Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview

Tremdendous images and news! Keep the awesome work up guys. An EFB would be indeed pretty cool but I see limited use for it being in the actual virtual cockpit. I rather have my charts open on a tablet and have the ND and MCDU in sight at all times to compare  and x-check the data. 

Really can't wait for this bird!

Oh, and regarding the RR engines being modelled first and some statements from a couple users here in this topic: As far as I can recall out of the top of my head, most of the european carriers use RR engines. DLH, SWR being the two major ones, then there is also VIR and THY have plenty as well. Of course there is also AFR, but those guys are struggling to keep their 330's in the air anyway...

Can you put the Wingflex-Feature back in to the A318-A321 SP4. Is that possible or not?

2 minutes ago, CRJ900 said:

AFR, but those guys are struggling to keep their 330's in the air anyway...

Jeez, can't be saying that now, I'm sure if your family was on board that plane you wouldn't be joking about it

2 minutes ago, LuisCake said:

Can you put the Wingflex-Feature back in to the A318-A321 SP4. Is that possible or not?

No, for the same reasons we did not do it previously. People tend to think we could not do it because we were technically unable... but it's simply a descition to improve the performance of the products and save you guys some € in the pruchase price.

vor 17 Minuten, Emanuel Hagen sagte:

No, for the same reasons we did not do it previously. People tend to think we could not do it... but it's simply a descition to improve the performance of the products and save you guys some € in the pruchase price.

Roger

Damn!! Those screenshots make me envy you guys. That beautiful peace of add-on is on your computer already. :boingy_s:

Guys, with the release, please do submit the GES configuration file too. GES generally screws up with some aircraft in terms of "open door". Then they come out with a cfg for it. If you guys can deliver it with the package, will be heaven.

Also, almost all aircraft add-on developers deliver a thick PDF as a tutorial. Why don't you guys break the trend, and deliver video tutorials? An easy way of doing this would be to work with video legends like Matt Davies or Frooglesim. 

I don't want to sound callous, but what is the use of the EFB in a virtual cockpit of a flightsim plane? When I fly or taxi, I prefer to keep my eyes on the main instruments and the view straight out of the cockpit windows (unless I'm in cruise flight and the autopilot does the job) - and if I need to look on a chart, I have it in print beside my laptop or I view it on my mobile phone. Having an EFB at the left side of the pilot seat would rather involve quite a lot of view tilting and zooming in order to read the chart and then some more view tilting and zooming back - unless one has a good eye-tracking device (or EZDok). I know that personal tastes differ, but if you asked me, I could live very well without an EFB at least at initial release - and rather prefer another A330 and/or engine variant at initial release. ;)

vor 1 hour , Mathijs Kok sagte:

Interesting also is that we are now serious considering adding a Electronic Flight Bag for charts etc. Can't say anything more on that at this moment though. But as before we intend to deliver a very complete product. 

Thank you Mathijs for keeping us in the loop.

I also would love an EFB (If you and your team decide to include it).

Sorry for the question, but does an EFB in a real A330 also include those moving maps of airports with taxiways on it, so that the pilots can easier navigate to the gate at big airports?? I saw this on an A380 and really liked it :-)

vor 8 Minuten, thumbliner sagte:

Also, almost all aircraft add-on developers deliver a thick PDF as a tutorial. Why don't you guys break the trend, and deliver video tutorials? An easy way of doing this would be to work with video legends like Matt Davies or Frooglesim. 

Because some guys would loose their work. :D

there should be a way to import charts into the efb so we can look at them there, which would help lots of people instead of alt-tabbing just to know where to go to get to the gate etc.

vor 4 Minuten, B748_Fan sagte:

Thank you Mathijs for keeping us in the loop.

I also would love an EFB (If you and your team decide to include it).

Sorry for the question, but does an EFB in a real A330 also include those moving maps of airports with taxiways on it, so that the pilots can easier navigate to the gate at big airports?? I saw this on an A380 and really liked it :-)

No, it might be an option on newer aircraft but it's definitely not common.  

vor 25 Minuten, CRJ900 sagte:

No, it might be an option on newer aircraft but it's definitely not common.  

Damn :lol: But thank you for the information

10 minutes ago, Daniel Reber said:

Will the Joystic on the Co-Pilot side be able to move?

It's something we are looking into. The problem is that we either need to make two aircraft (for each seat) or determine the viewpoint in the VC to decide which of the sticks to move. Keep in mind they are not linked as in most other aircraft. Usinfg the viewpoint option has a rather severe FPS impact.

3 minutes ago, toga_10 said:

Will there be independent PFD's and ND's?

Perhaps, but it has serious impacts on FPS and VAS. Always keep in mind this is not a Boeing and that it means there is a whole lot of additional code that needs to run on a frame by frame base. Adding code that is not millisecond critical is easy. 

I fully 100% understand what you have stated about the model and engine is not definite yet, and is possibly subject to change, i personally and a large amount of people i have talked to agree that it would be sheer 'craziness' to not include the GE CF6 option. That's big airlines such as Delta, Iberia , Aer Lingus, Qantas, Alitalia , Qatar, Jetstar, Air Asia, Eva Air, Scandanavian, KLM, Air France,Jet Airways,XL,Air Berlin, TAM, Finnair, China Airlines and many more ignored.

I really hope you guys can progress fantastically well with the A330 and include the GE CF6 Upon release! 

2 hours ago, layth23 said:

This is a great idea..for people with Navigraph what if you are like myself and do not have navigraph then you can't use the EFB?

One solution could be to include a dataset like we've seen with navdata, and you have to update you have to pay. Or that you get some sample maps used in tutorials. (more likely)

But besides charts, EFB's provide performance calculations and checklists, so it would still be useful without charts.

1 hour ago, Scandinavian said:

But besides charts, EFB's provide performance calculations and checklists, so it would still be useful without charts.

Indeed, an EFB with a built-in performance calculator would be a very welcome addition.

As for the charts, I could also imagine a generic option to open a pdf-file from within the EFB. That way it wouldn't be directly dependent on any 3rd-party software/database.

2 hours ago, SimonJHarkness98 said:

I fully 100% understand what you have stated about the model and engine is not definite yet, and is possibly subject to change, i personally and a large amount of people i have talked to agree that it would be sheer 'craziness' to not include the GE CF6 option. That's big airlines such as Delta, Iberia , Aer Lingus, Qantas, Alitalia , Qatar, Jetstar, Air Asia, Eva Air, Scandanavian, KLM, Air France,Jet Airways,XL,Air Berlin, TAM, Finnair, China Airlines and many more ignored.

I really hope you guys can progress fantastically well with the A330 and include the GE CF6 Upon release! 

It looks like they have made up their mind that only the RR will be featured in the *initial* release, with the *possibility*, perhaps, maybe, of more to follow in the future. Personally this disappoints me, as I mainly fly in the US whose -300 operators only use PW engines. GE engines would have been nice to see too, but I think I can live with it because I'm happy to be getting any A330 at all. I'm going to buy it to support the product and cast my vote with my wallet for more variants in the future. But, I don't think we should talk about engines any more in case Matijs acts like a dad with bratty kids in the car on the way to Disney world, and chooses to "turn this thing around" and not give us any A330 at all!  

9 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

We start with the A333 with RR engines but we might expand, nothing decided yet though, a full coverage of all possible models is not our goal

5 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Gents, don't focus much on the engine etc. I only stated what we are working on right now and what will be in V1.00. That's all. 

And with this the engine discussion can be closed for the moment, don't you think?

Is it maybe possible to work on the FMGS colors when selecting a SID/STAR? For example, the runways are yellow, the SIDs and transitions are blue. 1:02 of the video below illustrates what I mean.

Oh my... People will kill me for saying this but... After looking at the pics, I even forgot there is a CRJ on the way... :P

I can't wait for this one ! If it comes following the same philosophy (realism and details) as the current AES A318/19/20/21, It will be PERFECT ! No more, no less ! 

As PA's Airbus A330 project obviously is dead, I cannot see any good native FSX visual model upcoming except probably aerosoft's, but it's even more disappointing to hear that for the time being only the RR variant is planned. So, no A340 series of AS for the reasons given, and maybe no PW or GE variants either. I'm really searching for reasons to buy a product, that is to my opinion incomplete, I'm trying hard, but I cannot find them at the moment. Maybe you can convince me with the final feature list and the next screenshots.

Wow, these pictures are really worth a thousand words. Keep it up Aerosoft!