Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview

34 minutes ago, gmoneyprs said:

That last one can easily be flown in slew mode. RW pilots just hit the Y key on their MCDUs. Also, easier in Airbuses due to the sidestick.

LOL!

On 2016-4-18 at 1:11 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

Because the previous topic was merged with something else I open a new one with two new images.

To be clear about a few issues:

• Release is expected in 2016 (but hey, shit happens)
  • We start with the A333 with RR engines but we might expand, nothing decided yet though, a full coverage of all possible models is not our goal
  • As with the current busses we focus on the task of the pilots as this allows us to make an realistic product for a reasonable price.  We do not include anything that does not occur at least once every 5000 hours of flight
  • As with the current busses we will try to include many features that are normally only added with other add-ons
  • And yes it will have wingflex.

[...]

I think it's now fair do say that a lot of shit did happen, no?

Why? Even if Mathijs posted that in the beginning of this topic, he also mentioned several times that the A330 development is very well on scedule.

14 minutes ago, Antonio Abreu said:

I think it's now fair do say that a lot of shit did happen, no?

Please follow this topic to learn about the steady and in plan development of this project.

19 minutes ago, Airbus A340 Pilot said:

Why? Even if Mathijs posted that in the beginning of this topic, he also mentioned several times that the A330 development is very well on scedule.

12 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

Please follow this topic to learn about the steady and in plan development of this project.

Come one guys.. you cannot expect to win them all...

If Mathijs said, in april 2016, that it was expected in 2016, but "shit happens"... Even allowing for a Dec 31st, 2016 release, if we're now almost six months after that and it's still not out, I think it's very fair to at least take it with humour and grant the previous posters comment that a lot of shit happened...

Although I'm sure there is steady development now, in the new/corrected plan/schedule... :)

10 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

We have got a huge collection of these images of the real systems. There is no way to 'solve' them generally, we can only solve them one issue at a time (just as it is done in the real aircraft btw).

Yup. I wonder why customers complain about such a realistic "bug" haha

When that happens, I smile. It's a new challenge. That's part of the fun.

12 minutes ago, walterg74 said:

If Mathijs said, in april 2016, that it was expected in 2016, but "shit happens"... Even allowing for a Dec 31st, 2016 release, if we're now almost six months after that and it's still not out, I think it's very fair to at least take it with humour and grant the previous posters comment that a lot of shit happened...

Well at that time we did not know exactly what P3d V4 and FSW was and that changed the whole add-on industry totally.

13 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Well at that time we did not know exactly what P3d V4 and FSW was and that changed the whole add-on industry totally.

Yep, agree with you. But the previous two post were a bit arrogant (sounding at least) like "no no, there is no delay,this was the plan" :)

14 minutes ago, walterg74 said:

"no no, there is no delay,this was the plan"

Not quite right. The project in itself runs on schedule, meaning it's development happens in the steps and times having been planned for it. There have just been gaps in between development which haven't been planned into the initial "2016" schedule. There is no meaning in bringing up the joke "so shit happened" every now and then, if in fact there wasn't any shit. All "delays" have been explained in detail in this topic, and at least from my perspective they were quite far away from shit. And I am sure you have to agree with that.

So with my initial reply I simply wanted to point onto the detailed explanations Mathijs gave here many times of the status and ongoing of the project. No arrogance was intended, just a hint that taking the first and the last time stamp in this topic hardly tells the whole story.

As Mathijs pointed out, the big curveball (if you know baseball terms) was prepar3d V4. Maybe it was even a nasty slider because V4s beta to the devs made some uncertainty and a sort of redevelopment to fully use its features. As much as we like V4 now, I get the feeling this was the reason things are pushed back alot else there may have been releases by now. Pure speculation and all in my humble opinion. 

Just to add an argument to the "shit" discussion.... as a customer I would prefer that shit happens before release then after release. There are already some companies today, who prefer to rush their products only to fill their own wallet as fast as possible (*cough* I'm absolutely not talking about companies like EA *cough* not) even if it means releasing an unfinished product. I just don't get it why people don't realize that they have 2 choices : Either they take products which are already finished and didn't probably taked much time being developed (There is even already a A330 payware which is.... well most of you know it so..... and im sure there are probably some models (freeware or payware) for the CRJ) or they shut up about complaining how long it is taking and wait for products which will have a proper quality (and in this case even a very low price compared to other addons - my opinion). Because in the end if those people, who are complaining, get what they want, they will complain later that the product is unfinished or full of bugs.

