Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview

497.thumb.jpg.6daf6313f0154731329d5046751dd531.jpg

This is also an A330-300 with RR engines, G-VNYC to be precise...no brake fans. 

And this settles the case. No further follow ups to this line of discussion, please.

7 minutes ago, Bonesie85 said:

Will the Aerosoft A330 include an MRTT version or just the civilian models?

See:

On 10/16/2016 at 3:56 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

I doubt we'll do the MRTT version, sorry. Just too limited of a market.

On 10/3/2016 at 4:08 PM, data63 said:

most likely not, it's not finally decided but in the old thread AS stated that the MRTT and F variants are most likely not modelled as they are quite rare

Will there any enhancement of panel state save function?

Like FSLab saves fuel, engine oil, FCU and radio frequency.

It should be great to include this in coming A330 and A320 update

vor 26 Minuten, amm693 sagte:

Saving fuel and oil is something only more avanced addons do. And I don't see the need for saving the FCU setup and frequencies as the settings will be different every time you fly.

35 minutes ago, amm693 said:

Like FSLab

Maybe yes. But only after FSlabs fix theirs. A buggy save state is not desirable. ;) 

2 hours ago, amm693 said:

Are FCU and Radio frequencies stored in real bus when it goes cold and dark?

As we do not model oil use in the engines so we will for sure not store that.  Saving fuel should not be a problem.

On 3/25/2017 at 8:17 AM, Tom A320 said:

As a matter of fact, I did back then with the AXE! It took me two days sitting in the beer garden after work. :cheers_s:

If you hadn't been in the beer garden you would have accomplished the task in less than half the time.

Having said that I would have done what you did.

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Are FCU and Radio frequencies stored in real bus when it goes cold and dark?

As we do not model oil use in the engines (it is only something for the pilots when it goes wrong, never in day to day operations) we will for sure not store that.  Saving fuel should not be a problem.

So I can hope there will be advanced state saving function includes FCU and radio freq when batteries are on and fuel saving in all state?

21 hours ago, mahe said:

Would like to hear more updates on a330 .How's it going guys?

Wow I see that in this forum I got negative votes for just asking an update on the a330 . Why I can't even ask for an update ? 

We have an update every friday. Maybe people found it a bit too much when asking for another inbetween. 

20 hours ago, CRJ900 said:

After takeoff, keep the gear out. After an RTO or heavy braking on landing - wait. Not like you can turn around an A330 under 40 minutes.

Brake Temprature is less of a problem after takeoff than it is before takeoff.

Hot brakes have a worse effect on decellerating, so you'll need more runway to stop. Once a certain temprature is reached they can even become almost useless.

You woulnd't take off with the brakes above a certain temprature, thus a situation where you need to keep the gear extended for cooling of the brakes after takeoff is rather unlikely.

20 hours ago, Lotus3xiG3 said:

Just out of curiosity: How do you cool the brakes then, when they're hot? Does the aircraft do this by itself or how does it work?

Simple: Wait. That's what most airlines do with the Airbusses anyway, regardless of the actual brake temprature (unless it gets close to melting the fuseplug in the tires).

Keep in mind cooling a hot brake imposes a strong thermal stress on the brakes, therefore reducing the lifetime of the brakes a lot. Also, once in use, the brakefans cool the outer part of the brakes first. This is where the temprature sensor is located, so when using the brake fan your actual brake temprature sensed by the system will be cooler than the actual temprature in the inner part of the brake.

To prevent a takeoff with the inner part of the brakes still too hot there are temprature limits imposed on the brakes for which you may take off.

These limits are 135°C using Brakefans in the A320 and 270° (actual values could differ by some 10 or 20 degrees, I'm not 100% sure of them and don't have an FCOM here right now) if you did not use the Fans! This is a BIG difference! If you did not need to brake really harsh, then you wil likely be fine with the braketemratures after a "normal" turnaround time and will not need to use the Brake Fans at all.

Also remember that if you have carbon brakes your brake fans will blow carbon dust into the air, which can cause cancer. The groundcrew will thank you if you leave your brakefans off unless they are really required to make your turnaround!

Keep in mind that we model one type of carbon brakes (forgot the brand right now) that needs to be seriously warm to be effective. There is a lot of difference in that between types of brakes.

vor 2 Stunden , Emanuel Hagen sagte:

Brake Temprature is less of a problem after takeoff than it is before takeoff.

Hot brakes have a worse effect on decellerating, so you'll need more runway to stop. Once a certain temprature is reached they can even become almost useless.

