Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview

2 hours ago, TwixXiZ said:

Oh ok thank ^_^

I still had a question again in A330

Each light will be independent of its button? 

Screenshot_10.jpg

I doubt the light switches will be independent if there is no dimmable lights

3 hours ago, The Dude said:

Yep, with the first version of the Airbus the idea was to model everything on a lite level. Therefor a lot of code was done and could also be seen in the product. But it was incorrect and incomplete. As you can also see in your picture. For the next versions it was decided to hide these ECAM actions and not put anymore resources in developing them. Here the idea of just doing normal, but more realistic, SOP was born. 

Sometimes you see some of this code appear in the current product as an bug though. ;)

Thanks for explaining this! 

Was kinda surprised that they were 'missing'/left out in the Airbus.

I guess, that they're not part of the SOP, but aren't they displayed (or some of them) when parked at the gate, with engines off? (Or is the airplane clever enough to hide them? (e.g no reason to display a message that engines are off, when you're on the ground and parked at the gate)).

Will it be possible to switch on the integral lighting independently from the flood lights? For example in night flights during taxiing, take off and landing only the integrals are illuminated and in cruise the flood lights can be switched on. I know that you didn't make a decision yet about the VC lighting but if I understand correctly, in your A32X you could switch between only integral and both integral and flood lights, but then once the sim is up you only have one of those options(please correct me if that is wrong). I just wanted to know if you are going to do it like the A320 or are thinking about a different method (not talking about dimmable lights!).

vor 6 Stunden , marvic sagte:

The Answer is still  the same.........

Previews of Unreleased Products

See what Aerosoft is working on right now! Please do not ask for release dates because if we can say we would have posted it here and if we do not know we can't say. Any dates that are given should be seen as indications and not promises.

It wasn´t me, who asked ;)

vor 3 Minuten, Trevor11350 sagte:

Just out of curiosity, are any of you (the devs) considering an A330-200?

P.S A333 is looking great:)

Please use the search function, as this question was answered a thousand times already.

9 hours ago, Budlake said:

Most simmers fly for a deep interest in all things aviation, they fly for enjoyment and escapism - they escape to the challenges that their normal lives do not cater for. Very few, if any, fly for the boredom that is the modern commercial transport.

The ' another product' alluded to in this comment is highly sought after because it offers a wide selection of random failures. People buy its products because it offers additional realism. Whether some statistician considers an event might happen once in every 200,000 hours does not mean that it does not happen. Aircraft manufactures cater for ALL possible eventualities as was attested, happily with a safe outcome, when a QANTAS A380 outbound from Singapore had a catastrophic engine failure; if Airbus had not catered for half of the aircraft's hydraulics failing, or for the leading edge slats and trailing flaps on one wing becoming inoperative or for a total engine failure all at the same time then the outcome of that incident would not have been quite so happy. 

The point is that people want realism as much as they want to escape and to that end most will buy, and pay the high prices for, realism.

I would much prefer to see realism in the aircraft itself than to have pasty crumbs and newspapers scattered about the flight deck. Natural wear and tear is part of the aeroplane but evidence that flight crew have been bored, as most of us are already aware, or of what they may have eaten during the flight is not.

I am sorry to disagree with you here, our market research shows that this is not the case and our sales numbers in fact confirm it.
The "typical" simmer and customer of our (and other developers!) products is a guy who had a hard day of work and wants to relax with one or two flights in the evening witha beer and probably his children playing in the living room behind him.
Most are kept really busy with the normal procedures already and therefore use things like our copilot, FS2Crew, etc. as an aid flying the airplane.

There is with no doubt a market for those ultra realistic study level addons, but it is far smaller than the market for normal procedures addons. In fact a lot smaller which also reflects in the higher prices.

Developers of such addons do not invest 3 times the effort into creating their addons compared with ours as you might think when looking at the price. It is mainly the number of sales that makes up the price.
We can offer our Busses at a rather low pricelevel not because of less effort that goes into the development of the product, but because of the bigger customerbase that our product aims at.