Having patience is nothing god-like.... just saying:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, PisauAntAerosofto said:

[...]

Haha, I don´t think, you have to post the same for three times. As far as I know, most of the work on the CRJ is done by Hans. So imagine you as a developer developing an aircraft which should be a quite detailed aircraft. Everybody has a family (well the most should have) and I think family is the first thing you should look at. You also should look out for your own health. I don´t know if developing aircraft is Hans´ job, but if not he probably has a job and that also comes before flightsimming. I only want to remind to Volker Wegner, the scenery designer calling his  "office" Captain7. He also works alone and only gets a bit of help by 29 Palms Scenery Design for example. And I think Hans also got bit of help from Stefan. Designing sceneries is his third occupation as he states. I think you can compare his flight simming life with Hans´. The only thing is, that Hans develops aircraft and Volker develops sceneries. 

But I want to state, I´m not part of Aerosoft so corrections from Aerosofts´ side would be very much welcome. 

All in all. Aerosoft has a bit of bad luck, cause if the CRJ was released before P3D V4 was announced or released, they would work on making it compatible with P3D V4 after release. But if Aerosoft would now say they´ll release it, but it won´t be compatible to P3D V4? Many of us, and also me would be angry about incompatibility.

vor 2 Stunden , Araripe sagte:

Yup. I wonder why customers complain about such a realistic "bug" haha

When that happens, I smile. It's a new challenge. That's part of the fun.

I didn't complain. I just didn't know that these problems are existing in reality as well. 

the more i follow these forums for the a330 and crj the more i think of it as a inquisition haha.. like WHO WHAT WHERE WHY AND HOW IS IT LATE AND its not ready yet? faster! it just makes me chuckle a little bit.. itll be the best add ons once they are out. especially for p3dv4,    I am just planning my trip to munchen for oktober fest with my lady :)

I wish you much fun here in Bavaria, my home;)

11 hours ago, mach533x said:

the more i follow these forums for the a330 and crj the more i think of it as a inquisition haha.. like WHO WHAT WHERE WHY AND HOW IS IT LATE AND its not ready yet? faster! it just makes me chuckle a little bit.. itll be the best add ons once they are out. especially for p3dv4,    I am just planning my trip to munchen for oktober fest with my lady :)

My Friend, just be patient the time will surely come, but we have to give these guys a break and stop asking about when it well be released. We all of course want a well-developed aircraft, so if we want that all what we have to do is wait. Because from all that work is not really easy.^_^ XD  

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

After the CRJ is released you can start asking for the Airbusses....

And hopefully the CRJ is close..

On 19.6.2017 at 10:08 PM, Airbus A340 Pilot said:

I think you can compare his flight simming life with Hans´

I don't have a life!:beatcomputer_s:

4 minutes ago, Citation X said:

And hopefully the CRJ is close..

Yes, it is.

16 minutes ago, swaor said:

Close enough for this year? :huh:

Shhh! We don't ask questions like that... :ph34r:

Uhm, come to think about it...

... why are we discussing the CRJ in the A330 thread?! :huh:

42 minutes ago, swaor said:

Close enough for this year? :huh:

I gave you exactly as much information as I intended. Asking for more won't get you anywhere.

26 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

... why are we discussing the CRJ in the A330 thread?! :huh:

because we're currently discussing A320 series high altitude takeoffs in the CRJ forum. If you want to talk A330, please use the Pilatus PC-6 preview forum :D

But where do we talk about the currently-mysterious next Aerosoft Airbus?!

4 minutes ago, amahran said:

We haven't been told it's an Airbus - only an airliner.   And to be quite accurate, we haven't even been told which platform it's for.  Realistically, there are only two options there.  I think speculation is going to be rather inaccurate. 

8 minutes ago, amahran said:

There is a general discussions forum for example. The A330 preview topic surly is not the place to dicuss things not related to the A330.