Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview

7 hours ago, Malzabin said:

That's kind of why I personally promote doing open betas. Now I know that it isn't Aerosoft's usual route. But an open beta will probably limit the amount of hotfixes needed after the initial release due to all the different users using different hardware/software specs and reporting any issues to AS. That would probably also mean a further delay in the release, though. But hey, we all want a great aircraft to fly. (Either way I am positive AS will deliver a great aircraft)

Obviously I'm just another crazed AS fanatic, so don't mind me. :blink:

Doing an open beta in a community with just a few thousand potential customers is something very hard though. You'd loose almost all paying customers as they got the beta for free already (and thus deserved getting the addon for free).
Doing a paid beta is just not our style and we do not feel right doing that.

Sorting out all issues in a beta is impossible, even for those companies doing 100€+ products and even for major companies like Microsoft, etc. Just look at all the patches coming out for Windows even years after release.

14 hours ago, Citation X said:

No promises ;)

Will the HGW variant be modeled? To my knowledge sadly Airbus never built the HGW variant though it would be super useful for those high-cap long range flights.

If you want any version that even Airbus did not build just wait for the final product and then edit the aircraft.cfg file to change whatever you want changed.

Nothing "unrealistic" about doing that anymore then since there is no real counterpart ;)

9 hours ago, Carey said:

I am up to the eyes with rushed market products, which inevitably involve "patches & fixes".

Question: Do you schedule the development with some sort of "critical path" ?

Aerosoft will do a thorough job. They have been in this businesses for ages, and they know everything about testing and testing and testing, before releasing. If you were a CRJ fan, you would understand. 

The one thing that bugged me on the A320 is how fast the cargo doors open/close. Will you include realistic timing of the opening and closing of the cargo doors?

43 minutes ago, HazzaBazzaGazza said:

The one thing that bugged me on the A320 is how fast the cargo doors open/close. Will you include realistic timing of the opening and closing of the cargo doors?

That speed is totally depending on the amount of pressure in the systems. The speed we use was based on our own video's of that so it is accurate in that aspect. But we can slow it down if people think it is not realistic.

7 hours ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

If you want any version that even Airbus did not build just wait for the final product and then edit the aircraft.cfg file to change whatever you want changed.

Nothing "unrealistic" about doing that anymore then since there is no real counterpart ;)

Always shocked my why Airbus didn't build the HGW it would have been very economical (although it would need higher rated engines though).

27 minutes ago, Citation X said:

Always shocked my why Airbus didn't build the HGW it would have been very economical (although it would need higher rated engines though).

It only added 3% more load (up to 240 tons) and a bit more range and was intended to have the same three engine types. There simply was no customer found that an attractive proposal.

5 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

That speed is totally depending on the amount of pressure in the systems. The speed we use was based on our own video's of that so it is accurate in that aspect. But we can slow it down if people think it is not realistic.

By systems you mean the hydraulic that opens the door? I thought it was mechanically manually operated or is the door to heavy that it need hydraulic assistance?

1 hour ago, Citation X said:

By systems you mean the hydraulic that opens the door? I thought it was mechanically manually operated or is the door to heavy that it need hydraulic assistance?

Aircraft doors are very heavy so they are assisted by electric motors or hydraulic pumps depending on A/C type

Quick question... if you know your way around the stupid and utterly buggy effects system and would like do some work (paid of course) for the A330, drop me a mail at Mathijs.kok@aerosoft.com.

On September 7, 2016 at 8:11 AM, The Dude said:

Nah, we first want to see every question asked a minimum of four times before we consider releasing. ;)

I want to hear the A330 release day parade spool up

@Mathjis: I have never seen a fast like Cargo Door like the AS one. They usually need their time. Comparable with PMDG 777. A bit faster though. You know you can trust me ;) 

We have overall 3000psi delivered by the YELLOW HYD SYS in the 320 and 330 Fam and with nothing going to FCTL (shedded by LEAK MEASUREMENT VALVES). A320 has two little actuators [P =  F x A] and a steady stroke with a small area of circle with a given force lowers the force. two actuators with the same amount of P(ressure) are driving with the same speed, therefore not fasten up with the additional amount af actuators.

The 330 has only one (but bigger stroke diameter) Actuator and produces more force to move the larger door (more weight) and therefore needs more time for the full open sequence. In case of ELEC Pump inop you still can mechanically hydraulically open the DOORS by means of a handpump but you dont want that, or do you want to sweat your floods out after one door?.

Ever wondered the shrieking sound during CARGO opening/closing? That was the ELEC Pump. Gets my award of the most annoying noises out there. Right before Brake Fans and PTU's...

7 hours ago, Citation X said:

I want to hear the A330 release day parade spool up

Now, how many times was that? :lol:

4 hours ago, Wackenopfer said:

@Mathjis: I have never seen a fast like Cargo Door like the AS one. They usually need their time. Comparable with PMDG 777. A bit faster though. You know you can trust me ;) 

We have overall 3000psi delivered by the YELLOW HYD SYS in the 320 and 330 Fam and with nothing going to FCTL (shedded by LEAK MEASUREMENT VALVES). A320 has two little actuators [P =  F x A] and a steady stroke with a small area of circle with a given force lowers the force. two actuators with the same amount of P(ressure) are driving with the same speed, therefore not fasten up with the additional amount af actuators.

The 330 has only one (but bigger stroke diameter) Actuator and produces more force to move the larger door (more weight) and therefore needs more time for the full open sequence. In case of ELEC Pump inop you still can mechanically hydraulically open the DOORS by means of a handpump but you dont want that, or do you want to sweat your floods out after one door?.

Ever wondered the shrieking sound during CARGO opening/closing? That was the ELEC Pump. Gets my award of the most annoying noises out there. Right before Brake Fans and PTU's...

As always - on the spot, with an excellent post! ^_^

Small friday update: After a small sidestep task, work continues well on the A330 texturing preparations. Thats really another caliber than to texture a smaller airliner. But most stuff has been done and hopefully the painting fun can start mid to end of next week to bring out the final looks.

But i wont let you go without an image today: It was very hot in my office the last weeks, maybe that inspired me to the combination of those themes and colors...

A330_VS_SUN2_PNG.png

vor 17 Minuten, olschelsea8 sagte:

Is it legal for a man to marry a plane 'cause I'm in luuuuuuuuuv. Great job.:wub::D

Hmmm...if i would additionally play a sugar sweet piano piece, then i would start to worry....

1 hour ago, Stefan Hoffmann said:

Small friday update: After a small sidestep task, work continues well on the A330 texturing preparations. Thats really another caliber than to texture a smaller airliner. But most stuff has been done and hopefully the painting fun can start mid to end of next week to bring out the final looks.

But i wont let you go without an image today: It was very hot in my office the last weeks, maybe that inspired me to the combination of those themes and colors...

A330_VS_SUN2_PNG.png

Great pic...love your work stefan.

Cheers mate,cheers Aerosoft.

1 hour ago, Stefan Hoffmann said:

A330_VS_SUN2_PNG.png

I aint got no problem flying it like that, just bring it out bring it out.

damn that sexy ........... ;)