Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview

vor 7 Minuten, eaim sagte:

Do you have any idea that if we buy the P3D V3 Aerosoft A330 version, will that version also work on P3D V4 when that version is released, if not will we just need to pay an upgrade fee?

I'd assume it'll be one cross-platform product, as is the case with AS's pricing policy. Same files, same price. Unless there are some significan code changes and additional features that come with a 64bit sim.

8 minutes ago, eaim said:

Do you have any idea that if we buy the P3D V3 Aerosoft A330 version, will that version also work on P3D V4 when that version is released, if not will we just need to pay an upgrade fee?

That depends on how much of the code is identical and that is simply not known at this moment. We will never however ask you to buy the product again for a new platform. 

vor 1 minute, Mathijs Kok sagte:

I hope you are wrong.

I do believe FSX:SP2, FSX:STEAM, P3D V3, P3D V4 and hopefully the new Dovetails sim will all be pretty well related and that level of detail might differ so only the export options from the tools will differ (just as now with FSX versions and P3D V3). But in the end we need sim platforms to compete to get to a higher level. It's crazy that we are now stuck in 32 bits (X-Plane excluded) and that the base code is hardly changed in the last 10 years. Let the users decide what is the best platform and we'll follow.

I also like the idea of having cross-platform addons. Of course there will be slightly different and additional features across all platforms but the base is the same. PMDG's DC-6 is a great example. I know I might get heat for this but would it theoretically be possible to convert the current and upcoming Airbus series into X-Plane 11?

3 minutes ago, CRJ900 said:

I'd assume it'll be one cross-platform product, as is the case with AS's pricing policy. Same files, same price. Unless there are some significan code changes and additional features that come with a 64bit sim.

Well, there will be. You know we are not big fans of 'making things work in a new sim' without actually using the new features. There will be no installers for aircraft that will be 32 and 64 bit compatible. It will always be different download and thus different products.

1 minute ago, CRJ900 said:

I also like the idea of having cross-platform addons. Of course there will be slightly different and additional features across all platforms but the base is the same. PMDG's DC-6 is a great example. I know I might get heat for this but would it theoretically be possible to convert the current and upcoming Airbus series into X-Plane 11?

Theoretical? yes. Practically it would means close to a man year of work if we are lucky.

vor 5 Stunden , Bigt sagte:

No rhyme nor reason to the likes/dislikes in this forum sometimes...

Dislikes are very bad.....but true :lol:

6 hours ago, Rafail Giavrimis said:

Can we maybe get a clue about the mysterious airbus release?

20XX.

3 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Airbus calls it a family, something Boeing tries to do but never gets right.

a CEO that (most of the time) understands

You have a uniquely sweet way of delivering controversial statements. 

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Let the users decide what is the best platform and we'll follow.

Verdict: One 64 bit, please.

8 hours ago, mopperle said:

Got it: Aerosoft A342 confirmed. No, not the A340-200, that is a different plane. This is the A342.

On 2/21/2017 at 4:56 AM, Whatsaplane said:

Why do I have the feeling that Aerosoft is currently developing A350 OR A380 along with the current A330 !!!:)

36 minutes ago, Malcomx said:

Why do I have the feeling that Aerosoft is currently developing A350 OR A380 along with the current A330 !!!:)

in a recent interview i listened to Aerosoft stated that they will soon begin working on the Airbus A350

14 minutes ago, GroundLakeGamer said:

in a recent interview i listened to Aerosoft stated that they will soon begin working on the Airbus A350

We did?

2 hours ago, GroundLakeGamer said:

fake news

Winfried Diekmann talked about a meeting with Airbus to discuss future projects possibly involving the A380 but due to little demand for ultra long range FS flights more likely the A350.

1 minute ago, D-EOLB said:

Winfried Diekmann talked about a meeting with Airbus to discuss future projects possibly involving the A380 but due to little demand for ultra long range FS flights more likely the A350.

Source?

3 hours ago, GroundLakeGamer said:

2 minutes ago, eltechron said:

He said Aerosoft would like to develop one, and maybe discussions with Airbus will allow them to. He didn't confirm that they're making one in the near future.

This is how rumors are getting started.

It is always a good idea to accept things how they were said or written, and not how one would like them to be ;) 

4 hours ago, Malcomx said:

Sorry if am diverting further away the topic and delete if inappropriate. I honestly believe they will go for the A340 . The A333 and A340 has a lot in common, the fuselage,the tail,the wings span,the cockpit apart from performance,load,fuel consumption and the 4 engine configuration , i would say its pretty much the same aircraft and even though still lot of work would be required, it won't be as much as investing into a350 and a380 without ruling out possibility of an eventual release for both. The logical step would obviously escalate to a340, I think this is how the airbus family should progress. I'm in haste for friday previews of the beautiful a340. 

1 minute ago, dharynsimmer said:

Sorry if am diverting further away the topic and delete if inappropriate. I honestly believe they will go for the A340 . The A333 and A340 has a lot in common, the fuselage,the tail,the wings span,the cockpit apart from performance,load,fuel consumption and the 4 engine configuration , i would say its pretty much the same aircraft and even though still lot of work would be required, it won't be as much as investing into a350 and a380 without ruling out possibility of an eventual release for both. The logical step would obviously escalate to a340, I think this is how the airbus family should progress. I'm in haste for friday previews of the beautiful a340. 

I would personally love to see the A340 released by Aerosoft as well.
However (before all of the hate comes flooding in this direction),
I assume that it would actually be a lot more work to make the A340 on top of the A330 even if they do share certain commonalities, with many modelling, performance and other changes required (not to mention MCDU stuff as well). I personally doubt that they will do the A340 in succession, even if other developers have decided to do that in the past. For all we know I could be dead wrong, though.

For now this is the A330 Thread, I guess, until it's released. After that, maybe then we can look forward to a seperate release of a new Airbus family, or the improvement of an older one.

It has been stated several times that an A340 ain't heppenin' due to the fact that this species is pretty much dying out in the real world, hence the rather low popularity and demand by customers. It may be a great aircraft but it's not very economic and wide-spread in this day and age. I think the next logical step is to go for the A320neo series, since the code and system base is already there. An A350 still has quite a lot of system differences compared to the older busses and would require a cursor interface for the displays. An andvantage of the latter is the fact that it only comes with one engine variant. Visual model differences are a minor hurdle. But as of now, the A330 isn't even in beta so let's all just focus on this one first and not start another debate on what anyone would like to see and why. 

I'd think engine variants in the A330 would be the easiest thing to produce.

50 minutes ago, ahuimanu said:

I'd think engine variants in the A330 would be the easiest thing to produce.

See my response below:

20 hours ago, amahran said:

If that's the case, give me 25 bucks and I'll give you every A330 engine variant.

EDIT: Alright, seriously...if you're willing to find turbine performance charts for every variant out there, let Aerosoft know when you have the data:

On 4/4/2017 at 2:24 AM, Emanuel Hagen said:

Basically it is the new visual model, the new performance data (for both, the actual engine performance in sim and for the MCDUs performance database!) and then a lot of small stuff like differences in indications and the effects it has on the different systems of the airplane.