Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview

Recommended Posts

I assume there isnt any chance you let fans try the alpha right? :) and the beta for that matter...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, The Dude said:
As Mathijs already stated the AS A330 is in early alpha. I just did my first testflight from EDDM with it and I really like it sofar. The VC has a lot of 2048 textures now and all the text on the panels is so much sharper than with the AS A320Fam. The displays are also hires but Mathijs just told me that they will get an even higher resolution soon.

 

Here are 3 quick shots from the cockpit flying the BIBAG1S SID:

[...]

Do note this is early alpha. 

 

Looks good!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, The Dude said:

As Mathijs already stated the AS A330 is in early alpha. I just did my first testflight from EDDM with it and I really like it sofar. The VC has a lot of 2048 textures now and all the text on the panels is so much sharper than with the AS A320Fam. The displays are also hires but Mathijs just told me that they will get an even higher resolution soon.

 

Here are 3 quick shots from the cockpit flying the BIBAG1S SID:

[...]

Do note this is early alpha. 

 

Hi Dude!  It looks great, you must all be really pleased, it seems to be going really well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, that's not how we operate, sorry.

There will be a larger beta test later on where we will invite 50 people (do NOT start to ask now please).

 

 

 

 

1 hour ago, elad press said:

Is it decided about the liveries that will come with the plane?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

 

No, we do check the forum topic about that though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

No, we do check the forum topic about that though.

 

And to prevent a livery request storm in here (the preview topic), there is already a topic which takes such requests:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have looked at The Dudes images above and  you can see the difference with 2048pixel, I also use Emanuel's A320 textures.  My ( with the danger of wandering off topic a bit ) question is - I wear reading glasses, and I don't see the benefit of your efforts as I sit back and I am over a metre from my monitor. If  I draw in close ( about 60 - 70cm) as I did with the above images I see them as sharply as intended, but at my normal seating distance  they blur slightly. I have noted that Tom and Mathijs  and probably others are wearing glasses - and you will be inspecting these textures all day. Do you get the same problem I do, as I assume my glasses are actually designed for reading books closer to my face.  I just want to enjoy your efforts in full effect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Dudley said:

I have looked at The Dudes images above and  you can see the difference with 2048pixel, I also use Emanuel's A320 textures.  My ( with the danger of wandering off topic a bit ) question is - I wear reading glasses, and I don't see the benefit of your efforts as I sit back and I am over a metre from my monitor. If  I draw in close ( about 60 - 70cm) as I did with the above images I see them as sharply as intended, but at my normal seating distance  they blur slightly. I have noted that Tom and Mathijs  and probably others are wearing glasses - and you will be inspecting these textures all day. Do you get the same problem I do, as I assume my glasses are actually designed for reading books closer to my face.  I just want to enjoy your efforts in full effect.

Along the same lines, I would make one last plee for AS to consider pop up 2D panels for the PFD and ND at least, before the A330 is finaly put to bed. I have asked before,but to no avail. For those of us that "fly" on gaming laptops with 17 inch HD screens and wear spectacles  it would be an enourmous boost. If it can be done with the MCDU it must be technicaly possible. The AS A320 is my favourite aircraft, but I have to fly other developers planes to give my eyes a rest. Before making a final decision,could it not be put to the vote, ala the EFB discussion. Regards to all.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, ColH said:

I would make one last plee for AS to consider pop up 2D panels for the PFD and ND at least

 

I could not agree more. Though I know some feel differently, pop out 2D panels  have longed been an important part of aircraft models and add to both the function and use - plus it doesn't have to eat frames to do this.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ColH said:

Along the same lines, I would make one last plee for AS to consider pop up 2D panels for the PFD and ND at least, before the A330 is finaly put to bed.

I have to agree with this. I do not feel that 2D panels for the overhead panel or the MCP are necessary but after flying the PMDG aircrafts I do enjoy the FMC's having a 2D option. It is nice when programming the FMC for the flight to have a 2D panel in order to not have to move the camera so close to the FMC. 

