Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview

Just out of a matter of interest - I've only seen RR previews? What's the timeline with GE and PW?

3 hours ago, GregC said:

Just out of a matter of interest - I've only seen RR previews? What's the timeline with GE and PW?

Page one, first post has your answer.

We have had a A330 team meeting last week in Germany and I am happy to report that we seem to be on schedule. We also decided on the last open issues we had not yet decided on. For example we have already started development of CPDLC (now that VATSIM started to support it more) and AOC.  We also decided on the Connected Flight Deck (see another post on that, it's pretty exciting).

Connected Flight Deck

The Connected Flight Deck (CFD from now on) allows two persons to fly an airliner together. Aerosoft feels this is very important because that is how airliners are flown. Flying one on your own is not only seriously unrealistic, it is even totally illegal in a real aircraft. Using CFD, the crew will be able to interact just as a real crew would and both parties will have access to all features of the product. CFD is fully optional. We believe it adds a lot of value but if you feel it is none of other people’s business where you fly, simply do not use it. We hope that people will quickly see the fun and practicality of using the system, even if they do not intend to fly with another person. Having somebody join you in the cockpit is just a great way of making your sim a more modern and interactive place.  And what better way to help a new pilot getting to grips with the systems or with a difficult approach?

Features (not completed list)

• It will be 100% free of charge and not used for any advertisement

• Totally transparent connection. No need to any setting of parameters in firewall or router

• Store your ongoing flight and pick it up from your own or another system later (yes, we did think of ‘Flight in the Cloud’ here)

• An optional voice channel, using highly modern compression, can be used for voice communication

• The weather, time etc will be send from the Captain system to all connected systems (navigation databases will NOT be shared)

Observer

Next to the Captain and First Officer there is a third role that can be chosen, that of Observer. In this role, your point of view is from the jump seat and you cannot interact with any of the aircraft systems, but if the Captain allows it will allow you to use the voice channel. Up to 50 observers can join a session.The observer role can be used to train people or to join friends in their flight. We also see it used as a way to simply observe other crews flying. Just start your sim, load the Airbus and see what sessions are active. When the Captain allows (aka made the session public) you can just be ‘beamed’ to the jump seat and join the flight. See the Observer option to ‘stream’ your flight. But instead of a limited video, the watchers are in the simulator with you. Of course, they will need the product itself to join.

How it is used

1. Start a session (by the Captain): Use the drop down menu option, type in a description, select [PUBLIC] or [CLOSED] and click [HOST]. That’s all. 
  2. Join a session as First Officer: Use the drop down menu to select a session and select [JOIN AS FIRST OFFICER].  The Captain will need to confirm. That’s all, no IP addresses to enter to rules to enter in your router.

3. Join a session as observer: Use the drop down menu, select [JOIN AS OBSERVER]. This is only possible for public sessions.

Network, FPS and VAS

Not an issue. The code is not even close to a megabyte, all processes run by cores not actively used by FS and the amount of data so small it will not even make a blip on your internet connection. Using the build in voice option will increase the needed bandwidth of course. In our tests the delay of using a server instead of a (less secure) direct connection is not an issue.

IVAO and VATSIM 100% compatible, can be run at the same time. If IVAO or VATSIM would like to use any of the data from a public session they are free to do so. In the past, we have seen that both organizations strongly promote two person cockpits. CFD is not intended in any way as a new ‘network’ it is just a way to fly realistically in our Airbus and CRJ projects.

Security and privacy

The CFD server does not require any identification.  There is no need to login as we do not store any user data (identifying a user).  The only data that is send to and from the server (and can be stored on the server) are the CFD data packets.  Even so, and because it is so easy, the data will be encrypted end to end. Forgetting all technical details, the CFD server works just like the weather server used in FS. You ask for weather and the server send the weather. There is no way the server can access memory outside FS, just as the weather server can’t. If the Caption has set the ‘Temporary Store’ option, the session will be stored for 14 days before being deleted. The server will most definitely not be used as a means to find pirates and will work equally well for paying customers and pirating rat bastards. To prevent this service being halted by Aerosoft’s unlikely demise (we are doing fine btw, growing all the time), the complete server code will be provided to a third independent party why will release it if we close the server.

Licensing

This technology can be licensed, just contact us. In fact it has been licensed already.

17 hours ago, Geddy_2112 said:

Then there's something wrong somewhere, Mine has worked since day one. Perhaps you haven't integrated it yet. 

Oh, so you DO need a registered FSUIPC installation. That would explain it.

Mind = Blown.

Hats off to Aerosoft. Other developers should take an example from you. 

No more port forwarding, no more messing around with firewall settings, no more lost connection issues, no more desync, no more hassle !

If the finished thing is just half as good as the post above makes it sound like theeeeen, oh happy days :), cant wait to see it ported back to the A320.

Really great, this will make Aerosoft aircraft the most advanced on the market.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

"Flights in the Cloud" + possible, to watch random people fly around (if they allow it)

:mellow::o:mellow:

Well I guess, its time to set the bar once again higher - this time by Aerosoft.

Those features are so nice and also so innovative,that I personally wouldn't be able to dream or think about it by myself.

Really nice, Aerosoft :grouprespect_s:

Edit: Just imagine the possibilities with observer. Well known twitch streamer could for example "stream their flight" trough the sim itself :boingy_s: Of course with the 50' limit there would be a little problem for streamer with like >100 spectators but the possibilities with that are just enormous. Man, that's just great stuff...

I mean, study level sims are not THAT great are they :wub:

In all seriousness this is amazing work you are doing! If I understood this correctly, this is going to be in the CRJ, A320, and A330? Awesome! Aerosoft truly have raised the bar on Flight Simulation to a whole new level!

Just now, GroundLakeGamer said:

what is the current progress for this plane?? i am sooo hyped!

Look back 1 or 2 pages and you will see the progress on the model

1 hour ago, GroundLakeGamer said:

what is the current progress for this plane?? i am sooo hyped!

Surprisingly on schedule at this moment. The first alpha tests do not show a lot of surprises but indicate where we feel we should add more depth.

15 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Connected Flight Deck
[...]

So, do you intend to implement this new type of CFD to A320 too?

9 minutes ago, Michael21 said:

So, do you intend to implement this new type of CFD to A320 too?

I think that the idea is  to have a unified range, with similar features when we upgrade to the new A320 series. Which is scheduled  after the A330 release.  Then there is the 'mystery' aircraft which Mathijs has mentioned. Exciting times.

4 minutes ago, Dudley said:

I think that the idea is  to have a unified range, with similar features when we upgrade to the new A320 series. Which is scheduled  after the A330 release.  Then there is the 'mystery' aircraft which Mathijs has mentioned. Exciting times.

Correct. It's a complete new base for all our Airbus projects. That's why we are taking our time for it.

16 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Correct. It's a complete new base for all our Airbus projects. That's why we are taking our time for it.

It's great, these will be really innovative products,  and really good for Airbus enthusiasts.  Other developers must be reading these forums and taking notes.  It's all very well producing the most accurate add on aircraft, but they have to be fun to use.   I should be able to share a jump seat with anyone on my VA who is about, with no problem at all. Could be a squeeze with 50 on the flight deck. Will it affect the CoG?

1 hour ago, Dudley said:

It's great, these will be really innovative products,  and really good for Airbus enthusiasts.  Other developers must be reading these forums and taking notes.  It's all very well producing the most accurate add on aircraft, but they have to be fun to use.   I should be able to share a jump seat with anyone on my VA who is about, with no problem at all. Could be a squeeze with 50 on the flight deck. Will it affect the CoG?

If you squeeze 50 people into the flightdeck on a real A330 it will surely affect the CG.

One person does not really make any noticable difference however, therefore we will not implement the effect this might have on the CG. You wouldn't notice it, really.

On 2/17/2017 at 1:33 PM, Stefan Hoffmann said:

Time for a small firday update: ThrustReverser Section is now done and work is moving over to the maingearbay.

[...]

Well that was pretty quick. You keep getting better and better.

59 minutes ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

If you squeeze 50 people into the flightdeck on a real A330 it will surely affect the CG.

One person does not really make any noticable difference however, therefore we will not implement the effect this might have on the CG. You wouldn't notice it, really.

I was kidding,  I realise that even with Aerosoft we have to suspend belief .  

vor 3 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

Last year I remember the SP4 for the current A320 has been announced. Will this SP4 will include this new code, or is it reserved for the future A320?

24 minutes ago, Doughnut1621 said:

Last year I remember the SP4 for the current A320 has been announced. Will this SP4 will include this new code, or is it reserved for the future A320?

The SP4 was renamed/canceled in the meantime. There will be a complete new product version:

• Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319 (2017)
  • Aerosoft Airbus A320/A321 (2017)
  • Aerosoft Airbus A330 (2017)

All these products will contain the new CFD. 

vor 2 Minuten, Tom A320 sagte:

The SP4 was renamed/canceled in the meantime. There will be a complete new product version:

• Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319 (2017)
  • Aerosoft Airbus A320/A321 (2017)
  • Aerosoft Airbus A330 (2017)

All these products will contain the new CFD. 

Oh okay - Thank you for the response.

4 hours ago, Dudley said:

It's great, these will be really innovative products,  and really good for Airbus enthusiasts.  Other developers must be reading these forums and taking notes. 

Well three companies already have asked about an option to join this (or rather to be able to license the technology). The times of one simmer flying an airliner will soon be behind us and it can't happen fast enough.