Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview

4 hours ago, Dudley said:  It's great, these will be really innovative products,  and really good for Airbus enthusiasts.  Other developers must be reading these forums and taking notes. 

Well three companies already have asked about an option to join this (or rather to be able to license the technology). The times of one simmer flying an airliner will soon be behind us and it can't happen fast enough.

If PMDG is one of them, I'll have to kiss the feet of every single person at Aerosoft even slightly involved with this

21 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Connected Flight Deck

Security and privacy

The CFD server does not require any identification.  There is no need to login as we do not store any user data (identifying a user).  The only data that is send to and from the server (and can be stored on the server) are the CFD data packets.  Even so, and because it is so easy, the data will be encrypted end to end. Forgetting all technical details, the CFD server works just like the weather server used in FS. You ask for weather and the server send the weather. There is no way the server can access memory outside FS, just as the weather server can’t. If the Caption has set the ‘Temporary Store’ option, the session will be stored for 14 days before being deleted. The server will most definitely not be used as a means to find pirates and will work equally well for paying customers and pirating rat bastards. To prevent this service being halted by Aerosoft’s unlikely demise (we are doing fine btw, growing all the time), the complete server code will be provided to a third independent party why will release it if we close the server.

Hello!

Will it be possible to publish the binaries in case we want to spindle up our own server? For example for the following user stories:

- Aerosoft Servers not available in the near range (for example Australia / Asia / ...)

- Keep Latency low when clients are in near range (see also above)

- Aerosoft Servers are unreachable or overloaded

Of course your servers could be used as master servers for whatever needs to be loaded in the background.

best regards,

Emmanuel

22 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Connected Flight Deck

The Connected Flight Deck (CFD from now on) allows two persons to fly an airliner together. Aerosoft feels this is very important because that is how airliners are flown. Flying one on your own is not only seriously unrealistic, it is even totally illegal in a real aircraft. Using CFD, the crew will be able to interact just as a real crew would and both parties will have access to all features of the product. CFD is fully optional. We believe it adds a lot of value but if you feel it is none of other people’s business where you fly, simply do not use it. We hope that people will quickly see the fun and practicality of using the system, even if they do not intend to fly with another person. Having somebody join you in the cockpit is just a great way of making your sim a more modern and interactive place.  And what better way to help a new pilot getting to grips with the systems or with a difficult approach?

Features (not completed list)

• It will be 100% free of charge and not used for any advertisement

• Totally transparent connection. No need to any setting of parameters in firewall or router

• Store your ongoing flight and pick it up from your own or another system later (yes, we did think of ‘Flight in the Cloud’ here)

• An optional voice channel, using highly modern compression, can be used for voice communication

• The weather, time etc will be send from the Captain system to all connected systems (navigation databases will NOT be shared)

Observer

Next to the Captain and First Officer there is a third role that can be chosen, that of Observer. In this role, your point of view is from the jump seat and you cannot interact with any of the aircraft systems, but if the Captain allows it will allow you to use the voice channel. Up to 50 observers can join a session.The observer role can be used to train people or to join friends in their flight. We also see it used as a way to simply observe other crews flying. Just start your sim, load the Airbus and see what sessions are active. When the Captain allows (aka made the session public) you can just be ‘beamed’ to the jump seat and join the flight. See the Observer option to ‘stream’ your flight. But instead of a limited video, the watchers are in the simulator with you. Of course, they will need the product itself to join.

How it is used

1. Start a session (by the Captain): Use the drop down menu option, type in a description, select [PUBLIC] or [CLOSED] and click [HOST]. That’s all. 
  2. Join a session as First Officer: Use the drop down menu to select a session and select [JOIN AS FIRST OFFICER].  The Captain will need to confirm. That’s all, no IP addresses to enter to rules to enter in your router.

3. Join a session as observer: Use the drop down menu, select [JOIN AS OBSERVER]. This is only possible for public sessions.

Network, FPS and VAS

Not an issue. The code is not even close to a megabyte, all processes run by cores not actively used by FS and the amount of data so small it will not even make a blip on your internet connection. Using the build in voice option will increase the needed bandwidth of course. In our tests the delay of using a server instead of a (less secure) direct connection is not an issue.

IVAO and VATSIM 100% compatible, can be run at the same time. If IVAO or VATSIM would like to use any of the data from a public session they are free to do so. In the past, we have seen that both organizations strongly promote two person cockpits. CFD is not intended in any way as a new ‘network’ it is just a way to fly realistically in our Airbus and CRJ projects.

