Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview

4 minutes ago, francis16 said:

Hi devs,

Can i suggest, if its possible, to include a copy of the real checklist? Specifly to included on the copy of documentation. 

Cheers.

I got at least 20 different ones and no matter which we include many people will say it is wrong, lol. And as Frank said their is one for CFD flights and their is one (Air France 2014 style) in the manuals.  Besides we got a great semi intelligent checklist in the right MCDU.

5 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

First real implementation in the build, I still really like the way these objects make the flight deck a more 'lived in' place. We might need to tweak the models a bit. 

[...]

Will there be a quick easy way to clear the tray table like during descents to clean up or will this be static? I do like the idea tho adds to the immersion and looks great!

3 minutes ago, iccowan said:

Will there be a quick easy way to clear the tray table like during descents to clean up or will this be static? I do like the idea tho adds to the immersion and looks great!

A bit of negative g should clear it quickly enough. :P

Mike

vor 3 Minuten, Budlake sagte:

A bit of negative g should clear it quickly enough. :P

Mike

Of cource ;)

You also don't need cabin crew in this opinion :P

5 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

First real implementation in the build, I still really like the way these objects make the flight deck a more 'lived in' place. We might need to tweak the models a bit. 

[...]

How would these objects appear in sim? Would they pop in? ...just being curios :P:D

vor 2 Stunden , Rihards sagte:

That chime is the No smoking sign going off, when gear is retracted. These days No smoking sign stays on all the time but the module for the chime is still there. You won't hear it on more modern and newer aircraft due to the fact that they haven't implemented that since all commercial  flights are No smoking flights.

Ok good to know

10 minutes ago, coolcraft117 said:

How would these objects appear in sim? Would they pop in? ...just being curios :P:D

The follow scripts. For example the newspaper would only appear when the aircraft is well into cruise mode, but the coffee might come quickly (with effects like the door chime and the FA talking) after the seat belts sign goes off.

6 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

[...]

Initially, I was pretty "meh" about the coffee and newspaper, but after seeing this... I'm a full convert now! It really does add some nice ambiance to the cockpit. Can't wait to buy it! 

This the last of what we will show about the immersion stuff. Techlog, OFP and such stuck between the thrust levers when on ground (before engine start) you will see that in every airbus cockpit world wide. 

mathijs_throttlepaper.png

Please note that we got strategy and developers meetings next week so updates and responses might be a bit slow.

25 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

This the last of what we will show about the immersion stuff. Techlog, OFP and such stuck between the thrust levers when on ground (before engine start) you will see that in every airbus cockpit world wide. 

[...]

Please note that we got strategy and developers meetings next week so updates and responses might be a bit slow.

Hmm, what will happen with the paper when i move the lever? [emoji6]

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, socili said:

Hmm, what will happen with the paper when i move the lever? emoji6.png

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

When the engine starts, the paper is removed by itself.

41 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

And what about immersion stuff like VFX effects such as landing lights reflecting on the clouds? IMO, this example is much more "Immersive" than having a piece of paper between the thrust levers or the coffee in the table. Yes, I know that the VFX effects may hurt VAS/performance, but it's worth the question.

21 hours ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

In real life there is just one ATIS for any airport

Not that I want to start a long discussion on this issue, which does not have much to do with the A330 preview, but in the interest of ensuring that Aerosoft's staff have an accurate perception of the world they're modelling: This statement is not correct.

I've worked in EKCH TWR for 27 years now and in all that time we've had an Arrival ATIS on 122.750 MHz and a Departure ATIS on 122.850 MHz. And while I haven't done much checking on this subject with regards to other airports, I would be surprised if Copenhagen is unique in this field...

Sorry, no annoying Tapatalk signature here...

6 minutes ago, AndreMP said:

And what about immersion stuff like VFX effects such as landing lights reflecting on the clouds? IMO, this example is much more "Immersive" than having a piece of paper between the thrust levers or the coffee in the table. Yes, I know that the VFX effects may hurt VAS, but it's worth the question.

I don't think they'll model that, because a similar reason like the wingflex in the A320 family. They focus in the task of the captain. But I'm sure FSFX will make one as soon as the A330 is released! I really consider Aerosoft as one of the best companies of FS. Almost every airliner they launch is a must-have for me, lol. 

Cheers! :lol:

26 minutes ago, AndreMP said:

And what about immersion stuff like VFX effects such as landing lights reflecting on the clouds? IMO, this example is much more "Immersive" than having a piece of paper between the thrust levers or the coffee in the table. Yes, I know that the VFX effects may hurt VAS/performance, but it's worth the question.

We are not planning for that in this model to a great degree. We have seen other companies experiment with it but we are never impressed (if you point me to some that look good and do not cut FPS in half I'll take a look). But I also believe that making the cockpit look more like a workplace and not the sterile flight deck out of a brochure is more important than the off chance of seeing landing lights light up a cloud at night. Those papers are there in all aircraft at every flight. That's how the crew sees the cockpit when they do the first checklists and is simulation not exactly trying to achieve that?

Btw, to avoid a repeat, while things like this might take a fraction (say 0.2) of FPS, they do not eat memory when not shown and during the important stages of flight when you need high FPS and a lot of VAS they are never shown because they will never be there in the real aircraft during these stages. Pilots actually clean up the cockpit before landing. 

19 minutes ago, Jan Broe said:

Not that I want to start a long discussion on this issue, which does not have much to do with the A330 preview, but in the interest of ensuring that Aerosoft's staff have an accurate perception of the world they're modelling: This statement is not correct.

I've worked in EKCH TWR for 27 years now and in all that time we've had an Arrival ATIS on 122.750 MHz and a Departure ATIS on 122.850 MHz. And while I haven't done much checking on this subject with regards to other airports, I would be surprised if Copenhagen is unique in this field...

But FS simply does not support that as far as I am aware. 

28 minutes ago, TwixXiZ said:

When the engine starts, the paper is removed by itself.

If you get to the engine start checklist it will be gone, that's when the crew files it somewhere else.

Guys big thumbs up for your immersion stuff!!! I couldn't stop laughing when I saw that piece of "company approved reading material" with the coffee on the side, very realistic!! 

:)

14 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

But FS simply does not support that as far as I am aware. 

I agree! But Emi's statement was about the real life situation - hence my comment! :-)

One thing you could also do for immersion during the cruise phase:

when switching ON the seatbelt sign, a PA IN USE ecam  memo appears. Then if you press and release the PA reception knob on the Audio Control Panel you would hear the flight attendant's PA "ladies and gentleman, please observe the seatbelt sign is on......."

Just and idea...

17 minutes ago, captrem said:

when switching ON the seatbelt sign, a PA IN USE ecam  memo appears. Then if you press and release the PA reception knob on the Audio Control Panel you would hear the flight attendant's PA "ladies and gentleman, please observe the seatbelt sign is on......."

Just and idea...

I like it, but don't you feel that is one of these things that a fraction of customers would only do one time? I've made a note though.

Stop the press... Are you SURE there is PA IN USE message? For sure it's not on the A320 series.

1 hour ago, Jan Broe said:

Sorry, no annoying Tapatalk signature here...

Ok, I missed arrival and departure ATIS, yet it's still the ATIS in the sense it is meant in real life (providing weather and operational information) and not like in VATSIM/IVAO where you usually have a controller info. That's basically what I wanted to say.

21 minutes ago, captrem said:

Just and idea...

I've never seen this one in the A320, in fact did not even know it is there.
Is that something A330 specific? Do you have any pics of it?