Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview

It works indeed. But you can't get the ATIS of every ATC, EDWW_W_CTR for example does not work as it does Not fit into the scheme "XXXX / YYY". XXXX has to be replaced by an ICAO Code and YYY by "TWR", "GND" or "APP". 

8 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

The Airbus does not have VOR tracking or radial intercept,

Boss,

I've never worked directly with Airbus, and I've certainly never been on the flight deck, but according the the A320 training videos (in a few different places as I recall), a few A320 pilots on the Pprune forums, and the capability built into the Aerosoft A320, it is possible to do this - I've done it several times. Please understand that I'm not challenging you on this, I'm just confused as hell with so many sources including training videos citing this.

I can confirm that it's not possible to perform a radial intercept for a VOR Approach, but again I'm just confused over the conflicting statements/training material on VOR Navigation.

8 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Boss,

I've never worked directly with Airbus, and I've certainly never been on the flight deck, but according the the A320 training videos (in a few different places as I recall), a few A320 pilots on the Pprune forums, and the capability built into the Aerosoft A320, it is possible to do this - I've done it several times. Please understand that I'm not challenging you on this, I'm just confused as hell with so many sources including training videos citing this.

I can confirm that it's not possible to perform a radial intercept for a VOR Approach, but again I'm just confused over the conflicting statements/training material on VOR Navigation.

What exactly are your steps to do this?
I can assure you such capability is not included in our Airbus and neither it is in the real one.

It would highly surprise me if any A320 pilot said the AP is able to intercept a VOR radial.

20 minutes ago, Superbus21 said:

It works indeed. But you can't get the ATIS of every ATC, EDWW_W_CTR for example does not work as it does Not fit into the scheme "XXXX / YYY". XXXX has to be replaced by an ICAO Code and YYY by "TWR", "GND" or "APP". 

In real life there is just one ATIS for any airport and that does not belong to any certain station.
VATSIM and IVAO use the term ATIS also for controller info which you do of course not have in real life.

11 minutes ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

What exactly are your steps to do this?
I can assure you such capability is not included in our Airbus and neither it is in the real one.

It would highly surprise me if any A320 pilot said the AP is able to intercept a VOR radial.

Brother, you may have forgotten our conversation about is (I think it was about a year ago?) in which I covered the exact steps, gave you links ot the pprune forums, and we discussed the A320 Training Videos.  I think it's in a post here in the forums, I shall try to find it.

26 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I've never worked directly with Airbus, and I've certainly never been on the flight deck

If only Aerosoft had RW Airbus pilots on the team. Wouldn't that be cool, you could ask them directly. 

Oh wait, that would be me. From personal experience I can say that on Airbus aircraft from 2000 onwards this is not possible. 

Let's put this myth to bed ok. 

8 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Let's put this myth to bed ok. 

Frank,

I've always believed that open conversations, especially regarding technical or operations matters, are usually beneficial to those involved and extends to an even larger circle where forum posts are concerned. 

In this case, I've accurately reported that other pilots and references contradict the stated position (let's not kill the messenger). One of these sources are the A320 training videos which i believe were published by Airbus. Since there are different answers being provided, I merely suggest that it would be a good idea to find out why, especially since this topic has come up a number of times and is likely to do so again.  Maybe the answer lies in the block that the videos were made for, or that other pilots were referencing, but it would be nice to find out and report back to our customer base - especially since this subject does come up from time to time.

The positive in all of this is that customers are interested in learning about the Airbus, and that is another great reason to get to research this rather than merely shutting it down.

1 hour ago, Superbus21 said: The FSLabs Airbus does model this. You can enter for example "EDDF / TWR" and you will receive the ATIS of Frankfurt Tower (only tested it on IVAO).

Could you post a screenshot of that please. Thanks

Is a part of ATSU modelled system on FSL A320

Inviato dal mio GT-I9060I utilizzando Tapatalk

vor 1 hour , The Dude sagte:

Oh wait, that would be me. From personal experience I can say that on Airbus aircraft from 2000 onwards this is not possible. 

maybe you're all right and in older buses this was an option. that bird celebrated it's 30th bithday and in the 80s VOR was more important than nowadays

guys! - it's not woth arguing about that - let's all assume (and it totally true) the bus that is used by AS to model the A330 doesn't have that "feature" and therefore it's not modelled. Everybody shou be happy with that.

On 31/01/2017 at 3:51 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

Here is some good news..... we just decided to build the first alpha on feb 9th. That means that basically all functionality should be in there (and probably nothing will work, lol). But is a big step as we can then start to share it with some people for some initial tests. If you are a A330 driver and like to help out, let me know (mathijs.kok@aerosoft.com). We really only need pilots at this moment, we'll insert other people later.

