Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview

omg omg omg omg, cant wait, my wallet is ready!

On 5/14/2016 at 6:08 AM, HazzaBazzaGazza said:

Will the 'MECH' Horn sound be modelled? I feel it is a small feature, but an important one. It is used almost everyday in SOP procedural flights. :D

I doubt it.

31 minutes ago, mircea738 said:

Is it gonna be a little better on the frames than 320?

Probably same same or a bit better under certain circumstances. There is no final model yet so nothing can be said for now expect that AS strives to get the best performance.

Will the pushback tool on right MCDU be available without using the co-pilot? That would be quite nice for people like me who fly without co-pilot.

Edit by The Dude; support question for the A320 removed. 

22 hours ago, davidchen9568 said:

Will the pushback tool on right MCDU be available without using the co-pilot? That would be quite nice for people like me who fly without co-pilot.

Edit by The Dude; support question for the A320 removed. 

Yes.

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Yes.

Mathijs,

Is there maybe an possibillity to enhance the pushback function (When using the checklists & co-pilot) in co-op with AES & GSX (Now I have switched to P3D I also had to switch to GSX. Before I always 'dreamed' about activating/controlling AES through the right MCDU).

Now everytime I need to commence the pushback first and then after pushback completed (Parking brake set) I can finally commence the part of 'Start without push'.

Will there be pop-up displays for PFD/ND and possibly the engine displays? Any reasonable graphics card will have the possibility to plug in a second monitor. Used, suitable monitores come cheaper than some aircraft add-ons. Using one monitor for the virtual cockpit (preferrably with TrackIR or similar) and a second monitor for PDF/ND in 2D mode works like a dream, believe me.

Holger

I believe it works like a dream for you but we feel using a Track IR and only 3d is many times more realistic because you simulate actually looking at the screens and will see the at the correct angle, colors and reflection. But just as with the current busses you can make views that can be undocked. But we will most likely not make 2d panels. There is some discussion about making a version for cockpit builders though.

On 14.5.2016 at 06:08, HazzaBazzaGazza sagte:

Will the 'MECH' Horn sound be modelled? I feel it is a small feature, but an important one. It is used almost everyday in SOP procedural flights. :D

Because the Aerosoft A330 will be maintenance-free, there is no need to simulate this one.

I didn't care a lot at the A330 and wanted to buy the QW 787 but after those images... I am just waiting for the release. Awesome job so far !

Will a few circuit breaker be usable?

I know you dont need all of them but for example you have to pull the L 40 (Auto Exting. GND Test) Circuit Breaker out at the A320

when you do the APU fire test.

11 minutes ago, julien_Blue said:

Will a few circuit breaker be usable?

I know you dont need all of them but for example you have to pull the L 40 (Auto Exting. GND Test) Circuit Breaker out at the A320

when you do the APU fire test.

That is not part of our checklists or flow. And while I have seen a few APU fire tests done I have never seen a CB pulled. 

6 minutes ago, denn100 said:

Stupid question: Did you took the time to wonder why he is alone in the aircraft and not with a crew and pax getting ready for boarding ? Did you even understood what he was talking about ?

EDIT: I think I already know the answer to that and I too have seen many checklists done by pilots and crew while in JPS and never saw them do that. But then again, they were french pilots :ph34r:

Then stop posting those videos. As often said videos are definitely not a proof for our devs which get support from real Airbus drivers regarding things like that.

The reason as to why that CB is pulled in the video, probably has more to do with providing an extra layer of backup, as opposed to it being mandatory by Airbus.

On both the A330 and the A320, if the aircraft senses a fire in the APU on the ground, it will automatically shutdown the APU and dispense the fire agent.

However, this function is inhibited while the fire test is being done. As far as I can see, the CB needn't be pulled, as such. The mechanic in that video is probably doing it to have an extra line of defence.

While the APU and engine fire test is (also) done by the crew, per the FCOM, Airbus does not state that the CB should be pulled. In fact, I'm not even sure Airbus recommends it. If they do, I can't find it anywhere.

(Source: FCOM A330, FCTM A330)

EDIT: Oh, and trust me on this one: As a pilot, with your fancy suit, you won't want to be pulling and resetting CBs just for the fun of it on the A330, I'll leave it up to you to figure out why exactly that is... ;)