Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview

7 minutes ago, generale84 said:

about Wind Page; is possibile to update it direct from ASN/AS16 data, like "Uplink" function?

A forum search for wind in this topic would have brought you quickly here:

6 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Come come, let's not feed the trolls....

And I am closing the discussion on 'realism' because it goes a bit beyond the purpose of showing off the A330 development. We have a very clear idea of what we want to do and at what price level. Others companies like BlackBox aim for a bit simpler product and others like FSL aim for a much more complex and complete product. There is a market for each of these product obviously. 

I was under the impression that they (BBS) are trying to do a some what FSL level of complexity for their 330 no? Correct me if I'm wrong. 

Yes, you are wrong. Aerosoft aims a different market as FSL.

Please read through this topic to find all the details which have been given numerous times here, starting from post #1.

3 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

Yes, you are wrong. Aerosoft aims a different market as FSL.

Please read through this topic to find all the details which have been given numerous times here, starting from post #1.

Woops, sorry I didn't make it clear in my post. I meant Black Box lol

EDIT: Corrected

Speaking about cockpit lighting in one of the posts above, this is one of the things i am hoping will get some increased attention. 

Have there been made any decisions to overhaul the lighting system in the cockpit if you compare it to the A320? Thinking like, individual light switches for each panel and such.

3 minutes ago, Frederik Pedersen said:

Have there been made any decisions to overhaul the lighting system in the cockpit if you compare it to the A320? Thinking like, individual light switches for each panel and such.

Please read 2 pages back!

It would be nice if we could somehow communicate with the tower requesting take-off and landing without using an add on or if we could hear the pilot/co-pilot talking to the tower at least. That would increase the realism a bit more too I think.

23 minutes ago, Flypupsi said:
It would be nice if we could somehow communicate with the tower requesting take-off and landing without using an add on or if we could hear the pilot/co-pilot talking to the tower at least. That would increase the realism a bit more too I think.

Vatsim and ivao 

1 hour ago, Flypupsi said:

From the basic idea that is something I would really like, *but*:

Creating takeoff and landing clearances is one thing, creating everything around it is another thing though.
What if somebody taxies onto the runway while you are cleared to land by the Airbus? All these things we can't really control.

As phlpeo already suggested, for ATC you'd better fly online or use an ATC addon. They will give you the more complete experience.

1 hour ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

From the basic idea that is something I would really like, *but*:

Creating takeoff and landing clearances is one thing, creating everything around it is another thing though.
What if somebody taxies onto the runway while you are cleared to land by the Airbus? All these things we can't really control.

As phlpeo already suggested, for ATC you'd better fly online or use an ATC addon. They will give you the more complete experience.

I use Pro-ATC and you can record your own voice sets for it, a number of people already have (not me yet).  One of the guys has recorded for the ATC and also includes a voice set for the A320 series as well. So that you  don't get two different voices doing the checklists and talking to ATC - it works really well. I don't know if checklists will change for the A330, I imagine they will slightly. So I might have to do a set myself :rolleyes:.   It might be nice if voice sets were swappable from the centre MCDU. Here's a link if you use Pro-ATC  :    http://mavecreations.weebly.com/voices-for-proatcx.html

7 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

So far so good. We have a meeting with the main development team tomorrow to discuss how to move forwards.

I am no software developer  but I think the remaining steps are as follow :unsure: : more alpha testing -> initial beta testing -> extensive beta testing -> Release!!  ;) then either -> :grouprespect_s: or -> :beatcomputer_s:

2 hours ago, Griffin78 said:

I am no software developer  but I think the remaining steps are as follow :unsure: : more alpha testing -> initial beta testing -> extensive beta testing -> Release!!  ;) then either -> :grouprespect_s: or -> :beatcomputer_s:

You sir have just won the internet for the evening!

On 2/13/2017 at 1:42 PM, generale84 said:

about Wind Page; is possibile to update it direct from ASN/AS16 data, like "Uplink" function?

I doubt that. As I said so often, we prefer very much NOT to deal with 3rd party weather add-ons because the only weather that really matters for your flight is the weather that is in the sim. If the weather tool is able to send it to the sim we can pick it up (remember we have the only weather radar that is able to read the ACTUAL weather in the sim). If the weather is in the tool and not in the sim (unfortunately that does happen) it can't have any effect on your flight.

17 hours ago, Griffin78 said:

No, actually the first step right now is to decide the scope of the product to make sure it matches up well with the competition. That's what the meeting is about. 

On 2/8/2017 at 10:00 AM, Tom A320 said:

While that surely is a valid suggestion (which actually has been made several times already in the past) it wouldn't have helped in the situation I gave an answer to (the one you quoted). 

Many people are coming here, all with different interests. I can imagine that a lot of people find interest in the external modelling and therefore in the shots published by Stefan. But there are still lots of others who focus on other things. 

When trying to distill information from a topic like this one would always miss some kind of information that is super important to one user, while it is totally out of interest for another user. An example: while I like to watch the shots of Stefan, I am personally not interested at all in the external views in my simulator. My focus is on the systems. So a sort of screenshot collection wouldn't help me at all. 

