Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview

6 minutes ago, Airbus A340 Pilot said:

When it´s time for us "medium-skilled-simmers", we´ll hear about it here, won´t we?

Yes

1 minute ago, Airbus A340 Pilot said:

Back to topic?

Deal. (Also meaning yes ;) )

I hope the Beta testers test something more thoroughly, as with the CRJ. There are simply too many mistakes that should have been noted, and that is no reproach to the developer!!!

Either the test program does not fit or the tester!

The bus is now building on the previous buses, that makes hope.

First you are downvoting me and now you say I am a bad tester. Not bad. 

Ever thought of the idea that I am not the only one testing and that almost all 'mistakes' were known to the team?

vor 28 Minuten, Anders Bermann sagte:

Because that's called bigamy! :lol:

:excl::angry2_s:

vor 59 Minuten, Frank Docter sagte:

Deal. (Also meaning yes ;) )

Great deal, isn´t it;)

vor 48 Minuten, FraPre sagte:

I hope the Beta testers test something more thoroughly, as with the CRJ. There are simply too many mistakes that should have been noted, and that is no reproach to the developer!!!

Either the test program does not fit or the tester!

Hm, I wonder why Frank should be a bad tester. You´ve already noticed he was a real CRJ pilot?

52 minutes ago, FraPre said:

Common sense in software development (not restricted to flight simulation): a version 1.0 is something else than a version 4.0!

In our modern times one would have thought people would understand that and all it's implications...

@ Frank Docter   

I can not see who judges (voting) me, at least I find nothing, it is only “someone” to read.

Among the leaders of the forum it is obviously possible, also somewhat unfair.

As I see, I was immediately downgraded, anonymous. The 101 +points before I had for helpful answers,  now I am under 100 again, only because I say what you can read in CRJ thread´s.

I have not been offensive, I said something wrong.

But this is how it is, one speaks critically, same moderators  all equally offended, this and the degradation is sad!

8 minutes ago, FraPre said:

I have not been offensive, I said something wrong.

Actually you have been offensive, to all beta testers. You have no insight at all into development and testing at Aerosoft, on the current defect lists, their priorities and so on. Nevertheless you identified the beta testers as the reason why there are bug reports in a version 1.0. This is offensive, and there is no talking around it.

And this post closes this unfortunate hicc-up in this otherwise open and friendly topic.

22 minutes ago, FraPre said:

@ Frank Docter   

I can not see who judges (voting) me, at least I find nothing, it is only “someone” to read.

Among the leaders of the forum it is obviously possible, also somewhat unfair.

Moderators in this forum can see who voted what and where. I am one of them. All the downvotes you got today were from forum members. You reap what you sow. You got the most downvotes for your posts here in the preview btw, not in the CRJ forums. 

Now back to what Tom said. 

1 hour ago, Patrick Almeida Helzer said:

Why is that all displays in the CRJ are also available as 2D panels but the A330 wont have 2D panels?

Different developers... even further, the CRJs systems (2D popups of the displays belong to that) are done by Digital Aviation.

Does anyone know how Fuel Dumping works on the A330 if it available at all?

I know that the A330 design is capable of "Overweight' landing beyond its MLW while adjusting the landing speed. Please correct me if I am wrong.

19 minutes ago, Mazen said:

I know that the A330 design is capable of "Overweight' landing beyond its MLW while adjusting the landing speed. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I don't know myself but I have googled around a little and it seems that it is available on some a332 but not for the A333. However, I am far from certain though but @Wackenopfer will know for sure though I think. :)

vor 46 Minuten, Griffin78 sagte:

I don't know myself but I have googled around a little and it seems that it is available on some a332 but not for the A333. However, I am far from certain though but @Wackenopfer will know for sure though I think. :)

That´s correct, @Griffin78

As far as I know it's a customer option, but only for the A332 since the A333 (except for the 242t version) has the center tank deactivated. 

