Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview

13 hours ago, ManBOSS64 said:

I'm not at all sure but I have heard people say that aerosoft always has the APU sound way too loud, I find this true. Is that correct in real life?

the apu is also a non bypass engine so therefor the hot gasses hit cold air when they exit the exhaust making loads of noise

22 hours ago, francis16 said:

Hi tom!

correction, the only liters that is given is the max fuel capacity. The reason why i want to know the exact value is because i am not sure if its the same on pfpx. Also, i am prepping my desired a330 callsign on PFPX :) 

multiply your litres by 0.8 to get the weight of the fuel

On 06/05/2017 at 11:18 AM, ManBOSS64 said:

The APU sound way too loud, I find this true. Is that correct in real life?

What I know is that Aerosoft doesn't simulate the sound of the APU Bleed and I hope they will do it with the 330 :) 

5 hours ago, Hugo Bicho said:

What I know is that Aerosoft doesn't simulate the sound of the APU Bleed and I hope they will do it with the 330 :) 

Oh yes they do. Every time I start up the A320/321 APU I wait till it's running and supplying electrical power before I push the Bleed button. You can then clearly hear the ventilation start, being fed by bleed air.

OMG looking forward for the A330, its been so long  :-)

Looking at those previews is so encouraging!  

There was a saying while watching a WWII documentary: sometimes waiting to go into battle is much more difficult on the person than the battle itself.

I'm applying this to here because it is much more difficult for us all to wait for the A330 than it is to actually fly the thing!

Note: I believe the whole brakes going grey every 10 flights would add a lot of immersion but also eat the VAS for BBQ, so it's sadly a no go until they find out a way to make it more FPS friendly.

If the paint kits for the A318/319/320/321 are anything to go by ( not knowing what the A330 will bring ) , it is possible to paint the wheels and having painted a few Busses can tell you that I actually did paint the wheels a couple of times but no one noticed or bothered to comment . Having looked at thousands of photos of these aircraft there are just certain parts that have a factory colour and any " differences " will be due to wear and tear or just dirt .

19 hours ago, Richeng said:

Oh yes they do. Every time I start up the A320/321 APU I wait till it's running and supplying electrical power before I push the Bleed button. You can then clearly hear the ventilation start, being fed by bleed air.

Oh I was talking about the ext APU Bleed air sound under the fuselage my bad :)

Here is another one

landscape-1466522426-inf2.jpg

(For those who don't get it, this is the Stage One booster of a Saturn V. So I guess you could call it the Alpha stage...)

Here is a a cool (or warm) question for you customers.

At what temperature so you want the fuel to be when it is loaded?

Sounds silly but it is not, See, while we do not do failures we do try to get the standard stuff right and as accurate as possible. Yesterday I spend a good deal of the day with Frank who is doing a good deal of the systems. He showed me the fuel system that includes the fuel temperature. What he done is pretty cool because the way the fuel temperature changes depends on the initial temperature, mass of the fuel,  the ambient temperature and if you are moving or not (the faster the quicker the fuel drops in temperature). It's a complex formula, but it works pretty well. Take of from a +40 degree airport (the correct Celsius kind) and climb into a -40 degree (the correct Celsius kind) flight level and you will see the inner tank cool down slower then the outer tanks.

And yes ALL our system are intended to be build like that. Not doing failures has no influence on not doing these things right.

But of course it all starts with the temperature of the fuel being loaded. Of course we could add a variable that you could tweak in the configurator. But let's be honest, that would be silly. We do need a temperature though. So if the community here can figure that one out I got one decision less to make! And it would give you the idea (marketing!!!) you have influence. Right now we use ambient temperature. But if the fuel comes from a underground system it will be around 17 on most places. If it is in Siberia and has been standing in a taker outside the whole February night it can be -5 degrees (again the correct C kind). If it is in Algeria in August in the same tanker truck that has been standing in the sun for 14 hours it might be +55 degrees C.

My suggestion would be to use ambient -10 degrees. But I'll listen to any suggestion. And yes, it IS silly but it does matter. A lot more than than failures that have happened 1 time in 210.000.000 hours (or simply never).  So your input matters.

30 minutes ago, helialpin said:

Why not ISA temperatur? If no variable I'd go with ISA (15*C / 59*K)

I'm with @helialpin on this one! If there is a standard already (and there is!), then there's no point in inventing another :-)

32 minutes ago, helialpin said:

Why not ISA temperatur? If no variable I'd go with ISA (15*C / 59*K)

Might make more sense than ambient.

Yeah, standard ISA will do.

But the real question is - what temperature will the coffee have (since it is included)? :huh:

vor 24 Minuten, CRJ900 sagte:

But the real question is - what temperature will the coffee have (since it is included)? :huh:

When you brew the coffee, the temperatur should be around 90° - 96° C. ;-) 

@Mathijs Kok you say that when flying faster the temperature drops faster? But when flying the 777 you can get the message 'low fuel temp' and the checklist says to either descend or increase speed. Wouldn't temperature rise then when moving faster?

Factors to count for (re fuel loading temp):

1 ISA

2 Season or Month (fs menu) - I dont know if WX software forces a value

3 Latitude

OK, Starts to get complicated

1 hour ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

mmh, but the fuel is usually stored in tanks some 10ft underneath the tarmac. It should be colder down there.

I am not sure I agree with that. It depends on where you are and when you are there.

During the winter in, i.e. Northern Scandinavia I think it would be warmer 10ft below the surface then at the surface.

You could do two temperatures:

- if the loaded fuel is below ~35,000kg (based on a 44,000 litre tanker, less 1000 litres to take into account density change, SG of Jet A1), then base the fuel temperature on ambient, with some small variation based on time of day and cloud

- if the loaded fuel is above ~35,000kg, then assume large volume storage and base the temperature on a reference temperature (e.g. 15 deg C, with small seasonal variation)

Why not take the outside temperature and lower it with a fixed amount of degrees to simulate the fact that it is stored under the ground?

37 minutes ago, Er!k said:

Why not take the outside temperature and lower it with a fixed amount of degrees to simulate the fact that it is stored under the ground?

That would be the 'easiest solution'.

But as @Griffin78 already pointed out, in northern Scandinavia - e.g Denmark (where I'm from) there's a so call "frozen-free-depth" (directy translated!) which is below 3-4 feet (approx 0,9 m -1,2 m), in really cold periods, 4-5 feet (approx 1,2 m - 1,5 m). It would be (as the name implies) a fixed depth where the soil isn't frozen in cold weather. The value is especially important in construction... Don't know if it has any (significant) leeway in this regard, though.

And do not forget the temperature that the remaining fuel has when you landed. This amount of fuel will make the "new" block fuel temperature a lower value than the temperature of the uplifted fuel.