You will probably not agree and that is totally fine. This product might not be something for you based on your argument. If you prefer flying airliners with a lot of abnormals there are other developers out there catering your demands. I am sure at some point there might even be an A330 that suits you. Ours will unfortunately not be that one then.

1 hour ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

I am sorry to disagree with you here, our market research shows that this is not the case and our sales numbers in fact confirm it.
The "typical" simmer and customer of our (and other developers!) products is a guy who had a hard day of work and wants to relax with one or two flights in the evening witha beer and probably his children playing in the living room behind him.
Most are kept really busy with the normal procedures already and therefore use things like our copilot, FS2Crew, etc. as an aid flying the airplane.

There is with no doubt a market for those ultra realistic study level addons, but it is far smaller than the market for normal procedures addons. In fact a lot smaller which also reflects in the higher prices.

Developers of such addons do not invest 3 times the effort into creating their addons compared with ours as you might think when looking at the price. It is mainly the number of sales that makes up the price.
We can offer our Busses at a rather low pricelevel not because of less effort that goes into the development of the product, but because of the bigger customerbase that our product aims at.

You will probably not agree and that is totally fine. This product might not be something for you based on your argument. If you prefer flying airliners with a lot of abnormals there are other developers out there catering your demands. I am sure at some point there might even be an A330 that suits you. Ours will unfortunately not be that one then.

Quite right, who wants to build the best ever Airbus for Flightsim, and then spend additional years developing so that you can make it break down, it would just be masochism!

6 hours ago, Alan_A said:

Makes sense - but not for all of us. My workday is more than challenging enough. In my (scarce) simming time, I'm happy to relax and get from point A to point B without undue excitement. Solid representation of the systems, yes. Alarms, diversions and late-night adrenaline rush, not so much. 

Oh, and before you write off modern commercial aviation as boredom, here's some recommended reading. Changed my mind, might change yours. A terrific book in any case. 

I am one that has a hard day at school and loves to come home, set up a 3 hour flight and watch it to while I'm doing my homework. It's allows me to let go of the day and just relax; something I do not get much of normally. I have all the failures disables in the PMDG and I do not plan on turning them back on. It's even a better feeling waking up Saturday morning, departing from Europe, then landing during an event Saturday evening. 

Yes I do see where some people would like failures as that floats some peoples' boats. My proposal to the devs is to not worry about including it in the initial release but continuing working on failures and releasing an addon where it adds a failure page to the third MCDU and allows for failures for those who want them. That way it would pay off for the devs, make everyone happy, and not add time or cost to the initial release. 

Just an idea but y'all know best so keep up the amazing work!!

28 minutes ago, iccowan said:

I am one that has a hard day at school and loves to come home, set up a 3 hour flight and watch it to while I'm doing my homework. It's allows me to let go of the day and just relax; something I do not get much of normally. I have all the failures disables in the PMDG and I do not plan on turning them back on. It's even a better feeling waking up Saturday morning, departing from Europe, then landing during an event Saturday evening. 

Yes I do see where some people would like failures as that floats some peoples' boats. My proposal to the devs is to not worry about including it in the initial release but continuing working on failures and releasing an addon where it adds a failure page to the third MCDU and allows for failures for those who want them. That way it would pay off for the devs, make everyone happy, and not add time or cost to the initial release. 

Just an idea but y'all know best so keep up the amazing work!!

You might just as well fly a WILCO then for the amount of realism you require!

17 minutes ago, Budlake said:

What do you mean by that?? I actually fly the same way. I have failures turned off in PMDG's aircrafts, as well. 

There are some, who doesn't care about failures, and just want to fly these magnificent aircrafts and not worry about stuff like failures.

There's no reason, to berate him, just because he's using these addons in a different way than you.

Please calm down everyone.

