Recently we have seen a lot of codes used to unlock our products being offered for discounted prices. Almost all of them are bought using stolen credit cards. These codes will all be blocked by our systems and you will have to try to get your money back from the seller, we are unable to assist in these matters. Do be very careful when you see a deal that is almost too good to be true, it probably is too good to be true.

Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview

3 hours ago, Hightower said:

Great to see this project move forward and with so much interest. But, while all these little immersion factors are really nice to have, I just hope its not taking away from the overall foundation of the project with resources and time. IMO, having a solid functional aircraft the way AS does it best,should be priority, and all these little immersion requests can be added later in updates/SPs. Im more interested in complex systems, but perhaps the majority would rather have these immersion aspects and it helps sales. Mathijs im sure knows it best. Just my 2 cents.

I think the specfication for Aerosoft's A330 has been stated quite often by Mathijs and others..  'Anything a pilot would do on a day to day basis'   - I think that they are almost there with that, and these immersion ideas are icing on the cake.  I think these ideas make a great difference, and it is this in part which attracts so much interest in these products.  My Aerosoft Airbuses are used almost exclusively now, and I do have other payware aircraft.  I wouldn't mind betting that the A320 series is the best-selling addon aircraft by a country mile, and the A330 will be set to follow suit.  The specification that Mathijs gave for MCDU, will make it one of the most accurate available, and that includes the very expensive one. 

And here we go with the updates for this week Dudley! You did saw some post from Mathijs already of the "paperwork" which was to do for the throttle levers. Beside the wings are finished now (sigh) and the focus moved over to the thrust reverser section on the engines. It´s progressed

rather far already, only the details on the outer sides of the doors have to be added next week. There is some more complex paneling located. After that work will focus on the maingearbays. Two pictures come from FSX, the rest  (for my convinience) directly from within the 3dsoftware.

A330_SLAT_20170210_001.png

A330_SLAT_20170210_002.png

A330_SLAT_20170210_003.png

A330_SLAT_20170210_004.png

A330_SLAT_20170210_005.png

A330_SLAT_20170210_006.png

A330_SLAT_20170210_007.png

A330_SLAT_20170210_008.png

5 hours ago, nealmac said:

Why would a pilot be moving the levers at the gate?

If the pilot wants to check and make sure the thrust levers move and are not going to get stuck in place, then they would much rather check them at the gate instead of in the runway. 

5 minutes ago, Stefan Hoffmann said:

And here we go with the updates for this week Dudley! You did saw some post from Mathijs already of the "paperwork" which was to do for the throttle levers. Beside the wings are finished now (sigh) and the focus moved over to the thrust reverser section on the engines. It´s progressed

rather far already, only the details on the outer sides of the doors have to be added next week. There is some more complex paneling located. After that work will focus on the maingearbays. Two pictures come from FSX, the rest  (for my convinience) directly from within the 3dsoftware.

[...]

Looking great! Can't wait for this bird!

1 minute ago, iccowan said:

If the pilot wants to check and make sure the thrust levers move and are not going to get stuck in place, then they would much rather check them at the gate instead of in the runway.

I have never seen or heared of a pilot doing that.
There are some companies that do it with the engines running to check the TO config warning, but that's it.

An airplane isn't a 25€ gaming hardware.

6 minutes ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

I have never seen or heared of a pilot doing that.
There are some companies that do it with the engines running to check the TO config warning, but that's it.

An airplane isn't a 25€ gaming hardware.

It was more of a guess. If I can find something of a pilot doing this I will share it but most likely I will not. 

On 9/2/2017 at 3:38 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

This the last of what we will show about the immersion stuff. Techlog, OFP and such stuck between the thrust levers when on ground (before engine start) you will see that in every airbus cockpit world wide. 

mathijs_throttlepaper.png

Please note that we got strategy and developers meetings next week so updates and responses might be a bit slow.

I don't understand why you working on things like this or the Cup of Coffee and not on a good dimmable cockpit light for example...

vor 4 Minuten, generale84 sagte:

I don't understand why you working on things like this or the Cup of Coffee and not on a good dimmable cockpit light for example...

Because these things would be done anyways :)

1 hour ago, iccowan said:

It's not a general part of a cockpit flow or checklist as far as I'm aware though. Checking they are in the idle position, fair enough, but that doesn't mean they need to move them, as they should already be in the idle position from the previous flight.

Is it possible for the end user to remove "that sheet of paper" after installation? Sorry, but for me personally, this doesnt look good. 

Thx

It has just been stated yesterday in this topic that it is a simple configuration item via the right MCDU.

Hi, 

Would it be too confidential for Aerosoft, to share with me which 3D Software you use to design all your aircrafts, Stefan ? 

