Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview

10 hours ago, Frank Docter said:

New and improved VC textures,  new systems modeling, new MCDU features like ETP and constant Mach. Probably also the new CFD sort of like Majestic does it. FBW tuning etc. 

Soon there will be a seperate preview topic for the A318-321. 

On the new airbus family it will be possible to open pfd displays and overhead on a separate monitor ?

There could well be a P3D issue with a pop-up PFD. PMDG ran into enough utterly random issues that they finally had to disable it. Here's their explanation and the link to the whole thread:

"P3D Captain PFD pop-up CTD protection has been added to all three product lines.  Since we have been unsuccessful in our efforts to convince Lockheed Martin to evaluate this CTD seriously, we have locked out the ability to use the CA's PFD as a pop-up display, but we included an option in the PMDG Options menu within the FMS that allows the user to Opt-In to having this popup work.  (NOTE:  This particular CTD, for those who do not know, affects a small percentage of users who use the CA PFD as a popup, but the CTD doesn't happen until you have been flying somewhere between 3-8 hours of actual elapsed time.  This CTD began to appear in P3D v3.1 after Lockheed Martin pushed that update- and no root cause has been found after literally thousands of hours of tests internally at PMDG- so we took this step in order to minimize the number of customers affected by it without realizing the cause...)"

On 04/08/2017 at 5:46 PM, mopperle said:

Other question: when you talk about the other "beauty" why do you take care about the Aerosoft Airbus? ;)

Because I heard that the updated busses are going to be as good as the other one. This intrigues me as I have both.

2 minutes ago, Trevor11350 said:

Because I heard that the updated busses are going to be as good as the other one. This intrigues me as I have both.

That brings me back to my initial answer to your question. I leave it to you what you make of a "times 3" difference in price... 

To be clear: the difference is in system depth. In terms of quality the AS buses are superior (IMHO). 

Thank you Herman, maybe with v4 LM has solved the bug.

Hoping to hear something official from Aerosoft

Inviato dal mio SM-G930F utilizzando Tapatalk

That color resembles the real airbus color, very, very closely- rather than the bluish tinted color.

Patiently (and eagerly) waiting on the Airbuses. I have enjoyed them so much that I truly missed them. 

In the mean time I'm enjoying the superb CRJ.. What a beauty! Thank guys for your patience and perseverance, and hard work,  in bringing us this fine aircraft. 

Hello,

With the lighting inside the cockpit, will you be able to adjust it just a little bit, or will the lights go full on automatically? 

1 hour ago, jack11 said:

Hello,

With the lighting inside the cockpit, will you be able to adjust it just a little bit, or will the lights go full on automatically? 

I found this post by @Frank Docter ( I couldn't find any newer posts about that subject)..

To the lights: We are already in connection with LM on a future implementation of dimmable lighting of all sorts. But it is important that the graphics engine ITSELF provides such a feature. All current solution use "hacks" which you pay with performance decreases. Imagine it as the panel itself and an extra layer with the panel backlighting on a semitransparent foil ontop. Literally this is the same technology used for the PFDs and NDs on the instrument panels, with only seeing the text information and on a bitmap base. Instead of rendering only the single panel surface, you have to render both layers (really two surfaces) and an expensive transparency pass. A modern game engine features that within one material and without that transparency pass. Also this calculation process must be repeated for any large panel section (only 1024x1024 pixels per texture sheet allowed here) and that possibly with at least 30 repetitions per second. So once the modern solution is introduced by the engine manufacturer, the old variant needs strongly overwork, the additional layer removed and the panel retextured etc...But as it is only a question of time the new solutíon is introduced and it is also clever to invest into future and not stay in past, we currently still stick to non dimmable lighting, while you can trigger already dynamic light but at ON/OFF state. But still this way is more future ready and hopefully we can soon witness the full bandwith of dimmable lighting also within the Prepar3D V4 platform. It is a time full of changes currently, but i am convinced it will pay out. LM took quite more time with the 4.1 update than i guessed myself, so i think they are currently doing a lot of refinements and additions to their beautiful product which will experience are steady development. And that already made my mind shining brighter. FSX became quite frustrating for devs in the last years, which are also eager to extend possibilities to enhance the flight simulation experience continually...