It simply is the nature of a forum that information is getting scattered all around the place. In the end if I am interested in something I still have to spend some time to search and read. And although a page number of 135 looks really huge, one can very quickly scan through it completely (assuming I have never done that before). Posts of possible interest or relevance can easily be identified by focusing for example on the blue Aerosoft images in the signatures.

If I am a regular visitor (like you are) I wouldn't have this problem at all, as I know when I have been here the last time and just read the new posts from that moment on.

Again, the general idea of a "plain information" topic is not a bad one, but it will turn out not to cover everything for everyone and comes also with a certain amount of extra work. I would rather spend this time on answering questions instead of trying to distill information together which in fact is already there. 

One more thing, and this is just my very personal opinion: I find it always hard to understand that some people are soooo interested into something new, spend hours in front of their computer to maximize performance and master this highly complex hobby of ours, but complain they don't have time to read (or search). Information has never been easier to get than nowadays in human history. No need to run into libraries, no need to run into special classes at university, no need to even get up from the desk at home. But then still a few finger tips or mouse clicks are too much for some people. That really leaves me sometimes wondering how these people get to master this hobby in the first place. Again, just my personal opinion.

Hi Tom,

I'm sorry for late response, but I would like to expose my point of view (this is the last one, I promise)

My suggestion is not for answer all the questions that were asked many times in the past (and most of them are all the same).

And I agree with you when you say that it's normal that people have different interests. And my suggestion is to collect all "official" updates and informations about this project in one place (a sort of blog, like the X-Plane developer blog. I know that the X-Plane project is another matter of size, my is just an example). It's different searching for what I'm interested over hundred of pages and thousand of messages, most of them asking for "release date", "current status", "failure", "lighting", and so on.

And I know that this is the nature of a forum, so my post is a suggestion, not just a solution.

I'm not a regular visitor (as I would like to be), because there are many interesting project and many many forums that I try to follow. It's just for this reason that I made this suggestion.

And I understand your point of view (just only the problem that a dev blog could subtract resources to the develop of the A330).

So I finish, and hope that you or Mathijs will update us about the today meeting with the dev team.

Regards,

Alberto

P.S.: maybe a sort of FAQ could be helpful also at this point! 

8 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I doubt that. As I said so often, we prefer very much NOT to deal with 3rd party weather add-ons because the only weather that really matters for your flight is the weather that is in the sim. If the weather tool is able to send it to the sim we can pick it up (remember we have the only weather radar that is able to read the ACTUAL weather in the sim). If the weather is in the tool and not in the sim (unfortunately that does happen) it can't have any effect on your flight.

And I think that is the best solution!

But (and correct me if I'm wrong), the external weather engine updates the sim weather dinamically, just to turn around the limitations of the sim.
And if at a precise time, the clouds are far far away, and the weather engine does not put it into the sim, your weather radar does not see it. But, when I approach to the cloud front, the weather engine injects it into the sim, and they appear immediately.

This could be a limitation?

16 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

No, actually the first step right now is to decide the scope of the product to make sure it matches up well with the competition. That's what the meeting is about. 

In the FSX/P3D market there are only 2 commercial A330/340 offerings - the BBS version is seriously incomplete. The Wilco creaks more than my old bones,  It isn't even compatible with Win 10, which pretty much rules it out.  People may get the JarDesign, but they will have to migrate to X-Plane.  I would say you were well out in front of the field.  I want to put an A330 into the world I already have in P3D/FSX.  So, I don't think you have much competition, the only clouds are the looming 64bit sims. Nice short meeting.

1 hour ago, astolfi said:

And I think that is the best solution!

But (and correct me if I'm wrong), the external weather engine updates the sim weather dinamically, just to turn around the limitations of the sim.
And if at a precise time, the clouds are far far away, and the weather engine does not put it into the sim, your weather radar does not see it. But, when I approach to the cloud front, the weather engine injects it into the sim, and they appear immediately.

This could be a limitation?

IT only picks up percipetation. And your cloud drawing distance is what you see in your sim. As16 had alot of options regarding distances

For how long do we have to wait. Is this normal ?! How long will it takes to get the plane? Is this a PR- joke. Do you really create this plane or are these pictures from x-plane. I can't understand why aerosoft have got so many costumers. In me you lost one .

For how long do we have to wait. Is this normal ?! How long will it takes to get the plane? Is this a PR- joke. Do you really create this plane or are these pictures from x-plane. I can't understand why aerosoft have got so many costumers. In me you lost one .

vor 9 Minuten, flieger1978 sagte:

For how long do we have to wait.

Until it's ready

Is this normal ?!

Yes

How long will it takes to get the plane?

About 5 minutes from the moment it has been released.

Is this a PR- joke.

No

Do you really create this plane or are these pictures from x-plane.

Yes and No

I can't understand why aerosoft have got so many costumers.

Because they produce good quality software.

In me you lost one .

Ok

First of all: I don't care if somebody is downvoting me for my personal point of view!

The biggest question for me is: What kind of 'shit' happened to the A330 that the scheduled release in 2016 was not possible?

Honestly, I cannot believe that the A330 will be released in 2017. Maybe we have to wait only one year... maybe four years.  

I'm not waiting anymore. I gave up.