Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview

Just now, sebi777 said:

this ADD-ON will be great and the best add-on of 2016 or 2017 ;)

Let's have some faith... 2016 :-)

Who do you contact to get on the Beta Team for the A330?

I have asked in several places with no response.

18 minutes ago, DispatchRandy said:

Who do you contact to get on the Beta Team for the A330?

I have asked in several places with no response.

Think they have a full team mate. Quite sure I have seen the response in the forum to same Q

EMIRATES LIVERY INCLUDED IN THE PACKAGE ?

EMIRATES,QATAR,TAM,ETIHAD 

Babsa320,

please take a look into the not official livery request topic to check, if your wish have been already requested:

this is a sreenshot send to me by a friend. PLEASE LEARN FORM XPLANE! when we will be posible to see those thing on your planes? IM NOT TALKING IN BAD MOOD

1.AVALIABLE METAR INFORMATION FROM THE COCPIT.

2. THE ONLY PLANE  THAT I KNOW THAT HAS THOSE EFFECT ON VC (DEFAULT B738 AND PMDG J41)

1 Capture5.PNG

2 Capture4.PNG

aerosoft guys have just said that the implement of the CPDLC is on the way on 330 project

CPDLC would help if VATSIM/IVAO integrated such a system which is not the case.

17 minutes ago, Eduard Gasull said:

this is a sreenshot send to me by a friend. PLEASE LEARN FORM XPLANE! when we will be posible to see those thing on your planes? IM NOT TALKING IN BAD MOOD

1.AVALIABLE METAR INFORMATION FROM THE COCPIT.

2. THE ONLY PLANE  THAT I KNOW THAT HAS THOSE EFFECT ON VC (DEFAULT B738 AND PMDG J41)

CPDLC would help if VATSIM/IVAO integrated such a system which is not the case.

20 minutes ago, Eduard Gasull said:

IM NOT TALKING IN BAD MOOD

I do believe you Eduard, but you really should omit all capital letters. That can easily be misunderstood as the opposite of what you wanted to say...

And about CPDLC: it has been already multiple times announced (in several different topics) that it will be implemented once VATSIM/IVAO provide an API for it ;) 

AS will not release something that would be only available for one online network, while users of the other network would still look on a blank screen.

vor 14 Minuten, Nuno Pinto sagte:

Waiting for IVAO?  Heh :)

You could always implement a METAR retrieval system, it would look superb while the rest isn't available (actual CPDLC), not to mention extremely useful.

second that - would be also a nice feature for all the "offline" pilots

vor 1 hour , data63 sagte:

second that - would be also a nice feature for all the "offline" pilots

Oh yeah that would be really great for offline pilots like me !

vor 1 hour , Nuno Pinto sagte:

METAR only TOM, doesn't have to be connected to either network, just consume one of many freely available online METAR services and display it on the ACARS screen :)

Oooops, replying to a previous reply by Tom, but somehow i missed the quote :P

The best way would be a connection to the weather engine :) 

And what about the rain effects on the VC glass? would be a very nice visual effect! btw im glad to hear that the metar information will be added =)

Haven't the 'VC-Rain-Effect-Debate' been depleted - a couple of times?
(I seem to remember, I've read about it a number of times - also on PMDG's forums...)

1 hour ago, KingMusjo said:

Haven't the 'VC-Rain-Effect-Debate' been depleted - a couple of times?
(I seem to remember, I've read about it a number of times - also on PMDG's forums...)

Yeah it has. Below are two comments from Emanuel about rain effects. Thread was about the A318/19 product but is (I would assume) valid for the A330 as well.

I think the rain effect is more of a immersion package thing, since the power of each computer to render these effects depend on their configurations and there are hundreds, if not thousands, of different versions, people should be able to pick if they want it or not. If we get a A330 immersion it would be cool, however I personally think that it shouldn't come as default. FSFX packages seem to have a really good effect but its w.i.p. you can take look at their video on YouTube: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6W_A41o3u8

That's a video from over a year ago and they did not deliver on it. Simple fact is that in all our test (yes we would love to have good rain effects) it kills framerates. We have tested all add-ons that have rain effect and even for very small windows and very large drops the effect is severe.