3 hours ago, Stefan Hoffmann said:

To the lights: We are already in connection with LM on a future implementation of dimmable lighting of all sorts. But it is important that the graphics engine ITSELF provides such a feature. All current solution use "hacks" which you pay with performance decreases. Imagine it as the panel itself and an extra layer with the panel backlighting on a semitransparent foil ontop. Literally this is the same technology used for the PFDs and NDs on the instrument panels, with only seeing the text information and on a bitmap base. Instead of rendering only the single panel surface, you have to render both layers (really two surfaces) and an expensive transparency pass. A modern game engine features that within one material and without that transparency pass. Also this calculation process must be repeated for any large panel section (only 1024x1024 pixels per texture sheet allowed here) and that possibly with at least 30 repetitions per second. So once the modern solution is introduced by the engine manufacturer, the old variant needs strongly overwork, the additional layer removed and the panel retextured etc...But as it is only a question of time the new solutíon is introduced and it is also clever to invest into future and not stay in past, we currently still stick to non dimmable lighting, while you can trigger already dynamic light but at ON/OFF state. But still this way is more future ready and hopefully we can soon witness the full bandwith of dimmable lighting also within the Prepar3D V4 platform. It is a time full of changes currently, but i am convinced it will pay out. LM took quite more time with the 4.1 update than i guessed myself, so i think they are currently doing a lot of refinements and additions to their beautiful product which will experience are steady development. And that already made my mind shining brighter. FSX became quite frustrating for devs in the last years, which are also eager to extend possibilities to enhance the flight simulation experience continually...

Thanks for the info.

4 hours ago, Stefan Hoffmann said:

To the lights: We are already in connection with LM on a future implementation of dimmable lighting of all sorts. But it is important that the graphics engine ITSELF provides such a feature.

Its really great that LM listen to devs, and make every effort to implement it in near future updates.  Thanks for the all the work and also to push LM even further. Everyone wins when it all comes together. Hopefully this new update will not have such a hit on dynamic lighting because otherwise its very cool. 

On 04/08/2017 at 6:16 PM, Stefan Hoffmann said:

I guess this is a phenomena from psychology: Cognitive dissonance. In their subconscious they have strong doubts on their excessivly expensive purchase but somehow their brain must find a logic conclusion that it was still right. This is an age old survival mechanism. So the most convinient way to get their devils inside calm again is in trying to degrade another very good product by speech. If that brings peace for them again it is also good for the rest of mankind and we did still a good job in providing them a release vent here. If not i strongly recommend in looking for a good therapist to avoid additional harm to them and others! Any problem in your life is solvable buddies!

Stefan, what I said is not an attempt to "degrade" the work that the guys at aerosoft have put in and made a very popular aircraft for our sims. In fact I asked this to be curious. I think that you're work is great and did not mean to cause any upset. HOWEVER, as a customer of aerosoft I do not feel that the arrogance used was fair, I mean no harm or upset and ask that we forget about this and move on.

I understand that the repetitiveness of this thread must be awful and a daily grind for those who frequent this page.

But please, can you make a separate thread for the Airbus2018. I don't mean any offence when I say that I have zero interest in the A330 and find it a real injustice that the A318/19/20/21 doesn't have its own thread. 

31 minutes ago, CannonousCrash said:

I understand that the repetitiveness of this thread must be awful and a daily grind for those who frequent this page.

But please, can you make a separate thread for the Airbus2018. I don't mean any offence when I say that I have zero interest in the A330 and find it a real injustice that the A318/19/20/21 doesn't have its own thread. 

Frank said yesterday that there will be such a topic soon.,

On 4.8.2017 at 19:16, lordweedy sagte:

Weird, I've never seen an airbus with this in amber  :

maxresdefault.jpg

Got fresh images this morning about the subject lordweedy: What i got a source was an old variant of the buttons. Mine showed clearly a difference between the white and orange ones. On the new images i can see clearly the SQUIB is now clearly colored in white. Maybe the old ones were not different enough for stress situations. So this is of course updated now to the new standard!

vor 11 Stunden , Jorge141 sagte:

Are you guys adding WIFI attennas on the A32X and the A330?

A330 300 Lufthansa of course gets one... on the other models we dont know yet....

vor 14 Stunden , Trevor11350 sagte:

Stefan, what I said is not an attempt to "degrade" the work that the guys at aerosoft have put in and made a very popular aircraft for our sims. In fact I asked this to be curious. I think that you're work is great and did not mean to cause any upset. HOWEVER, as a customer of aerosoft I do not feel that the arrogance used was fair, I mean no harm or upset and ask that we forget about this and move on.