Knowing the alpha build is starting tomorrow, I would like to say this.

Being able to follow an addon aircraft through it's development has been something different and generally unheard of before in our flight simulation community, I have been following this forum since April 2016 when I saw the first flight deck screenshots. I am now checking this topic daily for any new information of this wonderful flying machine.

Seeing the modelling every Friday and hearing news about the development, (especially the recent tray table news) has been very exciting. I would like to say a big congratulations & thank you to the Aerosoft team for not only providing us all with this information but also for managing to come so far in such a short space of time. 

This will be possibly the greatest year for flight simulation and I, like many many others out there will be watching very closely to these final stages of development. My final word to the devs and admins here, please do not tell us the release date, as I likely will not sleep for the nights leading up to the release. :D Keep up the amazing work!

Possibly? When it comes to narrow body's we have the 717, A320, 737 ng, 737 classic, 757, and maybe an MD80 all modeled in full for X-Plane and MSFS! For RJs we have a Avro, Q400, and will have a CRJ! For Widebody's, we have a great 777, 747, and we are hopefully also going to have an A330 AND a 787! And if you lower your standards a bit, we also have a great MD11, and two good 767s! One for each sim! I remember when I was a young'un trolling the Aerosoft forums (How do you think I got the downvotes? Yeah, sorry for all that...) I would dream of things such as "being able to walk around in my flightsim. Being able to go inside and see the airport." Guess what? NOW WE CAN DO THAT! I remember so many airports being on my wishlist, but I just never had faith they would get done. Guess what? Most of them have been done! And with 64 bit platforms looming, with P3D aimed skywards, DTFS on the horizon, XP11 becoming more and more promising, and a new kid on the block appearing: Aerofly fs2, it is my opinion that flight simulation has never been in as good of a state as it is today! The a330 will be one more building block to make Flight Simming great again!

I used to hate Airbus thinking all the FBW pilots were "lazy" but after flying the A321/320 I love Airbus now, much more so than Boeing! I remember the time I went into a Delta A330s cockpit they still had the Northwest manuals & SOPs in there, those were the good days.

If aviation had runway models and if Airbus & Boeing were girls Airbus would win every time.

First real implementation in the build, I still really like the way these objects make the flight deck a more 'lived in' place. We might need to tweak the models a bit. 

image003.jpg

vor 2 Stunden , Citation X sagte:

If aviation had runway models and if Airbus & Boeing were girls Airbus would win every time.

True ;)

Hi guys i have a tender request, i would like to know if you could simulate the cute low chime sound just after take off. I think its lovely. And adding some cabin announcement would be really cool too since you're working on the immersion aspect. thank you

vor 2 Minuten, dharynsimmer sagte:

Hi guys i have a tender request, i would like to know if you could simulate the cute low chime sound just after take off. I think its lovely. And adding some cabin announcement would be really cool too since you're working on the immersion aspect. thank you

If you have the No Smoking signs on automatic you can hear the low chime sound ;)

The cabin announcements are already implemented in the A320 so it will also be implemented in the A330

cheers :lol:

What does that chime indicate and are you sure that is not one only for the cabin and not heard on the flight deck?

I know for a fact that its heard in cabin. Not sure about the cockpit. :( but i think the pilot somehow hears it too. I will do my research on this and come back. 

That chime is the No smoking sign going off, when gear is retracted. These days No smoking sign stays on all the time but the module for the chime is still there. You won't hear it on more modern and newer aircraft due to the fact that they haven't implemented that since all commercial  flights are No smoking flights.

vor 1 minute, Rihards sagte:

That chime is the No smoking sign going off, when gear is retracted. These days No smoking sign stays on all the time but the module for the chime is still there. You won't hear it on more modern and newer aircraft due to the fact that they haven't implemented that since all commercial  flights are No smoking flights.

Last year I've flown from Graz to Mallorca with FlyNiki's A320.

The low chime tone was everytime there :/

It is still there on most planes but you can not hear it in the cockpit. An 'unrealistic' option for this would be nice yes. 

Hi devs,

Can i suggest, if its possible, to include a copy of the real checklist? Specifly to included on the copy of documentation. 

Cheers.

3 minutes ago, francis16 said:

Hi devs,

Can i suggest, if its possible, to include a copy of the real checklist? Specifly to included on the copy of documentation. 

Cheers.

A real checklist is tricky as almost every company has small differences. We included one with the AS A320 for CFD flying that works well and will also be included with the A330.