Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview

It is not a market we'll spend a lot of time on. Sorry. Keep in mind this is not a $110 product.

Further elaborating in Mathij's response, remember that this is a sub $100 product that simulates the day-to-day operations of an A330 pilot. That being said, I doubt a complex sim-deck build incorporating all the working switches and buttons would be compatible with the AS A330X as certain systems (i.e fire supression, fuses) would simply not interface with the aircraft. Also, with such a gorgeous model that Stefan is crafting I doubt you would want to spend all your time on the flight deck;) (I mean I for one, love to spend 20 plus minutes just walking around the A319 and staring at the gorgeous detail that has been put into the plane.)

1 hour ago, Poe Dameron said:

Further elaborating in Mathij's response, remember that this is a sub $100 product that simulates the day-to-day operations of an A330 pilot. That being said, I doubt a complex sim-deck build incorporating all the working switches and buttons would be compatible with the AS A330X as certain systems (i.e fire supression, fuses) would simply not interface with the aircraft. Also, with such a gorgeous model that Stefan is crafting I doubt you would want to spend all your time on the flight deck;) (I mean I for one, love to spend 20 plus minutes just walking around the A319 and staring at the gorgeous detail that has been put into the plane.)

That gives me an idea, what about a camera script ( does such a thing exist? ) that simulates the walk around check.  We  can look in all the nooks and crannys and see all Stefan's fantastic work.

29 minutes ago, Dudley said:

That gives me an idea, what about a camera script ( does such a thing exist? ) that simulates the walk around check.  We  can look in all the nooks and crannys and see all Stefan's fantastic work.

Hey that was my idea! Now when we insert it people will think it is yours! Not easy to do though.

12 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Hey that was my idea! Now when we insert it people will think it is yours! Not easy to do though.

I won't charge a royalty if you do it B) It would be unique feature though.  Can't think of any add on with a feature like that. And every pilot does it every day, more than once possibly.

vor 5 Stunden , Dudley sagte:

I won't charge a royalty if you do it B) It would be unique feature though.  Can't think of any add on with a feature like that. And every pilot does it every day, more than once possibly.

You can comfortably do all kinds of walkarounds you can imagine using ChasePlane and an xbox-like gamecontroller. I see no need for Aerosoft to include something like that in an aircraft - better focus on the aircraft itself.

7 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

It is not a market we'll spend a lot of time on. Sorry. Keep in mind this is not a $110 product.

Hi Mathijs,

Thank you for your reply, much appreciated.

What do you actually mean with the price ?  Are there such big differences between the coming A330 with his +/- known price and "the 110 $ (for me €) product" to build a home-cockpit ?  I'm absolutely not asking for an Airbus A330 build like the PMDG's, I don't need faillure simulations at all, I don't need circuit breakers, etc.  I also know that there'll be switches that are only designed without their functions but I don't care about them.  I only like to build a cockpit for doing normal flights as stated by Aerosoft with their Buses, starting from cold and dark, doing all the things as needed, making the flightplan, checking the WX, etc etc.  A few friends of mine are also flightsim minded and they like flying in a cockpit too.  This way we can do multicrew flights alive, side by side and not shared each on his own computer.  So my question is, can the coming A330 software be used for home-cockpit building ?  If it's Yes, than lucky me, if it's No, than be it.

Oh btw, are you going to Paderborn in May ?  I'll try to do my best to be there and hope to meet you in person if possible.

Best regards.

Hey I really liked Dudley's.. heh, I mean Mathjis' :) , idea of a camera script!

I don't have EZDoc cam or chase plane. I do have the old Walk&Follow and it's a pain to use. So I rarely do the walk around. And so I am missing a lot on the beautiful modelling.

EDIT:

I don't know Chase plane well so I could be wrong - but what I would like to be able to do is simply exit the cockpit/plane down the stairs, walk around the aircraft while looking everywhere, and go back inside up the stairs. I don't have any use for cameras that make me feel like a drone cam flying around the aircraft. Something like P3D's avatar mode but in first person because that's how I experience the world.

vor 32 Minuten, Kihew sagte:

I don't know Chase plane well so I could be wrong - but what I would like to be able to do is simply exit the cockpit/plane down the stairs, walk around the aircraft while looking everywhere, and go back inside up the stairs. I don't have any use for cameras that make me feel like a drone cam flying around the aircraft. Something like P3D's avatar mode but in first person because that's how I experience the world.