 

For the PFD and ND it is nice, but to me personally it is less of an issue. I would live to see a 2D MCDU that is not in a pop out screen like the current A32x. 

 

Just a suggestion though. I would not want to add a non-necessary item to the todo list just to delay the release and add more to the long list of bugs that are being worked on at the moment. 

 

Anyways with the photos posted earlier everything is looking great! Keep up the work and I'm beginning to save my money now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, iccowan said:

I have to agree with this. I do not feel that 2D panels for the overhead panel or the MCP are necessary but after flying the PMDG aircrafts I do enjoy the FMC's having a 2D option. It is nice when programming the FMC for the flight to have a 2D panel in order to not have to move the camera so close to the FMC. 

 

For the PFD and ND it is nice, but to me personally it is less of an issue. I would live to see a 2D MCDU that is not in a pop out screen like the current A32x.

 

What exactly do you mean? A 2D MCDU is already included in our A320 series, so I don't quite understand what you think is wrong with it? Could you explain it please?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

 

What exactly do you mean? A 2D MCDU is already included in our A320 series, so I don't quite understand what you think is wrong with it? Could you explain it please?

Isn't the 2D MCDU a pop out screen only? If not then I am mistaken but it would be nice for it to be incorporated like the PMDGs and be able to click on the MCDU screen in order to have the 2D come up to simplify things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

 

What exactly do you mean? A 2D MCDU is already included in our A320 series, so I don't quite understand what you think is wrong with it? Could you explain it please?

I think the expected behavior should be similar to the Majestic Q400. You click on the screen of the MCDU/PFD/... and this screen then gets displayed as an separate window.

 

I know it#s far away from 100% realism, but it's helping a lot if you are flying on a smaller screen (eg. Laptop), as it's pretty hard to see though cockpit window and at the same time watch your speed, altitude,...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On A320 on right MCDU, there is a tiny issue. If you once switch to the Pushback-menu by mistake, it's impossible to get out of this menu without starting the pushback. Would be nice, if this will be fixed in A330 and future A320. (Or didn't I find the way back to main menu?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, aighes said:

I think the expected behavior should be similar to the Majestic Q400. You click on the screen of the MCDU/PFD/... and this screen then gets displayed as an separate window.

 

I know it#s far away from 100% realism, but it's helping a lot if you are flying on a smaller screen (eg. Laptop), as it's pretty hard to see though cockpit window and at the same time watch your speed, altitude,...

This is my point exactly. Because of limited space,and/or finance, we sadly do not all have large HD screens. The AS Airbus range is superb, but I for one, think that it needs this feature. Regards to all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Small friday update: Gearbay have now been integrated into the fuselage with a basic coloring, details come later. Next task is to create the final cargo hold geometry...

 

A330_SLAT_20170224_001.png

A330_SLAT_20170224_002.png

A330_SLAT_20170224_003.png

A330_SLAT_20170224_004.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, ColH said:

This is my point exactly. Because of limited space,and/or finance, we sadly do not all have large HD screens. The AS Airbus range is superb, but I for one, think that it needs this feature. Regards to all.

 

And all our busses always had that. You can also use the MCDU from any tablet or laptop on the same network.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I already have the other Airbusses(A318/A319/A320/A321) . If i buy the A330, will i get the A320 (2017) for free?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you should stop with the friday updates, because every time you post one my head explodes from the hype... ;) Keep up the good work! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Rafail Giavrimis said:

I already have the other Airbusses(A318/A319/A320/A321) . If i buy the A330, will i get the A320 (2017) for free?

 

No, but you will get a discount. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, iccowan said:

Isn't the 2D MCDU a pop out screen only? If not then I am mistaken but it would be nice for it to be incorporated like the PMDGs and be able to click on the MCDU screen in order to have the 2D come up to simplify things.

 

This is implemented since a long time already, even in our present Airbusses. I believe it was first introduced with the Airbus X Extended.

You need to click on the black bar on the right of the MCDU keyboard to open/close it.

 

-2017-feb-24-034.jpg

 

By clicking the left bar you activate the MCDU keyboard input by the way, just in case you did not know..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.