Recently we have seen a lot of codes used to unlock our products being offered for discounted prices. Almost all of them are bought using stolen credit cards. These codes will all be blocked by our systems and you will have to try to get your money back from the seller, we are unable to assist in these matters. Do be very careful when you see a deal that is almost too good to be true, it probably is too good to be true.

Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview

Can't understand why pilots do this when they have a good desk in front of them unlike boeing .

mathijs_throttlepaper_thumb_png_adf56aae93952915dacb43266af9d7db.png

It is part CRM, part practical. With the papers being in the middle both pilots have access to them and everybody knows where they are. The table is used for writing (techlog), eating and the clipboard with OFP and flightdocs during MCDU inputting for example. Or the table is just stowed like it is most of the time. 

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

It is part CRM, part practical. With the papers being in the middle both pilots have access to them and everybody knows where they are. The table is used for writing, eating and

the clipboard with OFP and flightdocs during MCDU inputting for example. Or the table is just stowed like it is most of the time. 

A little off topic here, but doesn't the A380 and A350 tray tables have built in keyboards that are/can be used to operate the A350/A380 equivalent of the MCDU?

15 hours ago, generale84 said:

I don't understand why you working on things like this or the Cup of Coffee and not on a good dimmable cockpit light for example...

Because pilots almost never actually use the dimmer and the items like the coffee are FAR more visible. Keep in mind we want to simulate the work of the crew, not simulate the aircraft as such. In that aspect making the  flight deck look as realistic as possible is one of the major things for us. People are used to the clean and tidy cockpits, but you know how the cabin looks after a long flight? The mess everywhere? The fligh deck is exactly the same amazingly. From Mars bar wrapper on the floor to plastic bags full of trash. THAT is how a REAL flight deck looks.

Besides, we can expect dynamic lights in the new sims this year so we are hesitant to spend a lot of time features that are heavy on VAS. Until we get those new sims we need to be very careful. What we do has almost no impact on memory or FPS (they are only shown when high FPS is not essential, and contain no FPS easting click zones).

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Because pilots almost never actually use the dimmer and the items like the coffee are FAR more visible. Keep in mind we want to simulate the work of the crew, not simulate the aircraft as such. In that aspect making the  flight deck look as realistic as possible is one of the major things for us. People are used to the clean and tidy cockpits, but you know how the cabin looks after a long flight? The mess everywhere? The fligh deck is exactly the same amazingly. From Mars bar wrapper on the floor to plastic bags full of trash. THAT is how a REAL flight deck looks.

Besides, we can expect dynamic lights in the new sims this year so we are hesitant to spend a lot of time features that are heavy on VAS. Until we get those new sims we need to be very careful. What we do has almost no impact on memory or FPS (they are only shown when high FPS is not essential, and contain no FPS easting click zones).

I'm afraid that I have to disagree;  we as customers are effectively buying a new a/c and I am sure that when a new a/c is bought or leased by an airline that it is as close to being pristine as its age will allow. It would certainly be clean and tidy.

Also, if I were an airline jockey I would not be very happy, decidedly unhappy in fact, if when I present myself to the 'office' I found it to be in a mess.

Mike

22 minutes ago, Budlake said:

I'm afraid that I have to disagree;  we as customers are effectively buying a new a/c and I am sure that when a new a/c is bought or leased by an airline that it is as close to being pristine as its age will allow. It would certainly be clean and tidy.

Also, if I were an airline jockey I would not be very happy, decidedly unhappy in fact, if when I present myself to the 'office' I found it to be in a mess.

Mike

Give it 10 flights and it'll look like we show it. Not joking here, I've been to flight decks of aircraft that were in service for just half a year and my 8 year old car still looks better.

1 minute ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

Give it 10 flights and it'll look like we show it. Not joking here, I've been to flight decks of aircraft that were in service for just half a year and my 8 year old car still looks better.

Are you talking about wear and tear or are you talking about garbage? Mathijs's comment referred to garbage..."Mars bar wrappers and plastic bags full of trash"

And then still, this will be a configuration item in the right MCDU. If someone don't want the newspaper, coffee mug and printouts between the thrust levers, it's a mouse click and they are gone.

11 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

And then still, this will be a configuration item in the right MCDU.

Middle (third) MCDU. ;) 

1 hour ago, Budlake said:

You should have a talk with some of the RW FO's then: 

IMG_0730.JPG

:)

7 hours ago, TwixXiZ said:

Yes it would be great that it is syncronized with our weather engine (Active sky / Rex ..)

We would never synchronise with a specific weather engine because we strongly believe that what you see in the cockpit should match what you see outside and what the aircraft feels. So we'll always take the weather from the sim. Now if the weather engine does everything right that will be exactly the same. However I have seen several occasions when a weather radar based on a 3rd party weather engine showed a heavy rain cloud that simply could not be found in the sim. 

43 minutes ago, Budlake said:

Are you talking about wear and tear or are you talking about garbage? Mathijs's comment referred to garbage..."Mars bar wrappers and plastic bags full of trash"

Both! Keep in mind most airlines do not allow the standard cleaning staff to clean the flight deck. 

We will however not show the amounts of dirt in the corners or the crumbs that Frank showed (lol), what we will do is make the flight deck look as much as a real one during a flight. A place where two people sit for many hours. People who eat and drink, read a newspaper and play candy crush.

