Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview

Will there be a fast forward thing like on the PMDG 777 as it otherwise might be hard to do long flights?

10 minutes ago, Isac2254 said:

Will there be a fast forward thing like on the PMDG 777 as it otherwise might be hard to do long flights?

Ideally yes, but it is not a high priority issue for us.

The time acceleration on the PMDG 777 is pretty cool. There's also a similar feature on the iFly 747. I like how it automatically disables at waypoints and when framerate drops dangerously low. Having such a feature on the A330 would be fantastic.

13 minutes ago, nealmac said:

The time acceleration on the PMDG 777 is pretty cool. There's also a similar feature on the iFly 747. I like how it automatically disables at waypoints and when framerate drops dangerously low. Having such a feature on the A330 would be fantastic.

Agree.  As a medium to long hauler aircraft -  I'd consider it an important feature.

8 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Always at the same time. We really do not understand why other companies see those as different platforms. 

5487eea44527c5008fa36d6038024c997ec154c35272fa50307d1af304f1fb1a.jpg

On 1/9/2017 at 6:56 AM, Tom A320 said:

<irony>

No. This will only be available through a chargeable service pack, which will become available shortly after the release of the A330 for a reasonable prize. 

This service pack will also include the nose wheel, the pilot seat (co pilot seat is not needed, as only the job of the pilot is modeled), the windscreen wipers and the step by step guide.

</irony>

<irony>

Will it also include the Air Traffic Controlers with their glowing sticks? You know, the people who guide the plane from the runway to the gate?

</irony>

On 1/9/2017 at 6:56 AM, Tom A320 said:  

No. This will only be available through a chargeable service pack, which will become available shortly after the release of the A330 for a reasonable prize. 

This service pack will also include the nose wheel, the pilot seat (co pilot seat is not needed, as only the job of the pilot is modeled), the windscreen wipers and the step by step guide.

Will it also include the Air Traffic Controlers with their glowing sticks? You know, the people who guide the plane from the runway to the gate?

In what world do ATC Controllers also do the job of Marshallers, and even then, when do they guide the plane from the runway to the gate [emoji1] Last time I checked they used a follow me car to do that.

And yet no, I believe it won't be in the a330 because that wouldn't really make any sense and would be a) difficoult to script in an airplane and b ) redundant since gsx already does that and aes as well if I recall correctly.

Have a lovely day ;)

1 hour ago, cloadmcally said:

In what world do ATC Controllers also do the job of Marshallers, and even then, when do they guide the plane from the runway to the gate emoji1.png Last time I checked they used a follow me car to do that.

And yet no, I believe it won't be in the a330 because that wouldn't really make any sense and would be a) difficoult to script in an airplane and b ) redundant since gsx already does that and aes as well if I recall correctly.

Have a lovely day ;)

I'm pretty sure that was a joke, referring to how most people believe controllers are the people standing on the ramp guiding the airplanes in to the gate.

1 hour ago, cloadmcally said:  

In what world do ATC Controllers also do the job of Marshallers, and even then, when do they guide the plane from the runway to the gate [emoji1] Last time I checked they used a follow me car to do that.

Have a lovely day [emoji6]

I'm pretty sure that was a joke, referring to how most people believe controllers are the people standing on the ramp guiding the airplanes in to the gate.

Oh god stupid tapatalk didn't let me see that he quoted the previous message, sorry folkes missed the joke don't hate me pliz :D

Inviato dal mio SM-G920F utilizzando Tapatalk

vor 15 Stunden , Speedbird ATC sagte:

<irony>

</irony>

<irony>

yes, it will only cost you 16.99$ for FSX and 23.99$ for P3D.

</irony>

23 hours ago, richcam427 said:

5487eea44527c5008fa36d6038024c997ec154c35272fa50307d1af304f1fb1a.jpg

Yes I see that and to be honest I am rather jealous that other companies seem to be able to pull this off.  See, certainly the companies who make the most complex add-ons see FS as the 'operating system' and use as little of it as possible. It's just what is needed to run their simulations. We see it a bit different as we sell aircraft, tools, scenery etc, for us it is more of 'an environment'.

But when you upgrade from Win8 to Win10, your MS Office still works, your FSX still runs. And that is because it is intended to run the same code. Just as FSX and P3D, there are small differences and coders have to make slight adjustments, but 99.9% of FSX code will run fine in P3D. There are P3d options that FSX can't use but I have never seen these actually used in a commercial product. 

And if you just look at the files for products that are sold as separate for FSX and P3D you see that they are almost always simply the same. They might have a different checksum because of a different compiler (so have files compiled with the FSX:STEAM compiler) but if you have both the FSX and P3D version of such a product installed you can move the vast majority of files between the two sims without problems. 

Now when you are talking about a really different sim, like X-Plane or 64 bit versions of our beloved FS that are sure to be released at some time, things are different. Sounds and textures will probably be the same, the rest needs work. We don't know yet but that is a good guess. Perhaps only a recompile (minutes) perhaps more. We'll know soon.

But to be honest, I seriously never understood how people are willing to pay twice for the same files. Cross update price, sure I see that, but full price for files you already have on your disk... 

vor 5 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

But to be honest, I seriously never understood how people are willing to pay twice for the same files. Cross update price, sure I see that, but full price for files you already have on your disk... 

This is why I love Aerosoft! I don't have to pay twice for the same files....our passion for flight simulation is expensive enough ;)

On 18/04/2016 at 0:11 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

Because the previous topic was merged with something else I open a new one with two new images.

To be clear about a few issues:

• Release is expected in 2016 (but hey, shit happens)

A330PIT_002.png

A330PIT_001.png

Shit just happened:lol::lolsign_s:

23 hours ago, Fangtooth said:

This is why I love Aerosoft! I don't have to pay twice for the same files....our passion for flight simulation is expensive enough ;)

I almost wonder if some companies would be more popular if they did what Aerosoft did and be fair about what they're charging...if only everyone could be as cool as Aerosoft. :P

On 11.1.2017 at 7:12 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

We are kind of forced to. Some of the biggest selling addons are the ones requiring us to pay twice for them (or 2.5times since the P3D version usually is more expensive)

I am very grateful, Aerosoft and most others are treating P3D and FSX as basically the same sim.

On 11.1.2017 at 19:12, Mathijs Kok sagte:

That's why these guys won't get any of my money. Period.

Small friday update:

FlapTrack Fairings are now completed too. Details on the trailing wing edge + spoiler details have been also added. Last part in that section are the hydraulic pipelines for the spoiler system. Then the closing touch will be the rivets/screws on the trail edge top access panel. Last thing to do then is here the slatsystem in detail, which will follow hopefully next week.

A330_FUSELAGE_20170113_001.png

A330_FUSELAGE_20170113_002.png

A330_FUSELAGE_20170113_003.png

A330_FUSELAGE_20170113_004.png

A330_FUSELAGE_20170113_005.png

This is phenomenal, I think this will be the best detailed aircraft for FS when released. I don't don't recall seeing anything quite so detailed before. Is this model based on one particular aircraft, or a combination?

Its based of course on the photos we did. The real life comes then with the typical dirt splashes, partly of environment under rainy conditions, partly from lubricants flying around in the air flow.

7 minutes ago, Stefan Hoffmann said:

Its based of course on the photos we did. The real life comes then with the typical dirt splashes, partly of environment under rainy conditions, partly from lubricants flying around in the air flow.

You won't want to get such a beautiful job dirty :rolleyes: