Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview

5 minutes ago, TomH101 said:

Looks fantastic guys so far! nice to see that both MCDUs look functional fully, will you be planning CFD like in the A320 series?

Well if you look through the comments you would already know but hey yes there will be.

Fantastic pics of AS 330 VC...about the BBS affair...well, said that BBS vc is better then AS is like to said that sh*t is like chocolate...

Inviato dal mio GT-I9060I utilizzando Tapatalk

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Hats down For all these amazing Devs. Hopefully it will be more fps friendly than the A320 ... 

I Always had fps problems with A320 X I Would get 1-16 fps in day ! While in pmdg i get 30-45 ! I Really don't know what's the problem ! 

4 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:
BBS posted yesterday on Facebook that we have only shown renders of our Virtual Cockpit so far. That, of course, is simply not true, we have show the first in game shots many many months ago, we even shown images from inflight. They did so as response to a comment that their VC might even look better than ours. Perhaps it is, perhaps not. We'll gladly leave that decision to the viewer. But let me show some highlights from our product. It's all work in progress and please note that I use rather low color P3D settings (if you got it on your screen for 12 hours a day you tend to avoid it popping, lol).

But in any case, to set the record straight, we are far beyond the stage were can only show renders. Do watch these in full size if your monitor can handle it.

[...]

Hi,

I do have the BBS A330. My level of satisfaction with that addon? None. The last time I've flown that bird? Honestly I don't remember. I'll use it again? No.

In order to keep my A330 skills in fresh shape, I do (not very often) short flights with the JarDesign A330 for X-plane 10 as a training while the AS A330 is ready. Mathjis, following your advice from a while ago, I will not say here bad things about other developers. Perhaps other developers should adopt the same policy. The positive side? AS is having free advertising. What a coincidence that just now, when your A330 it's about to be finished, they release....an update. What they've been doing aaaaall this past time?!?!?! Anyway... And about the VC images comparison...c'mon, really??!!! Jealous BBS???

Finishing with my first sentence: I do have the BBS A330...regretfully. By the way, impressive VC screenshots. Thanks.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

• Upvote 4

Well I haven't really paid attention to BBS A330 but only seen from shots (between a released product and a WIP project) I can tell the Aerosoft version looks much better! Better visuals, details and more realistic reflection's. I've only seen shots from both version's... so.... 

Keep up the great work guys!! Thanks alot :)

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

BBS posted yesterday on Facebook that we have only shown renders of our Virtual Cockpit so far. That, of course, is simply not true, we have show the first in game shots many many months ago, we even shown images from inflight. They did so as response to a comment that their VC might even look better than ours. Perhaps it is, perhaps not. We'll gladly leave that decision to the viewer. But let me show some highlights from our product. It's all work in progress and please note that I use rather low color P3D settings (if you got it on your screen for 12 hours a day you tend to avoid it popping, lol).

But in any case, to set the record straight, we are far beyond the stage were can only show renders. Do watch these in full size if your monitor can handle it.

Mathijs, I wouldn't worry too much about what they have to say. I don't think them comparing their product to yours is even fair. I'd like for them to get the visual models fixed with respect to the incorrect tail dimensions that they acknowledge but refuse to fix on the A330-300 and A340-300 first before comparing. It's been pointed out so many times by so many people, but nothing has been done. They do not wish to alienate the repainters who modified textures with the incorrect tail dimensions; so, we get short, stubby tails. :-p

My hunch is that once you release your A330, you will overtake them in sales. They have good potential as they have more variants, but I am sure once Aerosoft realizes the success of the A330-300 and considers other variants, BBS will fall into a far far second. That's not to say their product is bad, no... but your A330 is a masterpiece. And bear in mind, your release will be a completed product. So yeah, I'll wait for the AS A330. If the AS baby-buses are a preview, then the A330 will blow us [the customers] out of the water.

• Upvote 4

If in future AS considered to make all 330/340 fleet I'm sure that BBS project will be not only overtaken, but totally buried under AS possible success!

Inviato dal mio GT-I9060I utilizzando Tapatalk

• Upvote 3

From what I've seen of the BBS VC so far it looks like complete arse; the Aerosoft one on the other hand looks really good.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Kiber said:

Wauw those are some great images Mathijs, love the window sill detail, Amazing!

But just on question are the lighting switches inverted, or is that because you are using Lufthansa standard?

Think that's just something not covered yet.

• Upvote 1

ok, enough with the PSS bashing (oops, BBS, keep thinking I'm looking at the PSS 330 for FS2004 when looking at the BBS 330 for FSX).

Aerosoft hopefully gets the word out that it's worth waiting for their product without people resorting to publicly slagging the BBS one in comparison because that's not good publicity for either company.

And yes, Mathijs posted some stunning pictures there.

• Upvote 1

Are the Navigation displays 1+2 and FMC's 1+2 going to work separately? That would be awesome.

32 minutes ago, Pablo__sk8 said:

Are the Navigation displays 1+2 and FMC's 1+2 going to work separately? That would be awesome.

It would appear that FMGC 1 and 2 are independent of each other like in the real airplane (from Mathjis' screenshots released earlier today). I am not sure with regard to the navigation displays.

Just now, PHXMD-11 said:

It would appear that FMGC 1 and 2 are independent of each other like in the real airplane (from Mathjis' screenshots released earlier today). I am not sure with regard to the navigation displays.

That's cool, like in real life :D 

15 minutes ago, walterg74 said:

Is this still set for 2016, or has the ETA been moved forward?

Oh god please don't start that.

1 minute ago, Davetunes said:

Oh god please don't start that.

Not starting anything. Made a simple yes/no question...

1 hour ago, walterg74 said:

Not starting anything. Made a simple yes/no question...

From the Previews of Unreleased Products forum banner," Please do not ask for release dates because if we can say we would have posted it here and if we do not know we can't say. Any dates that are given should be seen as indications and not promises.";)

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Herman said:

From the Previews of Unreleased Products forum banner," Please do not ask for release dates because if we can say we would have posted it here and if we do not know we can't say. Any dates that are given should be seen as indications and not promises.";)

I never asked for a specific date. This whole thread starts with Mathjis stating it will be released in 2016 "but stuff can happen". Hence since I'm not gonna read 85 pages, simply asking if the original plan still stands or if "stuff happened"...

Walter,

I don't think anyone is expecting you to read the entire thread.  But what you could do is search the thread for "update", or "release".  Reading the last page would have also helped you to get a feel for the answer to your question.

Asking for a release date, or even an approximation, after Aerosoft has made the position regarding release dates clear - we'll be told when it's ready, otherwise, please don't be the 1001st person to ask the same question.

It's not that we don't mind answering questions, but anyone would get testy if they had to answer the exact same question day after day after the answer has been provided.

My best wishes to you.

• Upvote 4

Like Aerosoft in the products they offer you the product, along with all you need do not offer you a single product
This is something that we thank him Aerosoft .. 
I am confident that the quality of their products

thank you Aerosoft :rolleyes: