Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview

2 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Yes, shoul be in there.

Yay! Next question how does one go about accessing that particular page?

The same way as a pilot does it, via the AOC menu pages. We'll show this soon.

40 minutes ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

Do you have 6 fuel pumps or 20?
What about Taxicam, EFBs, the all new radio equipment, datalink, the new FMGS (not just in terms of the layout to the pilot), ECAM, etc.?

There is a very good reason there is not even a modestly realistic A380 on the market. There are simply many systems in that aircraft that will be incredibly hard to simulate. The EFB comes to mind first, there is at least a full year of development in that alone and it will always need licensed (meaning you as a customer have to pay separate money for that) vector maps that can be opened in the VC.  That alone is enough to think twice about such a project.

I can almost guarantee you that in the next two years there will not be a realistic A340, A350 or A380. Not to the degree we do our Airbusses. 

6 minutes ago, Trevor11350 said: I don't have a problem with the a330. ( In fact a few hours ago I just got off of one). I was just wondering why no developer has done that aircraft. In my opinion it would make more sense for aerosoft to make an a380 as they have done the a320 family and are doing an a330

That's not entirely true, there are some A330s on the market, but you see the same "problem" with all of them: None is a 100% detailed systems simulation. In fact I believe none is even as detailed as our A320 series is.

Reasons for this, among others, are that long haul aircraft generally do not sell as good as short haul aircraft. Many simmers do not have the time to fly long haul and thus prefer short haul aircraft.

If you got the choice between an A320 and A330 as a developer you will likely pick the A320 since you get more sales for approx the same amount of work.

Once you got the A320 you can then descide to build on it and go ahead with the A330.

I'm not saying this is the only option to make a detailled long haul Airbus, but it surely is the most attractive.

Large capacity planes are often used for short haul, high capacity routes, particularly in Asia. You will often get A330s flying to the Canaries from the UK simply for the seats.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

vor 23 Minuten, Mathijs Kok sagte:

There is a very good reason there is not even a modestly realistic A380 on the market. There are simply many systems in that aircraft that will be incredibly hard to simulate. The EFB comes to mind first, there is at least a full year of development in that alone and it will always need licensed (meaning you as a customer have to pay separate money for that) vector maps that can be opened in the VC.  That alone is enough to think twice about such a project.

I can almost guarantee you that in the next two years there will not be a realistic A340, A350 or A380. Not to the degree we do our Airbusses. 

Is the EFB really an indispensable part of the A380? Just asking (and this is where we still can stay on topic ;)) since you once thought of developing an EFB for the A330 and the response of the forum (including me) was, well, not exactly enthusiastic. ;) As you know, many of us (at least of those who participated in the discussion back then) prefer to view maps on a tablet, other separate devices or even on paper anyway. So if there is any way to develop an absolutely flyable A380 without an EFB, I would definitely vote for that one.

vor 13 Minuten, Dudley sagte:

Large capacity planes are often used for short haul, high capacity routes, particularly in Asia. You will often get A330s flying to the Canaries from the UK simply for the seats.

True. And Eurowings is using its A330s for high capacity routes in the Mediterranean as well - just like, back then, LTU and for a few years also Air Berlin.

Well just look at the cockpit. It's really a very visible object and in the A350/380 fully integrated with other systems. Having that large screen there and not being able to use it as a moving map makes little sense to me.

But the EFB is just one system that is hard to model.

Airbus developed the a340 in conjunction with the a330 so those have a lot more similarities more than just systems look at the airframe of both. But that s me off topic.

Sorry, of course you are right on that. A350 and 380 are the difficult ones

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Forgive me for bringing this up again, but that leaves very very few options for the A3xx project you guys are planning...

Oh. I think A350/A380 would be way to much. Both are very very complex. And on top of that the cockpit design is fully different to the other Airbusses like the A320 family, A330 and A340. Or if you simply take a look on the elevators on the A380. That´s fantastic to look at and looks really elegant, but I think that this would be so complex to do. Nothing would be more complex in my opinion. 

A350/A380 are definitely the most complex planes. No doubt.

