topic for it.

Tom, is this like your hobby, or a full time job? Every time the discussion deviates from the topic, I know I will see your post soon. :clapping_s:

59 minutes ago, thumbliner said:

Tom, is this like your hobby, or a full time job? Every time the discussion deviates from the topic, I know I will see your post soon. 

I'd be happy to answer that for Tom.

There are a handful of Aerosoft Moderators, and they are people who have been involved in flight simulation for a great many years. They have usually have a professional background in computing and often have worked with many different Flight Sim developers and Flight Sim projects over the years and they were asked to help both Aerosoft and Aerosoft customers.  When they weigh in on something, they almost always do so lightly or privately in order to keep the Aerosoft forums running smoothly and staying on track while also working hard to ensure that we maintain a family / friendly place for flight simulation enthusiasts to come for help or just to talk.  Their efforts have strengthened the sense of community we have here at Aerosoft.

If any Moderator, especially Tom, Otto or Frank asks for anything, I would urge people to give them the benefit of the doubt and defer to their knowledge and experience.

Aerosoft asks that our community defer to and support the Moderators, and try not to challenge them or do anything to make their jobs harder than what it already is.  After all, these are the very people who spend many long hours supporting the community here.

Tom, my thanks to you sir for the OUTSTANDING JOB you've been doing, especially these past two months!

Now, please, as Tom asked, back on topic (including me!).

Hello thumbliner,

just to add to Dave's post: this is a preview topic. Like all other such topics it is used by Aerosoft to showcase upcoming releases and it is for customers to ask questions about the release. It is not open for general discussion. They can be posted everywhere else in the forums, but just not in the preview topics.

The moderators (or deputies how AS calls us) make sure this rule (as one of the very few rules over the entire forum) will be followed.

And to answer your question directly: this is my hobby. I have a full time job somewhere else ;) 

Please accept that this is the final post in this line of discussion. Again, we are in a preview topic...

I know with all the Hardware i got i am Part of a minority.

but one of the most Important things to me is beeing able to switch Radio frequencies and squawk via spadnext/saitek radio panel.

so my suggestion is, and i know the minority problem, is there also planned to test this? I would love to have an Airbus Long Range in my fleet. actually only on pmdg 737 NGX because it is the only Aircraft where all my Hardware is 100% working.

if you Need a Tester dont hesitate to ask me.

I'd like to know how the A330 is performing compared to the A320 Extended in terms of FPS....I know its a bigger aircraft and most probably heavy but I hope for the best.