Security and privacy

The CFD server does not require any identification.  There is no need to login as we do not store any user data (identifying a user).  The only data that is send to and from the server (and can be stored on the server) are the CFD data packets.  Even so, and because it is so easy, the data will be encrypted end to end. Forgetting all technical details, the CFD server works just like the weather server used in FS. You ask for weather and the server send the weather. There is no way the server can access memory outside FS, just as the weather server can’t. If the Caption has set the ‘Temporary Store’ option, the session will be stored for 14 days before being deleted. The server will most definitely not be used as a means to find pirates and will work equally well for paying customers and pirating rat bastards. To prevent this service being halted by Aerosoft’s unlikely demise (we are doing fine btw, growing all the time), the complete server code will be provided to a third independent party why will release it if we close the server.

Licensing

This technology can be licensed, just contact us. In fact it has been licensed already.

All these Features are really good but Most people would be even more happy abou this A330 Project if yous made a GE-6 Engine Variant and the other Aircract Variant -300

2 hours ago, cloadmcally said:

If PMDG is one of them, I'll have to kiss the feet of every single person at Aerosoft even slightly involved with this

Well, a beer will do fine. We do appreciate the sentiment however!

14 hours ago, Emmanuel Kurz said:

Will it be possible to publish the binaries in case we want to spindle up our own server? For example for the following user stories:

- Aerosoft Servers not available in the near range (for example Australia / Asia / ...)

- Keep Latency low when clients are in near range (see also above)

- Aerosoft Servers are unreachable or overloaded

While we are not against the idea to make these files available (as said when we are unable to host them they will be made freeware) we do not think multiple servers (not sharing data) will be a good idea. Let me explain. I am writing this reply on a widescreen monitor. Now it is 19:01 local and after 18:00 I normally have some TV running on my screen to catch up on the silly things Trump is doing. Heck just show you my desktop:

desktop.jpg

Okay not CNN but According to Jim, one of my favorite comedies as long as I do not have to actually watch it (like with TBB). The WX picture is a sample of how silly it can look when you are using raw weather data and not how FS interpretes it.

But what I hope to do in a few months is to start P3D (v4?) and select a A330 flight in the CFD menu. It will instantly put me on the jumpseat of a ongoing flight (keep in mind there can be 50 observers in any flight). If there is no First Officer and I have some time I might ask the captain if he'll accept me. Knowing myself I probably just want to lurk and follow the flight from a observer point of view. But it will NOT be a video stream. I will be in the sim, can select viewpoints, see what I want to see, talk to the crew, if they miss something I will be able to assist. When the flight has landed I will simply open the CFD menu and select another flight I want to follow. At a some point I will be confident enough to offer a captain my services as a first officer. But if we have private servers part of that is gone, you will have less flights to choose from. 

And that is exactly what we are hoping to achieve with CFD in the Airbus and CRJ.  Simmers helping simmers. Thats is why we hope that EVERYBODY flying our busses or CRJ will activate CFD even if they do not need a  FO. It's about making other people flights more fun.

And I'll drop According to Jim for that in a heartbeat. 

I love this idea of observers being able to join the flight crew if the FO is away. Think of the possibility's! Specially at some Virtual Airlines! We might finally be able to simulate crew rest breaks WITHOUT endangering the lives of 200+ people ;) Is the FO able to leave and act as an observer? Would it be possible to password protect a session? I am assuming now that this is server side, we do not need to worry about "CFD groups"?

56 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

But what I hope to do in a few months is to start P3D (v4?) and select a A330 flight in the CFD menu. It will instantly put me on the jumpseat of a ongoing flight (keep in mind there can be 50 observers in any flight). If there is no First Officer and I have some time I might ask the captain if he'll accept me. [...]

And that is exactly what we are hoping to achieve with CFD in the Airbus and CRJ.  Simmers helping simmers. [...]

Ok I see you have a higher goal in mind, then own servers will not much make sense.

I am not sure if I would like to jump anyone on my FO seat I don't know. Sure they can watch but for this I have Twitch and addionally I would let them on the Jump Seat. However I hope this works out.

But I am more interested if you are happy with your Sonos as I am (2x Play:1) :D

best regards,
Emmanuel

P.S: For the monitor 4K if you have good eyes, more productive I heard ... at least I can overview my multiple Jetbrains IDEs at once ...

On 18.2.2017 at 21:39, amahran sagte:

I'd contest that. The current busses' Mode C switch (the thing that goes from STBY to TA/RA) doesn't actually integrate with vPilot's transponder, so I would have to set the transponder in both the simulator and on the vPilot window. I'm recommending they link the two so I don't have to set two transponders to Mode C...and there's the added benefit of not having to switch windows just before departure/taxi.

You can control the Squawk Modes in the FSX/Menu bar/Add-ons and run FSX in fullscreen without switching windows... But you must be commected!

Now to you, Aerosoft: This news are incredible and I'm really looking forward to this aircraft! You are definetily doing a very great job and I'm sure it will be that good as your A320 family is or even better... Guys, keep pushing!

This is great.

I hope that this will come to X-plane sometime in the near (?) future alongside more Aerosoft greatness.