This was no arrogance, this was an attempt to scientificly understand the motivation of some posts. It was also not directed towards you, but an answer on Mopperle´s question. But the anonymous situation of the internet often introduces people to release their inner itches that way, without any serious connection to the topic. And to be true: If you are endless happy with a thing, you focus completely on it as it fills you with pure luck. And if someone knows what this means, this someone knows also in those moment you dont need any other thing; also not to open an account on a totally other place and tell people about your discomfort with them. And when you witness that rather often and are still eager to learn more, you start to ask yourself what motivates such people. Its important for social relationships to understand what drives the other. In the end we ALL want the same: Be lucky. And when we understand the other, you can better control the situations to the favour of each of us: Relax, communicate, take the needed actions to return to a healthy state...

I must be the only person who likes on and off lights. On aircraft that have adjustable brightness and switches for each of the 100 panels (I wont list them, you know which ones im talking about) it drives me utterly mad having to hoover around the cockpit messing with all the knobs. God forbid I need to do that on landing.... no thanks. give me a cheap hack job of 1 button lights it up. at least until a better method is implemented in the sim that doesn't require texture layers

vor 1 hour , johnadmans sagte:

I must be the only person who likes on and off lights. On aircraft that have adjustable brightness and switches for each of the 100 panels (I wont list them, you know which ones im talking about) it drives me utterly mad having to hoover around the cockpit messing with all the knobs. God forbid I need to do that on landing.... no thanks. give me a cheap hack job of 1 button lights it up. at least until a better method is implemented in the sim that doesn't require texture layers

I have to agree. Messing around with all the light knobs to get good panel lighting every time you start up the aircraft gets on my nervers sometimes. I like the current state of the Airbus where one light switch turns on all the others to a reasonable level. I really don't get all the fuss about dynamic lighting in the cockpit, since it (currently) eats up to much performance and isn't anyhting real pilots would be bothered with. I'd rather have the devs spend their resources on the systems, a good and external flightmodel (because the default P3D/FSX one simulates a flying brick) and proper sounds for the immersion aspect. 

With that being said, I really like the attention to detail and the overall increased level of detail of the new Airbusses and I can't wait to see the finished product or at least the first previews of it being fully implemented into the sim. Exciting times lie ahead for us flight simmers as both software and hardware become much more capable. ;) 

On 6/10/2017 at 1:24 AM, Farlis said:

That is not the best idea. My Documents folder for example sits on the system drive, whereas everything else, like P3D sits on a much larger HD. My system drive gets constantly clogged by programs that dump everything in the Appdata or the Document folders. I'm down to 1,5Gig on that drive although I actively did not install more than Windows itself on that drive.

You should choose the FSDreamteam route. Only the add-on.xml sits in the documents folder the rest of the actual add-on data can sit wherever the user wants it to.

Your concern is a valid one that many consumers will have, but remember the market Lockheed Martin is developing for...

Thank you for taking the time to investigate this @Stefan Hoffmann I've never been in a 320 cockpit so I might have been wrong . I don't have aero soft 320 installed at the moment since I switched to p3dv4 and haven't enough space to keep p3dv3 installed at the same time but I could have sworn I remembered the squib text to be white in your last version of the 320. That's why I found it strange. Even fslabs which model an old msn have theirs white. You picture must have come from a really old one. Definitely EIS1 for sure.

Thanks again for taking users input into consideration.

@Stefan Hoffmann To put things at rest I checked the FCOM and it mentions the colors of the pushbuttons.

check FCOM 1.26.20 P5 for the agent button

Haven't checked for other push buttons but if colors are mentioned for this one it must be for all others which should help you with the rest.

As promised I report on the weekly progress meeting of the team (most are now back from vacation).

The updating of the A320 VC modeling is progressing very nicely. Stefan is shaving of a lot of polygons and using the latest insights in optimization so the resulting model is really more efficient (meaning faster) and smaller (better for the 32 bit sims) while looking better. It's amazing what progress we all made in three years. 

The systems are all inserted now and will go into the first test cycle this week. As explained almost all code has been replaced by better versions that more deeply simulates the systems and how they react to each other and the environment. We still do bother a lot with events that have either never happened or are only proven to happen ones in 20 million flight hours (like a dual engine failure) but the better system and interaction does allow you to experiment with the systems more than before.

The MCDU has a few issues left but is getting there. It's the heart of the aircraft and a massive investment in time and effort has been done in that. It simulates a modern version with all the features pilots of the more affluent airlines expect. It's unrivalled in its completeness and depth. 

So all in all I'm pretty happy, it's still painful not to have the A320 out in 64 bits at this moment but as explained, it simply was a better decision.

Of course all this work is actually relevant for the A330, we are now actually working with a single code base for all busses and it is only configuration files that determine for what aircraft it is (exactly as Airbus Industries does things).