You woulnd't take off with the brakes above a certain temprature, thus a situation where you need to keep the gear extended for cooling of the brakes after takeoff is rather unlikely.

I disagree. Modern carbon brakes function best when they are hot. Keeping the gear down and thus cooling the brakes after takeoff has nothing to do with brake effectiveness but is mainly a precautionary measure to avoid a wheel well fire, should there be a hydraulic leak near the brake assembly or in the wheel well itself.

Well, slightly disappointing that the brake fans won't be included seeing that the A320 series had 'em modelled IIRC.

I understand that the reference aircraft did not have this but maybe a future update to the A330 could have this implemented? Along with the fuel dump thingys (forgot the actual term)? Maybe as an option? 

Pretty please? *Puss in Boots eyes*

vor 26 Minuten, Poe Dameron sagte:

Well, slightly disappointing that the brake fans won't be included seeing that the A320 series had 'em modelled IIRC.

I understand that the reference aircraft did not have this but maybe a future update to the A330 could have this implemented? Along with the fuel dump thingys (forgot the actual term)? Maybe as an option? 

Pretty please? *Puss in Boots eyes*

Again, brake fans are a customer option. And why would you want them in the AS A330 when AS is not simulating the thermodynamic physics of the brake assembly? Juts to have one more button to **** with? As far as I know PMDG, for instance, simulate the thermodynamics of their braking system on the 777 and 747 and do not have any brake fans, which Boeings don't have generally, as far as I can recall (correct me if I'm wrong).

I also don't think that the A330-300 variant even has a fuel dumping option in real life. Only the A330-200 has one, as it has a center fuel tank and can thus carry more fuel. In fact, the MTOW of an A330-300 in the standard variant is 235t while the MTOW of an A330-200 is 238t. The -300 can simply carry more payload than the -200 but can carry less fuel and has a shorter range. Of course there is also the new 242t variant of the -300. The A330-800neo and A330-900neo will both have an MTOW of 242t.

So why should AS go out of their way to include an unrealistic feature that only a few customers seem to request all the time, who also have no real clue about the real aircraft?

In case there is going be a -200 expansion at some point down the road then of course you'll see a fuel jettison system on that particular model. With the -300 you'll have to burn the fuel, as in the real one. In that regard I hope they get the holding behaviour and logic right... ;)

Well I stand corrected, the -300 doesn't have fuel jettison! Thanks for correcting me. 

And yes, at least from the tropics where I'm based 99% of the A330s have brake fans installed. Well then, guess I'll have one less ECAM message to watch!

PS: one more button to screw around with would be nice heh.

9 hours ago, amm693 said:

If you are talking about simulator saves, I won't be too worried. A320 saves the cockpit state very well, and then I resume my flights mid-flight (as unrealistic as it may sound---but it is good for landing practice). So I would assume the A330 won't be too off. 

6 hours ago, mahe said:

Wow I see that in this forum I got negative votes for just asking an update on the a330 . Why I can't even ask for an update ? 

1. When you join any forum, learn the culture.

2. There is a periodic update. And there are some questions that I promise you, will get disliked. (Example - Can we do an A340 or A350 next?)

2 hours ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

Also remember that if you have carbon brakes your brake fans will blow carbon dust into the air, which can cause cancer. The groundcrew will thank you if you leave your brakefans

off unless they are really required to make your turnaround!

I take that as a confirmation that Aerosoft's products from now on will include ground staff health simulation. ;) 

4 hours ago, CRJ900 said:

I disagree. Modern carbon brakes function best when they are hot. Keeping the gear down and thus cooling the brakes after takeoff has nothing to do with brake effectiveness but is mainly a precautionary measure to avoid a wheel well fire, should there be a hydraulic leak near the brake assembly or in the wheel well itself.

Carbon brakes do still have maximum temperatures in order to ensure that it doesn't get damaged in the long run. Note that cermet brakes are much more resilient than other brake material:

7f31feef98.png

On 3/28/2017 at 11:01 PM, Tom A320 said:

And this settles the case. No further follow ups to this line of discussion, please.

Don´t understand why getting bad reputation por my last post. It was only for making clear that there are A330s which have got a break fan. My god community:(

Maybe because of ignoring what has been said before? ;)

But now definitely end of this discussion. Further posts will be deleted.

More features, more bugs, less time spent on actually getting the stuff that needs doing right - AP/FCU, FBW and FMC.

This plane has been delayed long enough, do we really need even more delays so some systems can be put in last minute and not even done right because 1 out of 500 customers think its a necessity?

(also, more systems, more VAS usage, and we all know how that goes)

It seems the devs are pretty well defined on what they will do and that's good. I like that