Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview

9 hours ago, ShawnG said:

I realize there are some who view me wanting to use time compression as tantamount to devil worship. 

Don't worry, I have my computer in a pentangle, with garlic and religious paraphernalia installed.   I believe FSX had such a facility, I'm not sure about P3D V4.  I think I know what Mathijs might say 'It's not in a pilot's everyday tasks'  and as Frank has said, it could be difficult to implement.  For myself, I don't use it, I want all the hours I can get at my VA and with luck the computer will run overnight if needs be.  There are probably facilities that have a higher priority too.  Not one to hold your breath on I think.

45 minutes ago, __Max__ said:

Will the new Airbusses have more realism than the old ones?

That's progress - I have been wondering what might be a less popular post than " How about a 2D cockpit and when will it be out? ", but you aced it. Well done!

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

On 28/07/2017 at 4:37 PM, Stefan Hoffmann said:

TIme for a little update: Had some sidejobs to do over the week which took the focus for 2 days away, but the shading of the overhead stuff continues. Currently only the panels bases and the white knobs are shaded. All other stuff not; so not wonder why that looks so dark. Follows then monday...

Screens are out of the 3d software, but with the "final" textures which will be used also inside the sim...

[...]

Will existing customers have to "re-purchase" the a318-21?

With the connected flight deck, will the new a330 connected flight deck be passed down to the new airbus 18/21

22 minutes ago, Maxrouter2 said:

With the connected flight deck, will the new a330 connected flight deck be passed down to the new airbus 18/21

Hello Max,

yes, that is certainly planned. The new Connected Flight Deck will be available in all Airbusses of the 2018 series!

We expect both to use the same technology for the most part of the systems, including features like the CFD, etc.

Our goal with the A320 2018 series is to get the Airbusses to the same level which the A330 will be at.

• Upvote 2

@Emanuel Hagen Max's question was of course Airbus-related, but will CFD find its way into the CRJ as well?

EDIT: Search function unveiled, that Mathijs one time said, "CFD in all our aircrafts"! I guess, that answers my question :lol: ...

• Upvote 1

On 27/07/2017 at 8:28 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

Btw, we have now entered out Airbus projects into our administrative systems, here is the info.

• Aerosoft A320/A321, Edition 2018
  • Aerosoft A318/A319, Edition 2018
  • Aerosoft A318/A319 & A320/A321, Edition 2018 (bundle)
  • Aerosoft A330, Edition 2018
  1. These products will sell for 40 euro (plus EU VAT when applicable). Price for the bundle still need to be set.
  2. These products will install in FSX:SP2, FSX;STEAM, P3D V3 and P3D V4. No online activation, as many installs as you want in what ever sim you want.
  3. Updates from the current Airbusses will be 16 Euro (plus EU VAT when applicable). A note on that, as you know we never charge customers for files they already paid for, so if an update contains 50% new files, you only pay for those new files and get a 50% discount. In the case of the A320 series the new product actually contains more than 60% new files, yet we decided to charge much less. This is done because we value the customers who have been using these products for such a long time. 
  4. Still need to figure out the update price for the bundle but expect it to be in line with the others.
  5. All these products will release this year, (CRJ first) where the A330 follows on the A320 series. we expect these all to be released shortly after each other.

Please keep in mind that these are NOT new installers to install the old product in the new sims to make them 'compatible'. They are all very much updated to the latest ideas and technologies. 

Sounds very reasonable to me Mathijs, thanks to you & the team for all your hard work & dedication to give us a product we can all enjoy & get true immersion from at a very reasonable price.  

• Upvote 3

OK, I actually have a query.  My best efforts with the search function has yielded no answer(sorry Tom).  I found the web server quite useful for displaying the MCDU on a second PC.  Is this being continued on the A330, and updated/improved for the A3XX series?

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Dudley said:

Is this being continued on the A330, and updated/improved for the A3XX series?

Not decided yet as far as I know. 

• Upvote 1

vor 20 Stunden , Tom A320 sagte:

What realism are your missing în detail? 

Sorry Tom, that I didn't write any details. Here are a few examples:

-working F/O sidestick

-what about wing and engine condensation? (Would be a nice detail!)

-and what about rain effects on the windows?

I don't know how hard it is to program these effects, so don't blame me if it's hard to program.

It would not be bad, if you wouldn't add these "little" details. But it would not be bad as well, if you would add the details.:D

(The first point is my favourite ;))

-cheers

• Upvote 3

42 minutes ago, __Max__ said:

-what about wing and engine condensation? (Would be a nice detail!)

Why not leave these thing to 3rd party developers? Outside effects like wing condensation, smoke from touchdown, rain and wheel sprays etc are already made very nice by FSFX Immersion Packages...

42 minutes ago, __Max__ said:

-and what about rain effects on the windows?

Has already been asked and answered multiple times. Use the search function. The VC rain effects are (currently) not implemented, due to the fact, that it's quite the FPS stealer and is very taxiing on the system.

• Upvote 4

vor 24 Minuten, Anders Bermann sagte:

Why not leave these thing to 3rd party developers? Outside effects like wing condensation, smoke from touchdown, rain and wheel sprays etc are already made very nice by FSFX Immersion Packages...

Has already been asked and answered multiple times. Use the search function. The VC rain effects are (currently) not implemented, due to the fact, that it's quite the FPS stealer and is very taxiing on the system.

Thank you for the answer!

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, mopperle said:

And might be done when you have both, CPU and GPU running at 1THz and cooled with liquid nitrogen.

LOL! :lol:

12 minutes ago, __Max__ said:

Thank you for the answer!

You're welcome, my friend.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, mopperle said:

And might be done when you have both, CPU and GPU running at 1THz and cooled with liquid nitrogen.

not necessarily.. with X-Plane, we've had VC rain since XP10 days.. dont need a NASA computer.. its pretty standard feature in X-plane and now even FSW..

• Upvote 4

On 7/30/2017 at 1:01 PM, Frank Docter said:

There is no answer to that question at the moment. The current beta does not have such a feature implemented. 

The idea is floating around but no decision has been made yet. I am not even sure if it is doable with our FBW and code. Maybe Mathijs could say something about it next week when his weekend party hangover is gone. ;) 

It will always remain highly complicated because doubling the speed halves the frame rate. And we simply have to work on a frame by frame base with the FBW system to make it work as we want it. As the whole system load will be lower and P3d V4 is kinder to resources I think on many systems X8 will be possible though. 

So to clarify, there will be updates to the current Aerosoft A320 series and they will cost 16 euros to update? And the A330 will cost 40 euros?

-TP

To be precise:

• if you buy a new bus (either A318/A319 or A320/A321 or A330) it will cost you 40 Euros (+VAT)
  • if you update your current bus (A318/A319 or A320/A321) to the 2018 Edition it will cost you 16 Euros (+VAT)
  • Upvote 1

And if we then bought the A320 2018 edition, will we get an update price for the A330?

5 minutes ago, Airbus A340 Pilot said:

And if we then bought the A320 2018 edition, will we get an update price for the A330?

Please refer back to the original post:

(item 4)