I was on the flight deck of a Singapore Airlines B777 recently just before departure and I do not recognise what has been described here with that visit, it was clean and tidy. Ready for work.

32 minutes ago, The Dude said:

You should have a talk with some of the RW FO's then: 

IMG_0730.JPG

:)

Did he pop into Greggs before the flight? (If you aren't British you probably won't get this )

1 minute ago, pgreenwo said:

I do love a cheeky pasty at 30,000

It might be difficult for even Aerosoft to simulate a Greggs pasty.

1 hour ago, Budlake said:

I was on the flight deck of a Singapore Airlines B777 recently just before departure and I do not recognise what has been described here with that visit, it was clean and tidy. Ready for work.

And I bet the cabin was also pretty tidy at that time! But how did it look on arrival?

Believe me, since we have asked our befriended pilots to show us how their workplace looks we are really surprised nobody else spend a lot of time on this. Of course we knew bus pilots normally extend the tray table as soon as possible and that they do so to actually use it for stuff. We just never draw the conclusions. When we did we simply asked pilots to show us how it looked during flight and we got the images. It's even worse when the crew is just on the flight deck. Cloths, hats, papers, flight cases, sandwiches are on every possible horizontal surface. We soon decided not to do all that. lol.

But on the end, if you do not want any of these features just switch them off. Just as you can do with RAAS, Semi Intelligent Copilot, Checklists, background sounds, quick view bar etc etc etc. We just believe that we should make the flight deck look as realistic as possible and apart from the fact you are still alone (we did look again at that, but until we are on 64 bits it can't be changed) this is our representation of a working flight deck.

Inmersion stuff yes, worn out parts ok, but dirt and trash and crumbs no please!!

i am sad to see that some colleagues have no manners but I am sure this is not the majority!

I never found a cockpit in the state you describe and I only fly long haul on 330 and 350. And part of our job is to keep things tidy and clean enough because it's better to work in a neat environment and out of consideration for the next crew.

also the cleaning crew comes with a vacuum cleaner during the turnaround...

We we are going back to the coffee stains on the pedestal argument.... Aerosoft don't make this 330 a flying garbage!!

1 hour ago, Dudley said:

Did he pop into Greggs before the flight? (If you aren't British you probably won't get this )

Yep :) lol

This part of the A330 is generating lots of interest, perhaps there is sufficient interest for a spin-off title 'Cockpit Cleaner Simulator'?  Seriously, some flights on A330s are 13+hrs long, it is reasonable to assume that pilots will have had a couple of meals, snacks, drinks read a paper and many other things whilst in fllght, there will be some resulting mess inevitably.  That Aerosoft are now considering this sort of thing, indicates that development has reached an advanced stage, which is good news.  And you will be able to turn all this off in the settings, so it is a bit of a non-issue really. Mine will be turned on, it'll match my desk then.

17 hours ago, AXE4flying said:

Hi, 

Would it be too confidential for Aerosoft, to share with me which 3D Software you use to design all your aircrafts, Stefan ? 

The reason im asking for that as I currently work with numerous 3D softwares, such as 3DS Max, Solidworks, CATIA V5, Maya, Fusion 360, AutoCad and PowerMill (which is more of a CAM) and I am quite curious if you use one of the above mentioned ones.  

Whether you are able to asnwer or not, Thanks a lot ! 

P.S. I apologise for the little off-topic.

From memory, I think they use 3D Studio Max.

On 3/2/2017 at 11:01 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

After long discussions we decided on a complete feature list for the FMGS
Do compare this with competition....

Aerosoft FMGS features:

• Navigraph/NavDataPro support;
  • Flight Plan construction using procedures like SIDs, STARs, transitions, approaches;
  • Company routes, primary and alternate;
  • Complete Vertical Profile, including constraint management, managed climb and descent etc;
  • Complete Lateral Navigation modes;
  • All flight phases: Preflight, Takeoff, Climb, Cruise, Descend, Approach, Go-Around and Done;
  • Primary, TMPY, SEC, ALTN and SEC ALTN flight plans;
  • AIRWAYS management;
  • HOLD patterns;
  • DIR TO, DIR TO Radial In/Out and Abeam;
  •  Direct waypoints PD, PBD, PBPB, LatLon;Pseudo points: T/C, T/D, SpeedLim, DECEL, S/C, S/D, Level Off, ETP and more;
  • Navaids automatic and manual tuning;
  •  Accurate predictions and performance calculations: fuel/time/ALT, managed/selected/presel speed/mach;FIX INFO;
  • OFFSET path;
  • Equitime point calculation, and a time marker;
  • WINDS aloft;
  • STEP ALTS;
  • Constant Mach cruise segments;
  • Required Time of Arrival, Estimated Time of Takeoff;
  • DUAL MCDU, working independently from each other;
  • MCDU web interface;

If you feel anything major is missing or have any other comments, let us know! This is the time to have influence. In a few weeks it will be too late.

I think or hope that a fully functional ECAM ADVISORY and STATUS page is integrated and "as realistic as possible" to simulate an emergency situation or an abnormal procedure is fundamental to the crew. The details of the textures are fine, but many people expect a good A330, not just textures but simulation.