Aerosoft made a clear statement (and actually repeated it several times in this topic) of what you can expect from their A330, and what not.

Vor 1 Stunde, Budlake sagte:

There's a difference between "realism" (mostly defined by people who have never flown a plane or know anything about daily airline OPS but want every failure simulated just for the heck of it) and immersion / authenticity. Sure, you can perfectly have both to the highest extent, as is the case with all A2A aircraft, which of course are simple warbirds, classic airliners and GA aircraft, or the MJC Q400 (but hey, how complex is a dash, really), but you can also have a perfectly immersive experience in an addon that does not simulate failures. The AS Airbus is a great example. Combine shared cockpit or the scripted FO with IVAO/VATSIM and you'll be as close to operating an airliner in a desktop sim as you can be. I personally wish every addon had this FO option, since you can't always fly shared cockpit due to various reasons. And no, I don't really like FS2Crew. In much older addons like the wilco airliners there aren't really that many accurate systems even for normal ops, to begin with. The visuals and sounds also play a big role when it comes to immersion - those of course get better every year, as does everything else. 

To tell someone to "just fly a WILCO" because he does not want failures but an immersive and rather relaxed flight (with a reduced workload, as would be the case IRL when only doing PF tasks) is kind of rude. I think the MJC Q400 or the upcoming AS CRJ are the addons you are looking for, as those have / will have all imaginable features and "realism"... keep in mind that complex addons like the PMDG airliners or the FSL A320 do not even have shared cockpit yet, which throws any "realism" out the window, really. Doesn't mean they aren't great and immserive addons.

I had a lot of fun with the Wilco even back in the FS 2004 days, it hasn't scaled well to 2017. But it doesn't deserve ridicule.  Neither do people who fly the Aerosoft A320, safe in the knowledge that the galley microwave won't catch fire.  I enjoy the Aerosoft A320 series very much and am looking forward to an A330 in the same vein.   Aerosoft  produce a damn good product, at a damn good price, and provide top quality support - other developers could learn a lesson.  To provide all the failures in the system,  would take years more to program and would be reflected in the price.  

20 hours ago, Lennart1948 said:

Hey Mathijs I was wondering if you could give us a time span in which we can expect it 

Greetings

This week we are having strategy meetings (so do not expect a lot of us online) and we'll discuss schedules at that time. The A330 development is fully on schedule at this moment and the main discussion point is how much we are adding, For example today we discussed the AOC pages of the MCDU and what we could do with the DCDU.  

Of course in the background we are talking to Lockheed and Dovetails because their release plans will be majorly important this year. 

20 hours ago, dcda said:

It has probably been considered, but if not, it may be useful to investigate moving to GIMP for the bitmaps and texturing.  That would eliminate some licensing fees.  Of course there would be an initial "learning curve," but for the basic tasks this would be small.

The switch would also make repainting more accessible to the users.  Every time I do a repaint, my first steps are to load the photoshop files into GIMP, then adjust the layering. I continue on from there, working only with that program.  It has always been adequate for the purpose.

Sorry, nothing beats the workflow you can do in Photoshop. I have never met a professional artist who prefers GIMP.  Of course I myself, not being an artist, do not get an expensive license and use GIMP!

13 hours ago, Budlake said:

The ' another product' alluded to in this comment is highly sought after because it offers a wide selection of random failures. People buy its products because it offers additional realism.

On another note, very briefly; I tried to up flag a comment today but was advised that I can only do so once per day(?)!

As I read more than one post per day that is hardly fare or practical not only to me but to the people posting comments or to the wider forum users.

Hopefully that can be changed.

No, I do not call that realism. Realism is simulating what happens in real life right? And as we have proven most of this stuff happens once in tens of thousands, if not millions of hours. Now I do not know how much you fly, but I can say that changes that I would ever see an engine failures in  the bus when using a REALISTIC setting are as close to zero as can be. We could simply say our airbus comes with a super realistic failure mode. You can expect a dual engine failure on average every 200.000.000 hours. Because that is what the real aircraft has shown so far. 

What FSL simulates is an aircraft as good as possible (though they seem to remove more and more and what is left in non standard ops and emergencies is not very correct as real pilots have said). They are doing a fine job, but when you use it with failures you are simulating a sim ride (that pilots use to train for emergencies) not a standard Munich to Toulouse flight. That is simply a very different product than what we have in mind! 

Now clearly there is a big market for what FSL does, and it is a fine product. But when you activate the failure mode you are flying a ticking time bomb, no pilot would ever even dream of taking of in one of those. I understand the appeal, don't get me wrong, but for realism I feel that using our Connected Flight Deck is far more important. You simply do not fly and airliner on your own, it is a team, effort and it is high time simmers start to understand crew management. 

13 hours ago, captrem said:

I know it is not the purpose of Aerosoft to model emergency I understand and support this, however if you guys ever choose to model one, I would really like to have the engine failure after V1. Just saying...

Okay, then you are asking us to simulate something that simply has NEVER happened in real life. Not one time in over 200.000.000 hours of A320 block time. I understand why you want it, don't get me wrong, but it has simply very little to do with actual flying. It has a lot to do with flight training and we always said that that was something that does not interests us much.

8 hours ago, TwixXiZ said:

Oh ok thank ^_^

I still had a question again in A330

Each light will be independent of its button? 

It has been replied a few times but yes and no. There will be a few more light options, but we are not wasting a lot of effort and dozens of bitmaps to get all options. With the new sims about to be released this year all that technology will be outdated. It's also because our advisory board of busdrivers tell us what we have is pretty accurate and matches what they see. If they ever use the dimmers (not often) they try to get what we got, lol.

Or if you want a different reply, it's the difference between a $40 and a $110 product, lol.

Hello,

I love Aerosoft Airbus. Only one thing has to be done i believe. Just like default planes and PMDG planes, when you click to screens (Pfd, Nd, Ecam) has to pop up (zoom) This option will help while you are flying. Will it be done this time?

1 hour ago, Pilot Aslan said:

Hello,

I love Aerosoft Airbus. Only one thing has to be done i believe. Just like default planes and PMDG planes, when you click to screens (Pfd, Nd, Ecam) has to pop up (zoom) This option will help while you are flying. Will it be done this time?

That is currently not in the a320 so I doubt it will be in the a330

See, whilst I have no problem with Aerosofts philosophy, Aerosoft seem to think the main difference between their products, and "study level" products, is the fact that the latter has failures. This is not the case. I rarely touch failures on the "other" bus, and yet I personally enjoy it more, because of it's intricacy. With the Aerosoft, you could even fly with the fuel pumps off, with the "other bus", the fuel pumps have a small delay in turning on. So called study level aircraft simply feel more fluid, and connected. When you screw up on one of those planes, you WILL notice. That is not to say Aerosoft is wrong with their philosophy. You quickly notice most pilots are still using Aerosofts bus despite the FSL being so anticipated. I for one will have no problem flying a slightly less complex A330 across the pond. Looking forward to release! :)

1 hour ago, phlpeo said:

That is currently not in the a320 so I doubt it will be in the a330

We are not big fans of that because 2d panels show the screens in a very unrealistic way. Not with correct shading, lighting and always as if you head is 50 centimeters directly in front of the screen. A pilot would never see the screen like that. However the we do offer the MCDU as 2d panel because you need to input so much. The view bar also offer semi 2d views (with the correct lighting and shading) and if you want more the standard FSX/P3D view system offers a lot of options to make your own views. This is how I test the systems:

ManyPanels.jpg

As we said so often, the Airbus projects are NOT intended to make simulating them as easy as possible. They are intended to show you the exact views the crew sees. If you want a training simulator or a add-on intended to be used in a big rig, this is not the one you want!