Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview

5 minutes ago, mahe said:

hello aerosoft wanted to ask you that will there be multiplayer setup or  anything like that with the a330 like on lan as I always fly with my friend

Yes, the connected flight deck (CFD) that you might already now from the A31x/A32x busses will also be part of the A330. You will find more detailed information on the upcoming improved CFD here:

4 minutes ago, mahe said:

hello aerosoft wanted to ask you that will there be multiplayer setup or  anything like that with the a330 like on lan as I always fly with my friend

Flying the A330, you will most certainly be able to participate in Multiplayer (Steam Server, Private Servers, VATSIM, IVAO, etc.).

The A330 will also have Connected Flight Deck (a.k.a. Shared Cockpit) allowing you to share a flight in the same aircraft with a friend. 

1 hour ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Flying the A330, you will most certainly be able to participate in Multiplayer (Steam Server, Private Servers, VATSIM, IVAO, etc.).

The A330 will also have Connected Flight Deck (a.k.a. Shared Cockpit) allowing you to share a flight in the same aircraft with a friend. 

Do we get a discount if we don't have any friends?  My misses thinks flight sim is sillier than Candy Crush, and the cat thinks the only interesting thing with wings is a pigeon.

7 minutes ago, Dudley said:

Do we get a discount if we don't have any friends?  My misses thinks flight sim is sillier than Candy Crush, and the cat thinks the only interesting thing with wings is a pigeon.

Maybe the Wood Pidgeon by another well known developer team might be something for her then?

Would it be possible to skip an engine start so that the checklist can continue, I think you may know where i'm going with this as my other request was declined... :ph34r:

vor 1 hour , Andy320 sagte:

Would it be possible to skip an engine start so that the checklist can continue, I think you may know where i'm going with this as my other request was declined... :ph34r:

Agreed. A single engine taxi option would be great, since it's normal SOP at many airlines.

1 hour ago, CRJ900 said:

Agreed. A single engine taxi option would be great, since it's normal SOP at many airlines.

No noo don't use the word single engine, I've been declined twice now, I want to see if aerosoft could maybe allow the checklist to continue or skip the engine start process without causing problems. Litraully a skip function would be a dream come true B)! I'm fully aware that this subject is off topic as it relates to the A320 family, but I think... I've been a member long enough to know that the right people to agree with me on this read this preview often lol, with no intention of disrespecting this preview page :-)

You can already skip items on the checklist and start at a other point. The reason for the n-1 taxi is to have a correct rolling resistance. But both options can be implemented with ease.

2 hours ago, CRJ900 said:

Single Engine Taxi out? I know only one operator doing this and these guys do not have A330s.

Which airline would that be doing Single Engine Taxi Out?

48 minutes ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

Single Engine Taxi out? I know only one operator doing this and these guys do not have A330s.

I'm not sure how popular it is outside of the United States, but I know here in the US pretty much every airline does single engine taxis. American does it for sure with their A330s. 

1 hour ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

Turkish Airlines which is the biggest operator of 330's one of the operators that use single engine taxi procedure.

3 hours ago, phlpeo said:

You can already skip items on the checklist and start at a other point. The reason for the n-1 taxi is to have a correct rolling resistance. But both options can be implemented with ease.

I know you can skip items on the checklist but you can't skip the before engine start checklist which was what I was referring to, i'm not sure what you mean by n-1 and it's relationship to rolling resistance?

3 hours ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

We both went off topic, I believe he was referring to many airlines that operate the A320 family, BA, EasyJet, Turkish Airlines etc when time allows and conditions are right all perform single engine taxis out and in religiously.

IMG_4801.JPG

5 hours ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

iberia for sure!

Emi was talking about single engine taxi out with the A330-300 with RR engines, this being the AS A330 preview thread after all. Which airlines with this aircraft do single engine taxi out, not in, and till what weight? 

On 2/15/2017 at 11:54 AM, Copper. said:

I disagree. You will find this practiced in cockpits where laziness and housekeeping practices are poor.

Ahh well, let's just say that is your opinion against all (!) the rather experienced pilots that advise us in this project. But you will be happy to know you can just switch these animations off and not enjoy your well kept flight deck.

16 hours ago, Andy320 said:

I got that one a list somewhere. No promises but it does make sense.

vor 13 Stunden , Emanuel Hagen sagte:

As had been stated above some US and asian carriers do it. If I am not mistaken TCX do it from time to time, I will find out as I know a guy who flies the type. However, I was mainly referring to the A320 and its 2017 update. 

59 minutes ago, CRJ900 said:

As had been stated above some US and asian carriers do it. If I am not mistaken TCX do it from time to time,

I do not know US carriers with A333 RR and just saying one thinks so does not make it a fact. Do not get me wrong but we need some RW info to work with when we implement this. Our current RW A330 pilots do not do single engine taxi out with an A333 RR. 

I will find out as I know a guy who flies the type. However, I was mainly referring to the A320 and its 2017 update.

Please do but only A333 RR please. This is not the AS A320 2017 thread. 

Thanks

3 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I got that one a list somewhere. No promises but it does make sense.

Thank you Mathijs!

Gents, please.

this is the A330 preview topic. If there are detailed information about the products being released after the A330 to be given AS will open own preview topics for them.

And as this is a preview topic I would kindly like to remind you to refrain from common chit chat in here. Such posts just create noise and do not add to the topic at all.

12 minutes ago, Stefan Hoffmann said:

Time for a small firday update: ThrustReverser Section is now done and work is moving over to the maingearbay.

[...]

This is great, I thought you had said you were inside (in the virtual sense) this week though.

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

I do not know US carriers with A333 RR and just saying one thinks so does not make it a fact. Do not get me wrong but we need some RW info to work with when we implement this. Our current RW A330 pilots do not do single engine taxi out with an A333 RR. 

Please do but only A333 RR please. This is not the AS A320 2017 thread. 

Thanks

see that's what I told earlier we are giving aerosoft ideas late and when aerosoft starts working on those we shout and become impatient that the release date is passed and the project is late.

30 minutes ago, mahe said:

see that's what I told earlier we are giving aerosoft ideas late and when aerosoft starts working on those we shout and become impatient that the release date is passed and the project is late.

At the moment we are not delaying the release with new features. There are multiple development tracks whereby one dev can do additional features while another dev is still working to get his part complete. 

You are correct that there is a lot of feedback and suggestions lately. We welcome this as it gives us an idea of what you guys want. Ofcourse we can not implement every suggestion but we view them with an open mind. Wind uplink and single engine taxi out integration for the co pilot checklist are some examples of stuff we are looking into.