Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview

Guys, can someone say me if this aircraft will be launched with the Fuel Planner, like A320? This tool is very precise and accurate! I read in somewhere this tool is a non-aerosoft mod, but come with the A320 installation, this is true? 

Sry for my english

18 minutes ago, blackbird971 said:

Actually that is not true, mainly light hitting you head on is a daily thing and I've seen more pilots wearing sunglasses because of that then actually using shaders. Why ? Beacause it's cooler that way ;)

On a more serious note, I can't say why, but from what've seen in real life, most pilots have sunglasses and leaves the shaders to does who did not come prepared.
Yes, that last part was a joke :)

Cheers

indeed but its a nice feature to have for the ND and the shaders not just the front but the shaders at the side windows too.. :) 

vor 16 Minuten, Hiagox sagte:

Guys, can someone say me if this aircraft will be launched with the Fuel Planner, like A320? This tool is very precise and accurate! I read in somewhere this tool is a non-aerosoft mod, but come with the A320 installation, this is true? 

Sry for my english

Jep it will be.

Every Feature of the A320 will be included in the A330.

lg

Julien

2 hours ago, julien_Blue said:

Jep it will be.

Every Feature of the A320 will be included in the A330.

lg

Julien

So Company route editor will be included! Oooh jesus! How not love this aircraft? :wub:

My goal is to get to a solid product, sellable at a sub $50 price that is better than any other A330 (okay, that's not too hard, lol). If that is 2016, great, if it is 2017, fine.

By all means, take your time! If your developers want to add in extra features, screw the expected release date and create a worthwhile product! I'd rather have an amazing A330 that is 6 months overdue than a terrible one released next week.

13 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I am sorry but for 90% of professional projects we are not allowed to share a lot of information. I know it sounds evasive but so are those contracts. However, if you are taking any aviation related course on a US university you got a good chance of using our Airbus in some stage. It's a major market for us. If you are a commercial pilot training on sims made by the bigger companies you will be almost surely land on airports that were supplied by us (and yes, they look better in FSX most of the time).

The professional market is important for us. Many scenery projects would never be done if it were not for the option to sell the files professionally. For aircraft this has been slower to start but our F-16, Twin Otter and airbusses are all used non commercially. The CRJ will be for sure the next as interest in that is high.

I can attest to Mathias' statement.  The professional flight simulators my airline rents for pilot/maintenance training has several Aerosoft Airports in the database.  Oh by the way, the simulator rental can be upwards to $5,000 USD per hour for two students.  $50 for a copy of the Airbus Bundle or the A330 is bargain in comparison for us Home Flight Simmers.     

Interesting. How does Aerosoft decide which airport will be modeled next? I always assumed it was a matter of how likely flight simmers are to buy it, or because one of your developers made it as a work of love, but maybe commercial demand is a factor as well.

Peter

Hello Peter,

this is the A330 Preview topic. If you have off-topic questions you are always welcome to ask them, but please open another topic for that. Thank you.

vor 8 Minuten, jd4pm sagte:

Can I put this in my Christmas wish list...:boingy_s:

Yes. Maybe in the one of 2016, for sure in that of 2017. (Santa Claus told me ;))

13 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Wow, I'm surprised this is even a target for December this year.   Even though the development is coming along faster than any other I have ever seen here, are you even really that close?  I was anticipating middle of next year at the earliest.  Good news if you pull it off.

Now that we have another update on release date and in-flight previews, what we need now is external model previews. We've got to see only parts of the plane and it did look extremely detailed, it would be nice to see a full external model of the plane. The cockpit looked awesome and I bet the fuselage would too. I am very much looking forward to see the external model.

3 hours ago, francispatt said:

hi @Mathijs Kok

I just want to ask if we can adjust separately the floodlights and integral light?

Thanks

I don't think so. We discussed this extensively internally with our advisory pilots. Without an exception they said they hardly touch it.

5 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I don't think so. We discussed this extensively internally with our advisory pilots. Without an exception they said they hardly touch it.

please do because some people may light not like the preset and would like to dim each one slighty if they want :)

6 minutes ago, Dean_johnston said:

please do because some people may light not like the preset and would like to dim each one slighty if they want :)

Please keep the price range in mind Aerosoft targets the A330 for. This simply prevents each and every feature wish to be implemented. Especially if the advisory pilots say, that they hardly touch it. The main focus of all Aerosoft airbuses is on SOP. Only by doing so it is possible to keep the price as low as it is.

1 hour ago, Dean_johnston said:

Yes, I understand. But as FS does not have 'real' lights it means you have to make bitmaps for the whole cockpit with the light level you want. That's complex and has limitations (it still does not allow you to mix lights) so we always decide not to mess with it. That would not be acceptable for a product three times the price, I feel it is a acceptable choice for us. The moment the sim gets real lights (and P3D might soon) we'll of course implement it. Not now however.

49 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

The moment the sim gets real lights (and P3D might soon) we'll of course implement it. 

Would that be the 'physical based rendering' everyone keeps talking about?   I hope this does happen for P3D sooner rather than later.

vor 18 Minuten, ErichB sagte:

Would that be the 'physical based rendering' everyone keeps talking about?   I hope this does happen for P3D sooner rather than later.

That is thought for more photorealistic materials in realtime situations and what the modern games engines mostly use nowadays. For the interactive lights you would wish a daytexture and multiple night-textures which are shown when certain knob actions are done and then mixed to one resulting picture; such a thing we are also looking for, not

the performance and work intensive "hacks" for FSX, which are sometimes used today for that. How told, in modern games engines that is the most normal thing in the world, but any new flightsim basing on former FSX code needs some overhaul to get that doing. Our requests are known...we press thumbs too for a change in the coming versions....

So since Mathjis is the CEO of Aerosoft that makes him the dad of the A330 then who is the mom?

There is so many engineers working on this project XD

And don't forget they got a freaking real A330 in the hangar!