5 hours ago, Lennart1948 said:

I guess I'm getting poor this year... :(

Airbus 20/21/30 2017

P3D V4

CRJ and Chaseplane for me, including some airports! 
I'm gonna be poorer than you, but this year promises to be the best for Flight Simulator in quite some time. :D I'm all giddy! 

46 minutes ago, DrStrangepool said:

CRJ and Chaseplane for me, including some airports! 
I'm gonna be poorer than you, but this year promises to be the best for Flight Simulator in quite some time. :D I'm all giddy! 

Does anyone have a link to the news of a new airbus 320/321. never heard of this before.

Is this gonna by a new product i have to buy cause I just recently bought the airbus a3xx's last month.....

11 hours ago, Tom A320 said:

The SP4 was renamed/canceled in the meantime. There will be a complete new product version:

• Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319 (2017)
  • Aerosoft Airbus A320/A321 (2017)
  • Aerosoft Airbus A330 (2017)

All these products will contain the new CFD. 

So, if it is going to be released as a new product, that means a re-purchase, even for current users? Or will it be available with a deal for upgrade?

3 hours ago, Whatsaplane said:

So, if it is going to be released as a new product, that means a re-purchase, even for current users? Or will it be available with a deal for upgrade?

I'm faily certain, that they will be a discount/upgrade offer for current Airbus owners.

Actually a simple search, could have provided an answer.

Cheers!

Mathijs,

if you made a mistake you should take responsibility instead of censoring the forums, which is far worse and not acceptable for me as a costumer!

The article on fselite.net will stay online anyway.

By the way you should really do better photoshop work...

Kindest regards,

Daniel

If you can't live with the fact that we decide what is welcome on these forums that is more a problem for you then it is for us. These are NOT public forums, but part of our marketing. We remove messages that are off topic (as they were in this case) daily.  If you call that censoring so be it, you agreed to that when you signed up for the forum remember?

I got no problem what so ever with the article on FSElite btw. 

6 hours ago, KingMusjo said:

I'm faily certain, that they will be a discount/upgrade offer for current Airbus owners.

Actually a simple search, could have provided an answer.

Cheers!

As always you will never pay more then once for the same files. So if 50% stays the same the you get a 50% discount.

Woow such a beautiful work can't wait to be done and finally proceed my very 1st flight :D  Can we also expect mentioned EFB on the A330 A/C ??

16 minutes ago, luky321 said:

Woow such a beautiful work can't wait to be done and finally proceed my very 1st flight :D  Can we also expect mentioned EFB on the A330 A/C ??

My first real flight on an A330-300RR (Philippine Airlines) was from OEDF (Dammam) to RPLL (Manila) in October 2014.

there I met my wife for the first time :wub:

I'm really very anxious to remake that flight on the simulator and reminisce. and I'm sure I will enjoy with a product that goooood.

thanx Aerosoft team for the amazing work

god bless you all. 

1 hour ago, luky321 said:

We have just asked people on these forums how interest was in that. Clearly it was not very high, but it is something we are still keeping an open mind on. The main problem is that charts simply do not work on a screen this small.

What improvements are we going to see in the FO and Checklist system?  There hasn't been much said about this yet.

Vor 1 Stunde, Mathijs Kok sagte:

We have just asked people on these forums how interest was in that. Clearly it was not very high, but it is something we are still keeping an open mind on. The main problem is that charts simply do not work on a screen this small.

Jup, what would be if you go for a popup window for charts? If you open the chart category and click on the corresponding chart, a 2D window will pop up...

15 minutes ago, Lotus3xiG3 said:

Jup, what would be if you go for a popup window for charts? If you open the chart category and click on the corresponding chart, a 2D window will pop up...

That did not seem a popular option. Most people said they prefered it on a tablet.

1 hour ago, Dudley said:

What improvements are we going to see in the FO and Checklist system?  There hasn't been much said about this yet.

We have asked about that people wanted to see new in it and not a lot was mentioned. We do have a few ideas though.

2 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

That did not seem a popular option. Most people said they prefered it on a tablet.

What If we could zoom in and out on the virtual tablet and drag the charts around? Also what If we could add our own PDFs and then open them on the EFB? Just some thoughts...

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

on a screen this small.

How big is the screen supposed/planned to be? There is always the big option like the TFDI 717 or smaller but less obstructive options.

55 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Most people said they prefered it on a tablet.

I don't want to venture too far off topic, but how about have an app for android and ios that you can link up to your aircraft and can use as an EFB for charts, for performance and other things etc..?

23 minutes ago, layth23 said:

I don't want to venture too far off topic, but how about have an app for android and ios that you can link up to your aircraft and can use as an EFB for charts, for performance and other things etc..?

NavDataPro Charts ;) 

http://www.aerosoft.com/en/fsxp3d/flight-simulator-x-steam/tools-missions/1483/navdatapro-charts-one-year-access

Windows App available, Mac OSX App available, Linus App available, Web app available, iOS App available, Android App in the making.