Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview

23 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

And that closes the A320 sidestep. Nobody got it though one person got close and soon it will be clear to all, lol.

Mathjis did say good progress has been made on the A330, the cockpit model & textures is already done I'm assuming the systems are nearly complete (the good thing about Airbus is the systems similarity between the 320 and 330 so AS would have to customize the code a bit and probably just use a majority from the 320 to the new 330 bus) so with that they will now focus on the exterior model. We haven't seen the exterior model yet (except the gear) but we should expect to see it sometime this month.

I hope

On 9/2/2016 at 9:07 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

No. Not for the A330 in any case.

Now I am going to confuse a lot of people, and enjoying that for some perverse reason. A lot of time was spend this week on the A320/A321 and A318/A319 files and a lot of new files were made. But none of those were for an update (certainly not for some illusive SP4 update). It was also not for a professional version (we did a lot for that last month, not now). So if anybody is able to guess why we spend a lot of time on things like this:

unnamed.jpg

he\she will get a free A330. It does require some lateral thinking and some good knowledge of the industry. 
Of course all these files will be made available for our current customers as free updates.

At the same time we made good progress on A330 systems btw. 

My guess, for better SCM (Software management control). This might mean (more or less) up-front sync-up with the latest and more optimized A330 code so that at later stage baseline maintenance become simpler. Not to forget even the upgrades can move more or less together provided there are lesser specific complexities on each of the bus.

Regards

Prayog

It seems almost nobody understood what Mathijs, Tom and myself said in the last few posts. 

The A320 sidestep is closed and soon the news will be made available. 

Any post concerning the A320 news will be deleted from now on and posters that should know better and still post about the A320 here will be put under moderation. 

Let's see if this approach works as asking kindly doesn't do it anymore. Thank you for your understanding.

The night cockpit pics are absolutely gorgeous. She will be a fine bird when it is released.

Compared to X-Plane FSX sadly dosent have a good A330 with a realistic cockpit and systems so this will make up for the dark ages of FSX.

Will we get news maybe not this Friday but next Friday of the exterior model or do we have to wait till next month to hear some news? 

7 hours ago, The Dude said:

It seems almost nobody understood what Mathijs, Tom and myself said in the last few posts. 

The A320 sidestep is closed and soon the news will be made available. 

Any post concerning the A320 news will be deleted from now on and posters that should know better and still post about the A320 here will be put under moderation. 

Let's see if this approach works as asking kindly doesn't do it anymore. Thank you for your understanding.

I was thinking no more free a330 anymore, but we stil could guess.

Also are we allowed to play for moderator on this forum as member?

vor 2 Stunden , Citation X sagte:

She will be a fine bird when it is released.

Haha true :D

But why is every Plane a "she"?

I my Flightscool everyone calls a Plane a "she" lol

Well, linguistically speaking "she"'s an "it". But that doesn't live up to what an aircraft is, right. Pilots - back in the days - were always men. I took a few decades after the first flight before a famous woman flew ( Madame Therese Peltier) her first solo. Soooo... as a dude, a guy, a manly man you'd refer to you A/C as a she, a woman, a girl... and frankly... beauty and elegance of flight still dictate, that we refer to aircrafts of any kind as a "she". Oh... and if you really like your woman... call her the most beautiful Cessna 182, Boeing 737, Concorde or F-16 you have EVER seen (refrain from using comparisons to Guppys, Jumbos or Flying Geese) :D

To keep it politically correct, it is simply a definition that planes are gramatically female.

Planes have one advantage over woman though:
If you do something wrong a plane will kill you quickly.
A woman will take her time.

1 hour ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

To keep it politically correct, it is simply a definition that planes are gramatically female.

While I'm sure this is correct in German if you say so, it is not in many other languages, fx. my native tongue Danish.

I believe the tradition of referring to aircraft as 'she' like so many other things in aviation is carried over from the maritime world, where ships are also referred to as females.

But just like King Musjo, I really like your 'planes versus women' comparison :D

vor 2 Stunden , Emanuel Hagen sagte:

Planes have one advantages over woman though:

Hahaha soo true :hahaha_s:

Vor 1 Stunde, KingMusjo sagte:

OMG - you deserve two upvotes (if that were possible!) for that comment, Emanuel! :lol:

Haha He got 11 Upvotes already xD

I know what u mean xD

Airplane comes from the greek word "αεροπλάνο" which is a neuter. So technically what you said is wrong.

Even in german i think that plane is a neuter (das Flugzeug).

22 minutes ago, power2025 said:

Airplane comes from the greek word "αεροπλάνο" which is a neuter. So technically what you said is wrong.

In German it is "Das Flugzeug", but "Die Boeing, die Cessna", etc.
Some people say "der Airbus", however that traces back to the word bus itself, technically Airbus is still female (sounds strange? It is...).

Your comparison does not work here because while it is "der Mensch" it is also "die Frau", just like Boeings, Airbusses, etc. are "subcategories" of the word airplane.

It is just a grammatical definition that, just like ships btw, airplanes are always female.

Enough offtopic now, if you want to continue this discussion let's just open a topic in the general or radio chatters forums :)

vor 22 Minuten, power2025 sagte:

"Das Flugzeug" is is a neuter yes..

But "der Airbus A320" or "die Boeing 737"?

If you say "die Airbus" or "der Boeing" it sounds strange :D

Airbus is a male and Boeing is a female.

lg

Julien

Da war der Emi wieder schneller xD

Just now, julien_Blue said:

"Das Flugzeug" is is a neuter yes..

But "der Airbus A320" or "die Boeing 737"?

If you say "die Airbus" or "der Boeing" it sounds strange :D

Airbus is a male and Boeing is a female.

lg

Julien

tbh i don't know about that. I am greek, not german.

2 hours ago, adrian delCid said:

In spanish it depends if you say "la aeronave (the aircraft)" is female but if you say "el avión (the airplane)" it's male.

I know, that's why I said kind of. Kind regards!

Small point...in Russian, ships and aircraft are referenced as being male.  I'm not Russian, just thought I'd throw this out there.

12 hours ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

Planes have one advantage over woman though:

It seems most women have the fly-by-wire protection systems as well as we will be seeing in the 330

BTW will we be able to disable the protection systems on the 330 and fly manually because I've noticed we can't do that on the A320/321 product.

1 hour ago, Citation X said:

BTW will we be above to disable the protection systems on the 330 and fly manually because I've noticed we can't do that on the A320/321 product.

No, this will not be possible. We only model normal Ops. 

vor 22 Minuten, The Dude sagte:

No, this will not be possible. We only model normal Ops. 

Is it possible to add the test switches for e.g. engine fire? I am not asking for an engine fire procedure but just for a modeled test switch. I looked into A320 flows and found out, that the captain is pushing the APU and later, the engine fire test switches during his flow. It would be great, if that feature could be modeled (in A320 it is not modeled). It would be sufficient to be able to push the switches, hear the sound and see the lights.

When looking into the flows, there are some more tests, e.g. CVR test, Oxygen mask (I like the way this is modeled in to the PMDG 737 NGX). It would be great, if some of these tests could be modeled.

Regards,

Uli