Of course everybody dreams about flying the biggest passenger plane, but you have to think in a realistic way. The time won´t stop running. There will be a good A380/A350 one day, but I think it´s to early for now. 

How long did it take, to get a very good simulated A320?

I think Aerosoft was the first developer to do a good simulated A320. Whan was the first version of Aerosoft Airbus released? I think it had to be about 2013.The first flight of the real A320 was in 1987. That´s 26 years. And also the first A330s are about 23 years old. The first A350 was delivered in the end of 2014. And the A380 also is not that old. 

I would say, there is no good basic given for the A350/A380. Most logic would be the A340 after A330, or the A320NEO as we talk about Airbusses.

Well as much as I would want an A340 Mathijs quite plainly said that Aerosoft does not expect to see a good A340 in the market anytime soon, leaving only the A320 NEO. Honestly I'm not too excited for that one, but I am sure to fly her anyway!

Hmmm, sorry for being off-topic, but quite ago I asked about the A320NEO and they said that there isn't too much information available about it right now, but who knows! In any case, I'm very excited to fly the A330. Cheers! ;)

45 minutes ago, Gantalyetos said:

Hmmm, sorry for being off-topic, but quite ago I asked about the A320NEO and they said that there isn't too much information available about it right now, but who knows! In any case, I'm very excited to fly the A330. Cheers! ;)

Hmm... LOL!

We seem to be running out of options... :lol:

I still hold on thinking to getting a A340 and A320NEO by Aerosoft. What should they do instead. I think Maybe Aerosoft want to surprise us when announcing their next product. And as mentioned. Aerosoft could not have any better base for A320NEO and A340. Aerosoft is on a very good way and as they already said: 

You have to build on the finished planes. There is no better base for A340 than the A330. There would be no better base for A380 than A340 and no better base for A350 than A380. That's the why I simply can't belive Aerosoft wouldn't be doing the A340.

Cut! This is the A330 preview. Although the discussion about what comes after the Airbus 2017 series is very interesting but it is not appropriate to keep talking and talking about it here. Feel free to open a topic in the general section. 

First the A330 will be released. Than the Airbus 2017 series. And after that we are well into 2018. 

Thanks

Ok. I'll open a discussion forum

A few weeks ago I asked if the aerosoft a330 will have a PMDG-like auto-cruise feature as it is a long hauler. What are your opinions?

I have never flown a PDMG aircraft, so I have no idea what a "PDMG-like auto-cruise feature" is. But if you are asking for a flight management computer (MCDU in Airbus terms) the A330 will of course have one (well, 3 actually).

I know what you mean by that and it will probably not make it into the product. You can ofcouse accelerate time and see where the individual limit of your computer is. 

It is a super feature for sure.

3 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

I have never flown a PDMG aircraft, so I have no idea what a "PDMG-like auto-cruise feature" is. But if you are asking for a flight management computer (MCDU in Airbus terms) the A330 will of course have one (well, 3 actually).

The auto-cruise feature automatically accelerates time and turns it down when coming to turns. It can, therefore, allow you to do an 8-hour flight in about an hour.

32 minutes ago, Catchgame said:

The auto-cruise feature automatically accelerates time and turns it down when coming to turns. It can, therefore, allow you to do an 8-hour flight in about an hour.

The best way to do an 8-hour flight

Can't wait for the a333. I bought the Black Box one several months ago and I am very disappointed in it. just as displeased as I was with the Wilco one.

On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 11:30 PM, Trevor11350 said:

Can I ask why aerosoft is putting so much work into a crj that's no where near as popular as a detailed a380 which they most likely won't make?

because that thing has been in development for im scared to say how many years

there is a lack of small regional jets. latest one was what, wilco erj? ewww.

because the crj project is way overdue to be finished!  for the sake of being finished if for no other reason

Will the fuel planner for the A330 be at the same level as known from the A32X? Because what I would enjoy is a more extended fuel planner, for example with take off speeds and cost index etc... Or will you give us a pdf manual like the checklists so we can calculate it by ourselves? :)