You can do just that with ChasePlane. If you use an xbox-like gamecontroller you can intuitively move around the aircraft (and the airport or everywhere you like) like in a first-person-game.

Hi guys, i came up with this idea. As many of us are experiencing OOMs and CTDs, it would be nice to have an easy auto-save feature build in directly in the AS A330, the idea is, that the feature could save the Flight Plan route from the MCDU, the performance data, the payload, panels and all this stuff (an auto-save would be made every 5 minutes) and after a crash you would just restart the simulator and just load the last auto-save from the MCDU. Also it could save the aircraft position by crating a P3D/FSX flight save (.fxml files) at the same time as the auto-save of the MCDU and panels. Would this be possible to add to the A330X? What are your opinions? 

problem of such "autosave" function is, that there is a lot of data to save in a modern aircraft which could/would cause stutters/pauses (as often experienced with the FSUIPC autosave)

16 minutes ago, data63 said:

problem of such "autosave" function is, that there is a lot of data to save in a modern aircraft which could/would cause stutters/pauses (as often experienced with the FSUIPC autosave)

I think I'd take a few stutters every 30 minutes or so over a CTD/OOM at the end of a long flight, especially if the autosave is toggleable.

5 hours ago, RALF9636 said:

You can comfortably do all kinds of walkarounds you can imagine using ChasePlane and an xbox-like gamecontroller. I see no need for Aerosoft to include something like that in an aircraft - better focus on the aircraft itself.

Trouble with that is, it costs almost as much as the plane just to walk around 1 plane.  I wouldn't use chaseplane or EZDoc for anything else really. Well, I might use it on the A320 as well.

2 hours ago, Davetunes said:

I think I'd take a few stutters every 30 minutes or so over a CTD/OOM at the end of a long flight, especially if the autosave is toggleable.

I'd just use the Autosave function in FSUIPC.

39 minutes ago, Dudley said:

Trouble with that is, it costs almost as much as the plane just to walk around 1 plane.  I wouldn't use chaseplane or EZDoc for anything else really. Well, I might use it on the A320 as well.

I agree, ChasePlane works great for this!

I haven't played with the P3D Avatar mode, but doesnm't this do it as well?

7 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I'd just use the Autosave function in FSUIPC.

For those who use FSUIPC, that's fantastic! For those who don't have FSUIPC, that's not possible.

3 minutes ago, Davetunes said:

For those who use FSUIPC, that's fantastic! For those who don't have FSUIPC, that's not possible.

Well, that's like saying people who walk can't ride a train, right?  I just have to object to the idea that one product can or should do everything. Next up we'll need a button on the flight deck to trigger an audio file for a flight attendant bringing coffee (oh darn it, now someone will ask for that!).

A Google search came up with a freeware Autosave... located here.  Should work in both FSX/P3D.

My very best wishes.

3 minutes ago, Davetunes said: For those who use FSUIPC, that's fantastic! For those who don't have FSUIPC, that's not possible.

Well, that's like saying people who walk can't ride a train, right?  I just have to object to the idea that one product can or should do everything. Next up we'll need a button on the flight deck to trigger an audio file for a flight attendant bringing coffee (oh darn it, now someone will ask for that!).

A Google search came up with a freeware Autosave... located here.  Should work in both FSX/P3D.

My very best wishes.

I think someone already did lol

17 hours ago, JogiBaer said:

Will the product be released yet?

Yes it will when it is ready!

Time for a small update: The wing top surfaces was covered with details this week, from wingtip to wingroot several thousands of them...

Current place of work is the wing leading edge and after that the slats, which will be shown next week.

A330_FUSELAGE_20170120_001.png

A330_FUSELAGE_20170120_002.png

A330_FUSELAGE_20170120_003.png

A330_FUSELAGE_20170120_004.png

A330_FUSELAGE_20170120_005.png

Since we are only going to have the a333, you think anyone would make a332 repaints for the a333.