But actually you don't need to dump fuel, because the A330 is certified for overweight landings up to MTOW.

Even in the case of an engine fire shortly after takeoff, it's still better to damage the gear instead of circling around and wait until MLW is reached while the engine may continue to burn. 

Please correct me if I'm wrong. 

3 hours ago, Mazen said:

A330 Fuel dumping (not available on all the A330's, because it's a customer option) works the following way:

On the overhead there is a place that says JETTISON and there you have to open the guard of the ARM button and push the ARM button, and then you have to open the ACTIVATE button guard and push the ACTIVATE button; then the fuel dumping starts.

6807296325_c57397235e_b.jpg

Time for a small friday update: A warning up in front: The cockpit is currently a somewhat "messy" construction site. There are still a lot of old components which are exchanged piece by piece with new ones. Work concentrates on the functional stuff like important panels currently. The overhead has been replaced now and is back in action. The images show the complete list of the button lights now; all there are existing. Mainpanel has been refreshed and modeling is already completed on the new pedestal stuff which starts texturing next week. Also the displays are old ones from the last version as i not immediately take the new BETA stuff onto my machine. Higher resolution is planned also there...

The older textures for FSX also needed to be much brighter in the more remote spots. Prepar3D V4 with HDR features that much better, with simulating the eye opening / exposure time dynamicly.

Screenshots_NEWVC_20170811_001.png

Screenshots_NEWVC_20170811_002.png

Screenshots_NEWVC_20170811_003.png

Screenshots_NEWVC_20170811_004.png

Screenshots_NEWVC_20170811_005.png

Screenshots_NEWVC_20170811_006.png

As a diehard pilot of the digital skies I have used nothing but Boeing products from PMDG. I am very interested and excited about trying out the European competition, both the 320 and 330 in P3Dv4. In the interest of time and having to parse through 230 pages I hope someone can answer this for me. How well does/will this software interface/interact with settings and calibration through fsuipc? I have hardware designed for Boeing but plan to adapt it for use with Airbus (sinful I know). I hope to set detents up with my throttle stand, engine run/cutoff with my switches on the throttle stand (it's the JetMax 737 throttle stand) nose wheel steering with my standalone tiller, etc... 

I realize the developer is updating the product so the answer to this question may be different than with the old version currently in use, thus it will likely need to be answered by a team member when they have the time. Many thanks. 

Looks so stunning. Also things like sidestick priority seem to be modelled and functional. Good work;)

1 hour ago, Airbus A340 Pilot said:

Also things like sidestick priority seem to be modelled and functional. Good work;)

I would search this forum for an answer to that (I'm not sure which page it's on, but I was the author), it's not what you might be thinking.

Best wishes.

Hi,

due to holiday and a lot of work I didn't keep pace with this topic the last weeks:

I am a little confused about the last updates postet in the A330 Preview Thread. They're all concerning a AirbusA318-321 cockpit overwork!? What's with the A330? No more updates? I remember that once you said, it is not so much development work from the A320 to the A330. Now the A330 updates seem to dissapear an this topic consists of updates of the A318-321.

Maybe someone could give a state of development of the A330? Btw, I think it would be more clearly, to post exclusively the A330 related news in this topic called "A330 preview" and open maybe another preview for the A318-321 overwork. But perhaps I'm wrong and I overlooked a detail in the older posts.

Thx,

Jack

There will be a seperare A320 preview thread soon. You are correct that it is all a bit confusing now. 

Mathijs wrote a few days ago that the A330 is in "mid alpha" state at the moment. Most of the systems and new FMGC features are done. Same goes for the modeling. But it is not yet in beta. 

vor 48 Minuten, DaveCT2003 sagte:

I would search this forum for an answer to that (I'm not sure which page it's on, but I was the author), it's not what you might be thinking.

Best wishes.

Oh Ok. I'll look for it;)

Edit:

Ah, yh, I knew, but it simply looks Nice though;)