The reason im asking for that as I currently work with numerous 3D softwares, such as 3DS Max, Solidworks, CATIA V5, Maya, Fusion 360, AutoCad and PowerMill (which is more of a CAM) and I am quite curious if you use one of the above mentioned ones.  

Whether you are able to asnwer or not, Thanks a lot ! 

P.S. I apologise for the little off-topic.

vor 6 Stunden , generale84 sagte:

Well...  sorry guys but thats not a bad argument .

In this case you have to downvote me too ..

Good night everyone :)

Will there be extra lights for the extendable table (not sure if they are called tray table). Because at night and especially with things like the cofe cup and the newspaper, it would add to the immersion if that would be included. I don't own the Aerosoft A320 but with seeing videos on youtube, I think that isn't modeled in the a320. (Please ignore this post if this is!) Wouldn't even need to be dimmable, a simple On/Off option would be enough I think.

P.S. Really, who would read a newspaper at night without light ? :P turning the dome on sounds a bit to drastic to me :D.

A318/19/20 and A321 in version 2017 will include the 2 FMS separate with a ND (Navigation Display) separate also ?

Crikey - The tray table items are the 2017 equivalent of wing flex. 

Forget the multi MCDU, I want 2 sugars and milk damn it! :D

i was hating airbus before aerosoft airbus X due to the bad simulation from Wilco and other companies , but now i started to adore this bird after using aerosoft airbus from 2 weeks , i can't wait the new A330 and i hope to tell me when is the release date ? i can't read 133 page to understand whats happening here :) 
and what is the meaning of 2017 version of A320 ?

On 4-2-2017 at 7:59 AM, faandean said:

Is there anyway to request METAR on IVAO/Vatsim using the FMGC? or the little box thing above it?

This would be awesome. That little box above the FMGS which is empty on all the busses available for fsx/p3d.  X-plane's jardesign a320 have this feature. I think everybody would love this. Please Aerosoft implement this. See the picture i attached. Its under the clock. Can somebody please tell us what it's called. 

Rick Iltes

IMG_4357.PNG

11 minutes ago, Ehab said:

i was hating airbus before aerosoft airbus X due to the bad simulation from Wilco and other companies , but now i started to adore this bird after using aerosoft airbus from 2 weeks , i can't wait the new A330 and i hope to tell me when is the release date ? i can't read 133 page to understand whats happening here :) 
and what is the meaning of 2017 version of A320 ?

Wilco's effort is over 10 years old now, when it came out it was quite advanced.  To be fair.  Unfortunately, it doesn't work well with Win 10 or P3D.  Aerosoft's treatment is masterful.  Stefan's work is a tour de force,  

49 minutes ago, Junerick said:

This would be awesome. That little box above the FMGS which is empty on all the busses available for fsx/p3d.  X-plane's jardesign a320 have this feature. I think everybody would love this. Please Aerosoft implement this. See the picture i attached. Its under the clock. Can somebody please tell us what it's called. 

Rick Iltes

IMG_4357.PNG

+1 I've seen this in YouTube videos and would love to know what it's called and if it doesn't add too much work (not a deal breaker) it would be nice to be implemented into the Aerosoft Airbuses. 

This is called the CPDLC (Controller/Pilot Datalink Communications), yes it would be great to have it implemented on the A330 ! 

1 hour ago, miamga said:

This is called the CPDLC (Controller/Pilot Datalink Communications), yes it would be great to have it implemented on the A330 ! 

Yes it would be great that it is syncronized with our weather engine (Active sky / Rex ..)

Crikey - The tray table items are the 2017 equivalent of wing flex. 

Forget the multi MCDU, I want 2 sugars and milk damn it! [emoji3]

Hear hear

The display in the posted picture is called DCDU, Datalink Control and Display Unit, and it is used for CPDLC without needing to use the MCDU all the time. You still need the MCDU to log on to CPDLC and some other stuff though. 

We will not implement this feature like Jardesign did because we will use the MCDU for that via an ATSU (acars) menu. It is more realistic as the DCDU does not display metar information IRL. 

The DCDU will remain blank until IVAO or Vatsim have their own CPDLC code. Hopie's code will not be used btw. 

5 hours ago, coolcraft117 said:

Will there be extra lights for the extendable table (not sure if they are called tray table).

Maybe, a decision about the lights is not yet made. Dimmable lights will not be implemented though. AS aircraft products do not have dimmable lights as a design decision. This subject has come up several times already and for the time we will stick to this. One benefit of having no dimmable lights is product price and we think we have found a good balance here. 

5 hours ago, TwixXiZ said:

A318/19/20 and A321 in version 2017 will include the 2 FMS separate with a ND (Navigation Display) separate also ?

Yes