Recently we have seen a lot of codes used to unlock our products being offered for discounted prices. Almost all of them are bought using stolen credit cards. These codes will all be blocked by our systems and you will have to try to get your money back from the seller, we are unable to assist in these matters. Do be very careful when you see a deal that is almost too good to be true, it probably is too good to be true.

Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview

7 minutes ago, GlasReiniger said:

Does it come with a time compression feature?

Maybe, we got it in our list, but very far down the line. It is for sure no priority for us at the moment.

vor 2 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

e are not planning for that in this model to a great degree. We have seen other companies experiment with it but we are never impressed (if you point me to some that look good and do not cut FPS in half I'll take a look)

well i´m quite satisfied with the effect FsLabs did for this ^^ so it is possible, just saying.. :)

I still can't get over the fact how well modelled and textured the VC is! 

Regadring the immersion options - I still hope it will be optional and possible to run off in the MCDU menu. Nice idea, anyway!

4 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

But FS simply does not support that as far as I am aware. 

To clarify the ATIS question, at the larger airports there is an arrival and departure ATIS. Some examples are Atlanta and Charlotte (all the Atlanta ATISes are on liveatc). Without the multiple ATISes you would have a 3-4min ATIS and no pilot wants to listen to that. But on VATSIM it only allows a controller to have one ATIS at a time therfore in flight sim you can assume all airports are only going to have one ATIS. Being a trainee at Charlotte on VATSIM it would be nice if there would be a way implemented to allow up to 2 ATISes but that's for another discussion. 

Once again, back on topic now. 

1 hour ago, iccowan said:

But on VATSIM 

This is the key point. The AS A330 will be designed to work in a standard FSX/SE/P3D environment. We are looking at ways to implement online network options but the base here is the standalone simulator. Customers of our products that also fly online are still a large minorty. 

Speaking to those that only fly offline, Dave still has a few slots open for those who want to get to know online flying:

Vor 1 Stunde, CRJ900 sagte:

Regadring the immersion options - I still hope it will be optional and possible to run off in the MCDU menu. Nice idea, anyway!

+1

I also hope it's going to be optional, even though it's a nice idea and definitely something that would appear in the real world, I don't really need it in my FSX...

16 minutes ago, Der Flieger4 said:

+1

I also hope it's going to be optional, even though it's a nice idea and definitely something that would appear in the real world, I don't really need it in my FSX...

Ofcourse it will be optional. Like all the Right MCDU options in the current Bus. 

vor 28 Minuten, The Dude sagte:

Ofcourse it will be optional. Like all the Right MCDU options in the current Bus. 

Sounds good! :)

7 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I like it, but don't you feel that is one of these things that a fraction of customers would only do one time? I've made a note though.

Stop the press... Are you SURE there is PA IN USE message? For sure it's not on the A320 series.

PA in use is indeed a customer option as omera60 showed. It is available in flight phases 1,2,8,12,13.

For your immersion considerations it gives you awareness of what is happening at the back (the FA are doing their job in the cabin).

You would see it on the ground when the FA give the welcome PA (sometimes annoying the captain who wants to make his welcome PA but the PA is already in use and he has to wait...) and during taxi (safety instructions). 

I believe customers would use the seatbelt option more than once especially those flying with ASN or other weather engines whenever they encounter turbulence in the cruise. It actually makes you want to use the seatbelt sign more often since you know it does something. 

It also gives you a few more things to do in the cruise:

The sequence we do it in real life is (in my company): turbulence, seatbelt  sign on, start the timer, listen that the crew is making the PA (gives awareness that they start checking the cabin and responded to the seatbelt sign being on), after 3-5 minutes expect a Cabin call saying the cabin is secure. I would leave the timer running to remind me the seat belts sign is on and know for how long it is on... If you leave it too long for no reason (because you forgot!) you can expect another cabin call where they would politely ask how much longer the turbulence is going to last... (You are delaying the service and the pax need to go to the bathroom haha!) 

note: the cabin crew cannot normally  serve hot drinks while the seatbelt sign is on, so the player would have to wait if he wants to enjoy his coffee while reading the newspaper.... 

Per my knowledge in real life it is extremely hard to hear what is going on in the cabin. Obviously a volume control would be nice :) I like the idea of having multiple options for things like PA in use ECAM message.

17 minutes ago, Speedbird ATC said:

Per my knowledge in real life it is extremely hard to hear what is going on in the cabin. Obviously a volume control would be nice :) I like the idea of having multiple options for things like PA in use ECAM message.

Agreed, you really don't hear much... Just the weird sound from the electrical appliances of the front galley behind the bulkhead when it is powering up that's pretty much it for me. And this one doesn't need to be simulated really....

17 hours ago, Rihards said:

That chime is the No smoking sign going off, when gear is retracted. These days No smoking sign stays on all the time but the module for the chime is still there. You won't hear it on more modern and newer aircraft due to the fact that they haven't implemented that since all commercial  flights are No smoking flights.

Wrong, the chime goes off when the EXIT lights over the emergency exits, go on and off, upon Gear retraction and extension.

On 08/02/2017 at 11:23 PM, The Dude said:

ATIS will not be modeled. If we could we would but I have never seen it done in an add on. 

When Vatsim or IVAO implement CPDLC we will see how we can integrate it into our Bus. 

CPDLC is already in use on both VATSIM and IVAO via the hoppies network, VATSIM has no intention of implementing it's own version. It is however available via plug ins for controller clients.

It is a shame Hoppie is not widely used. Shame it appears to no longer be in development, if it was we could ask the devs to add tools to allow integration into planes!

8 minutes ago, socili said: Hmm, what will happen with the paper when i move the lever? [emoji6]

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

When the engine starts, the paper is removed by itself.

That is not what i asked [emoji6]

49 minutes ago, socili said:

That is not what i asked emoji6.png

are you going to move the thrust levers if your parked at the gate? i hope not.

46 minutes ago, phlpeo said:

What do you mean with that? Standing at the gate the pilot can move the throttle, they are not locked or anything.

12 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

What do you mean with that? Standing at the gate the pilot can move the throttle, they are not locked or anything.

well would a pilot move the throttles at the gate when loading cargo or passengers. and as you need to have hands on both levers a loadsheet between levers is not helping with that.

49 minutes ago, socili said: That is not what i asked [emoji6]

With a kid who loves to push the levers up and down next to you? This is a yes at least for me [emoji16]

39 minutes ago, phlpeo said:

well would a pilot move the throttles at the gate when loading cargo or passengers. and as you need to have hands on both levers a loadsheet between levers is not helping with that.

Why would a pilot be moving the levers at the gate?

Great to see this project move forward and with so much interest. But, while all these little immersion factors are really nice to have, I just hope its not taking away from the overall foundation of the project with resources and time. IMO, having a solid functional aircraft the way AS does it best,should be priority, and all these little immersion requests can be added later in updates/SPs. Im more interested in complex systems, but perhaps the majority would rather have these immersion aspects and it helps sales. Mathijs im sure knows it best. Just my 2 cents.

19 hours ago, captrem said:

One thing you could also do for immersion during the cruise phase:

when switching ON the seatbelt sign, a PA IN USE ecam  memo appears. Then if you press and release the PA reception knob on the Audio Control Panel you would hear the flight attendant's PA "ladies and gentleman, please observe the seatbelt sign is on......."

Just and idea...

This going to be a neat feature, I love to hear the cabin announcement as it reminds me something is happening in the cabin. Just like in FSL bus for the working PA reception knob.